News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rare Finds by Jerry Heasley - Cool book!

Started by 1RareBird, June 28, 2012, 11:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1RareBird

I don't know how many of you have seen his books but I thought this is an excellent one.  It even has a superbird on the cover and a couple daytona stories on the inside too.  I know a lot of us enjoy a good story of how a car was found and the history behind it, so I wanted to mention this book.  I picked it up on Amazon and just finished reading it. Just a heads up!
When I die I want to go like my Grandfather did, quietly in his sleep.  Not screaming like the passengers in his car.

odcics2

What he said...
Has an aero Ford too, not to mention a bunch of other makes and models, like an original Cobra fastback!   
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TheAutoArchaeologist

odcics2

Ahh, yes!!   But  we are talking about RARE finds, not in a barn!  LOL !!

Some of the stuff in Jerry's book was just sitting in fields... in plain view for years, in fact.
Hidden gems are cool, but so is are obvious ones that nobody sees!!

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

tryagain

Thanks for mentioning my book, "Jerry Heasley's Rare Finds."

I can't believe the cars people find. I get leads from my Rare Finds columns in several magazines, such as Muscle Car Review.

If anybody has a Rare Find drop me an email and I'll see if I can run it in the magazine. Make sure to take pictures of the Rare Find as it sits, without disturbing the stuff on and around the car. Back up and take a picture of the whole car, in addition to the engine and interior and details. Send the images high resolution.

You can go to my website- rarefinds.us or jerryheasley.com and my email is jerryheasley@gmail.com

Thanks,
Jerry

TheAutoArchaeologist

Quote from: odcics2 on June 29, 2012, 04:55:04 AM
Ahh, yes!!   But  we are talking about RARE finds, not in a barn!  LOL !!

Some of the stuff in Jerry's book was just sitting in fields... in plain view for years, in fact.
Hidden gems are cool, but so is are obvious ones that nobody sees!!

Good to hear from you again Jerry.  How's the summer treating you?

That's true, but the term "barn find" can represent a lot of conditions.  A "barn find" can be in a barn, field, junkyard.  It just is about a unrestored car being unearthed from a location.