News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Last minute indecision -- do I buy this car?

Started by tpetty, June 13, 2012, 07:48:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tpetty

The unanimous opinions here certainly make my decision to pass on the car feel better.  Thanks all

bakerhillpins

I think in the end you are making the right decision. I know it's harder to let go of because you are excited and you dropped $300 on an inspection but I do sincerely believe you will be better off waiting.

:cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Homerr

A tad late to the party, but this car had $110k + $25k = $135k put in to it?  It's a nice car, but I'm not seeing it.  The $43-45k realm still seems a bit high for this market unless it was cherry all around and/or restored to original.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 13, 2012, 08:30:18 PM
You're better off buying this guys car at $35,000 and painting it black.   :Twocents:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,92393.0.html

Ha!  I wrote the same thing at first but deleted it because I didn't want to push my car. But I wrote, buy mine for 35k and paint it. To funny.
I don't wanna see that happen. He has the money. Sit and wait. They'll be better ones. That car is over priced in my comparison.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tpetty

The story on the ridiculous money spent on car -- well over $100k -- is interesting, but actually sounds truthful when talking with him.  He didn't spend that.  Apparently a Saudi prince -- seriously -- living in Florida wanted to duplicate the Fast and the Furious charger.  Money was no object.  They eventually talked him out of chopping the hood for a blower.  While supposedly things were done well -- they truly gouged him on price.  Things like 10 grand for a new transmission. 

Apparently after 9/11, when muslims didn't feel too welcome here, he went back to Saudi Arabia and gave his car collection to various employees.  When the current owner bought the car from the employee it was given to, he promptly sent the original transmission, which they still had, for repair -- and found out nothing much was wrong with it.  He put the original one back in.  So you can see how an enormous bill can be generated if you want to rip someone off and they don't care about money.

Dino

I remember that car, way way waaaaay overpriced.  Much better cars out there.  There's a bronze/white 68 R/T not too far from me for $33K and a red 69 with 440 (no idea it it's a real R/T) and he dropped the price from $25K to $20K recently.  For $50K there can be nothing wrong with it.

These sellers think they have the last survivor of only 3 made.   :rotz:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.