News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mangled 69 Charger on craigslist

Started by Charger440RDN, June 11, 2012, 11:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger440RDN

Always sad to see something like this, can it be saved or is the owner doing the best thing by parting it out?

http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/3048508702.html

Kern Dog

That is bad, but I have seen WORSE cars brought back to life. I wonder what it would take to buy it whole?

FLG

Car looks familiar, pretty sure theres a thread out there with more pics of the damage.

TUFCAT

Cutting the 1/4 panel that way makes any chance of repair much harder. What a hack job!  :eek2:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: FLG on June 11, 2012, 11:38:56 PM
Car looks familiar, pretty sure theres a thread out there with more pics of the damage.

:iagree: I recall that car and someone running into the back of it  :Twocents:

bill440rt

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 12, 2012, 12:05:49 AM
Cutting the 1/4 panel that way makes any chance of repair much harder. What a hack job!  :eek2:

The car probably looked WORSE with the 1/4 panel on.  :yesnod:
From the photos he's posted, the car does look repairable.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

charger chris

the car looks bad but it cant be to bad if the glass isn't broke.i would throw some new metal on her and throw her the rake to make sure she was right to go down the street.
i am a fair person and up frount person and try to help if i can. i love my mopars thats. all i ever owned first car was my 69 charger at the age of 15.

1969 charger Daytona clone
1969 charger sadly stolen
1970 charger rt
1972 road runner clone

Ghoste

There is one pic where it looks like the rearend housing might be a little wowed.  360 in it now.  An expensive save, would it be worth it?

Indygenerallee

I found a General Lee out in Washington I believe on Craigslist that looked almost identical!??? But it had a donor car and they wanted something outrageous like $25 grand for both. looks like the same car.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Aero426

Very true.    The repair would be easier had the quarter been left in place.   Do your rough pulling to get dimensions back.    Then cut the old quarter off properly to replace.    Cutting it high on the roof like that was not smart.

tan top

Quote from: Aero426 on June 12, 2012, 08:05:07 AM
Cutting the 1/4 panel that way makes any chance of repair much harder. What a hack job!  :eek2:

Very true.    The repair would be easier had the quarter been left in place.   Do your rough pulling to get dimensions back.    Then cut the old quarter off properly to replace.    Cutting it high on the roof like that was not smart.

:yesnod:  :iagree:

Quote from: bill440rt on June 12, 2012, 06:35:47 AM
Cutting the 1/4 panel that way makes any chance of repair much harder. What a hack job!  :eek2:

The car probably looked WORSE with the 1/4 panel on.  :yesnod:
From the photos he's posted, the car does look repairable.

yeah thats true prolly cut the quarter off to make it  look not as bad as it is :-\ :shruggy:

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

charger_fan_4ever

Ghoste

True, it could have been mangled right up to where they cut it off on the roof.  So you would need an AMD roof and 1/4 or another donor car in addition to whatever else it needs.  Ouch.

charger_fan_4ever

1/4 panel $700
Outer Wheelhouse $180
Deck filler  $275
trunk lid rust free lets say $ 350
Tail panel $475
Valance and corners  $ 350
trunk floor $350
extension $ 140
bumper $375
talilight $??
trunk gutter is mangled
roof skin $ 500

There is  ~$3700 in parts just looking at a picture
Who knows what the rest of the body is like. Plus the part out has been started.

Not really worth much more than a project in a box as it is.

TUFCAT

I just noticed the confederate flag on the roof.  :scope:

dougc426

if its a 4 speed car that was totaled out years ago have pics of it too prove it!

[/quote]

FLG

I could swear there was pics recently, quarter panel still on it...can someone find it?  :brickwall:

Mike DC

:Twocents:

It's hurt, but it's still a long way from dead.  Decent driver '69s are worth a lot more than $4000.  And plenty of now-gorgeous cars on this site had to be torn down worse than that for rust repairs. 

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: FLG on June 12, 2012, 11:25:04 PM
I could swear there was pics recently, quarter panel still on it...can someone find it?  :brickwall:

Thinking about it, I think I saw the pics on Craigslist  :scratchchin:

Indygenerallee

Yes it was like I said the guy had another Charger shell and he was wanting $23,000 but It was Oregeon or Washington State.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

sanders7981

I am no professional body repairman... but i vote YES :yesnod: it is fixable.  It may look bad, but when you break down everything that needs to be done to it, it's not that much to repat it and would be worth it.  You just need to pay for new metal, or find some old metal to replace it.   Of course that is just my opinion, but I am also doing all the work on my own 69 General Lee resto-mod.   :cheers:

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: sanders7981 on June 13, 2012, 11:53:50 AM
I am no professional body repairman... but i vote YES :yesnod: it is fixable.  It may look bad, but when you break down everything that needs to be done to it, it's not that much to repat it and would be worth it.  You just need to pay for new metal, or find some old metal to replace it.   Of course that is just my opinion, but I am also doing all the work on my own 69 General Lee resto-mod.   :cheers:

For sure it is fixable. The question we don't know the answer  to is whats the rest of the "good" body like ? Whats under the paint ? My point is if you have to shell out $4k in parts just to fix the damage and strip the rest of the car not a bad deal.

Chances are there all kinds of "goodies" under the paint and needs as much work as a project in a box. Thats why imo its not worth more than a car in boxes.

65post

Amazing the back glass did not explode...If the rear frame rails and so on are SOLID. It would need to have the rear frame pulled and go on with new AMD metal.Considering the time it takes to get things RIGHT on a car that has never been BENT UP it would most likely be MORE time consuming putting repro metal to a car that has been damaged.
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Mike DC

If that car is solid otherwise then IMHO it would be a much better fix than a rust-out.  Severe rust may scare us less, but that's only because doing ridiculous amounts of rust reconstruction has become normal in this hobby.