News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdr

so here i go again,just call me mr negative lol where ya gonna get parts for that saturn  :scratchchin:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: cdr on July 15, 2012, 03:45:24 PM
so here i go again,just call me mr negative lol where ya gonna get parts for that saturn  :scratchchin:
Uh. Update. I went back to wanting a TA after seeing one. I think by law manufactures have to supply parts for 10 years after production. If I could get parts for a 40 year old car, I wouldnt worry about one 3 years old.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 15, 2012, 03:53:08 PM
Quote from: cdr on July 15, 2012, 03:45:24 PM
Uh. Update. I went back to wanting a TA after seeing one. I think by law manufactures have to supply parts for 10 years after production. If I could get parts for a 40 year old car, I wouldnt worry about one 3 years old.

Yeh, its SUPPOSED to be that way.  Not always necessarily true though. :RantExplode:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

This just got listed on eBay.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:  Just what I want.  There are so many out there that I'm gonna try to play it smart and not over pay. Fall is coming, times are hard, no rush.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Firebird-Ram-Air-WS-6-Performance-package-2001-Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-Convertible-Ram-Air-/320943278563?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab9b5c9e3
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 15, 2012, 05:32:12 PM
This just got listed on eBay.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Just what I want. There are so many out there that I'm gonna try to play it smart and not over pay. Fall is coming, times are hard, no rush.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pontiac-Firebird-Ram-Air-WS-6-Performance-package-2001-Pontiac-Firebird-Trans-Am-Convertible-Ram-Air-/320943278563?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4ab9b5c9e3
Yeah right. since buy it now was 21,500.00 I bid 17,000.00 just for ha ha's, I was shocked when it said I was high bidder!  With 6 days to go, it'll go above my 17k.  If not I guess I got me a TA.

:drive:

chargerboy69

Wow. . that sure seems like a lot of money for that car.  I sold my 2000 Trans Am convertible this spring for $8000.00.  It had 73,000 miles, but she was still very nice, and I only gave $5000.00 for the car. 

I hope you do not get stuck with it.  I love his ad on how rare and valuable the car is.  Just because it is rare does not mean it is valuable.  I have had 8-10 Trans Ams and it cracks me up how some of these guys with the newer TA's are trying to create a demand for them, but in the long run, there just is not one.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 15, 2012, 06:16:36 PM
Wow. . that sure seems like a lot of money for that car.  I sold my 2000 Trans Am convertible this spring for $8000.00.  It had 73,000 miles, but she was still very nice, and I only gave $5000.00 for the car.  

I hope you do not get stuck with it.  I love his ad on how rare and valuable the car is.  Just because it is rare does not mean it is valuable.  I have had 8-10 Trans Ams and it cracks me up how some of these guys with the newer TA's are trying to create a demand for them, but in the long run, there just is not one.
No way is a TA vert like that with ram air and 6 speed going for 8k. I've looked at 100's of these cars. 16,600.00 to me is a great price for that car. There are several over 20k with 40k on them. 12k is like having a new car. Miles is reflective to price. 73k is a lot of miles.  :Twocents:

Post some pics of the car.

chargerboy69

It did have a Ram Air hood, but not a original Ram Air car, it was also a automatic.  It was red with a new black top and white leather interior.

For a 2000 73K miles is actually low. I will look for pictures.  I bought the car to flip, and only had it a few weeks, I do not remember taking pictures of it.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

TUFCAT

That's a beautiful T/A!!  Now that you popped your 17K cherry, just hang low and bid a few minutes before the ending.  Don't bid yourself up. :-\

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 15, 2012, 05:51:47 PM
This just got listed on eBay.  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: Just what I want. There are so many out there that I'm gonna try to play it smart and not over pay. Fall is coming, times are hard, no rush.

Yeah right. since buy it now was 21,500.00 I bid 17,000.00 just for ha ha's, I was shocked when it said I was high bidder!  With 6 days to go, it'll go above my 17k.  If not I guess I got me a TA.

:drive:

Holy cow Rob,your car is not even delivered to the new buyer and you're pulling the trigger on another car,NTM,sight unseen,0 feedback seller !!!! I'd want closure on the R/T SE,deal done,new buyer happy,etc,before getting into another transaction.NTM,buy one that you can see,feel,drive,pay in person,etc.Those cars are not that rare ,I'd wait for  more of a local one will pop up.Just sayin.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 15, 2012, 07:55:41 PM
That's a beautiful T/A!!  Now that you popped your 17K cherry, just hang low and bid a few minutes before the ending.  Don't bid yourself up. :-\
Thanks buddy. Not  gonna sweat it. There are a lot out there and with fall around the corner prices should drop.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 15, 2012, 08:07:33 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 15, 2012, 05:51:47 PM

Holy cow Rob,your car is not even delivered to the new buyer and you're pulling the trigger on another car,NTM,sight unseen,0 feedback seller !!!! I'd want closure on the R/T SE,deal done,new buyer happy,etc,before getting into another transaction.NTM,buy one that you can see,feel,drive,pay in person,etc.Those cars are not that rare ,I'd wait for  more of a local one will pop up.Just sayin.
Yeah I was blown away to be high bidder when buy it now was 21.5k. Whoops.
I just talked to the owner and there are some small chips that he will take pictures of and some mark on the hood. I'm not paying that kind of money and having paint flaws with just 12k so I told him I'll retract the bid under I entered wrong amount rather than putting the ad description was incorrect.

Scaregrabber

So you commit to buy then get the facts afterward and then welch on the deal? That's why the world is effed up these days.

Sheldon

Mytur Binsdirti

This thread is like herpes. Just when you think it's gone, it comes right back.

:eek2:

Bobs69

Hahaha.  I was going to say it's quite alot of fun!  It keeps going and going!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Bobs69 on July 16, 2012, 08:18:06 PM
Hahaha.  I was going to say it's quite alot of fun!  It keeps going and going!
O.K.  
So he must mean like the 2 guys that bid my car to reserve and then after a week backed out?  Yep. If you read what I wrote I had no idea his reserve was just above his entry bid?  Then after talking to him he tells me things very important but not listed, so yeah I backed out.  No regrets.
The guy for my car is making shipping arrangements, looks good.  :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 16, 2012, 08:15:15 PM

Do you think garlic or a silver bullet would do the trick??   :scratchchin:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on July 16, 2012, 08:33:09 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 16, 2012, 08:15:15 PM

Do you think garlic or a silver bullet would do the trick??   :scratchchin:

No I think it needs to be scratched!  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Scaregrabber on July 16, 2012, 07:57:15 PM
So you commit to buy then get the facts afterward and then welch on the deal? That's why the world is effed up these days.

Sheldon

I'm starting to wonder if the laws of karma and fate are part of this story. :shruggy:  You got angry when someone else cancelled their high bid...or backed out of the deal and you did the same thing to someone else? :brickwall:  :sorry:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2012, 09:20:56 PM

Sheldon

I'm starting to wonder if the laws of karma and fate are part of this story. :shruggy:  You got angry when someone else cancelled their high bid...or backed out of the deal. :brickwall:  :sorry:

No one called me?  2 days before my auction ends they pull their " reserve met " bid.  I didn't even write them about it. At least I called him and then learned of chips and a hood mark on the paint. My right to cancel.
I listed my car 35k.  I took 32,500.00 a few weeks later. No bad karma story here. The guy with the TA has listed it 3 times. That sucks.
Yeah no one here ever retracted a bid?  O.K.

TUFCAT

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 16, 2012, 09:32:37 PM
Quote from: TUFCAT on July 16, 2012, 09:20:56 PM

Sheldon
I'm starting to wonder if the laws of karma and fate are part of this story. :shruggy:  You got angry when someone else cancelled their high bid...or backed out of the deal. :brickwall:  :sorry:
No one called me?  2 days before my auction ends they pull their " reserve met " bid.  I didn't even write them about it. At least I called him and then learned of chips and a hood mark on the paint. My right to cancel.
I listed my car 35k.  I took 32,500.00 a few weeks later. No bad karma story here.

The guy with the TA has listed it 3 times. That sucks.

Yeah no one here ever retracted a bid?  O.K.

Rob, with your drama unfolding on this thread its no wonder why Ebay SUCKS....and Mecum, RM, and Barrett-Jackson still have a huge business selling cars.  :yesnod:

69charger2002

What sucks about bid retractions is it screws up the whole auction for the seller. case in point.. I had a 79 lil red express project on ebay last week. NO RESERVE. Bids start flying.. gets up to $3500, $4500 ok fine it's worth about that. Well same guy is high bidder the whole time.. 2 days in a guy bids $6400 and the bid goes to $6500. Wow that's a little high but whatever. Stays that way for DAYS. So here we go about a day left, and guess what?? Bidder #1 only meant to put in $2100, not $21000 which he accidentally put in, which is why he was high bidder the whole time. Well, that's an understandable mistake, so when he writes to tell me about it, I'm a stand up guy, I'm like sure man you can retract your bid.  BOOM back to $4500. Well about 3 hours later i get an email from the now high bidder. and he is like hey sorry to bother you but when i bid 6400 and got outbid i found another truck amd bought it. so i need to retract my bid if you don't mind since im high bidder at 4500... I can understand that i guess. BOOM back to $2500... are you kidding? I was at $6500 on my truck, and now in less than 6 hours time, because of an innocent bid retraction, i'm at $2500. Long story short, it got a little action at the end but only sold for $3250. I had 3-4 emails that last day asking why did everyone retract their bid, worried something must have been wrong with the truck for everyone to go running. So now in essence, though not done by you intentionally, people watching that guy's trans am may have seen that it met reserve, and now a day later it has bid retractions. Maybe a bidder will still bid, or maybe they will be spooked now. Whether it's justified or not to retract your bid, not doing research BEFORE bidding( or not watching what you're doing and entering a wrong bid in my case) can screw a seller.  It is very frustrating especially in my case where i went into lots of detail, took lots of pics, and then to have the auction go down that way sucked ASS. One dumbass cost me $3250 technically. And what happens to the irresponsible ebay bidder? Not a damn thing..
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1974dodgecharger

Ebay has changed a lot since my days....I remember it was better for sellers, but now its a buyers market where a buyer backs out and no harm no fould except onto seller back in the day it was not like that.
Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 16, 2012, 10:29:52 PM
What sucks about bid retractions is it screws up the whole auction for the seller. case in point.. I had a 79 lil red express project on ebay last week. NO RESERVE. Bids start flying.. gets up to $3500, $4500 ok fine it's worth about that. Well same guy is high bidder the whole time.. 2 days in a guy bids $6400 and the bid goes to $6500. Wow that's a little high but whatever. Stays that way for DAYS. So here we go about a day left, and guess what?? Bidder #1 only meant to put in $2100, not $21000 which he accidentally put in, which is why he was high bidder the whole time. Well, that's an understandable mistake, so when he writes to tell me about it, I'm a stand up guy, I'm like sure man you can retract your bid.  BOOM back to $4500. Well about 3 hours later i get an email from the now high bidder. and he is like hey sorry to bother you but when i bid 6400 and got outbid i found another truck amd bought it. so i need to retract my bid if you don't mind since im high bidder at 4500... I can understand that i guess. BOOM back to $2500... are you kidding? I was at $6500 on my truck, and now in less than 6 hours time, because of an innocent bid retraction, i'm at $2500. Long story short, it got a little action at the end but only sold for $3250. I had 3-4 emails that last day asking why did everyone retract their bid, worried something must have been wrong with the truck for everyone to go running. So now in essence, though not done by you intentionally, people watching that guy's trans am may have seen that it met reserve, and now a day later it has bid retractions. Maybe a bidder will still bid, or maybe they will be spooked now. Whether it's justified or not to retract your bid, not doing research BEFORE bidding( or not watching what you're doing and entering a wrong bid in my case) can screw a seller.  It is very frustrating especially in my case where i went into lots of detail, took lots of pics, and then to have the auction go down that way sucked ASS. One dumbass cost me $3250 technically. And what happens to the irresponsible ebay bidder? Not a damn thing..

1969chargerrtse

Must be me, but I'm not seeing all the " drama ".  This is the first forum I ever joined and what I've learned is I could start a thread saying, Yeah guys I won the lottery and decided I'm giving it all to charity!.
And the comments would be in the range of, Oh I never would of wasted my money on lottery tickets. Charity, what a rip off, Winning the lottery is nothing, I win it all the time, Why give the money away Rob, invest it.  Hey Rob if you're giving it away, give me some.  
You guys can make "drama" out of someone just saying, good morning.

For the 4th time, bids on my car were retracted, I just sold it to one of the people that wrote me after the auction and saved on selling fees.  Let's move on folks.

chargerhunter

I see nothing wrong with retracting a bid if you find out after the fact that their was "undisclosed info" that was not listed. The thing with ebay is if it is in another state and it is more than 5K, buy a plane ticket and go look at the car. I learned the hard way on a Charger. They tell you half truth's and lead you to believe the car is more than it is, then you get there and.."oh, it's a 440 but it's also a POS late 70's truck motor that needs a rebuild. Crap like that. I don't blame you for a retract, espically if the seller was in agreement.
68 Charger R/T clone 440/4spd
converted to '69 General Lee

68 Charger 383/727