News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 05, 2012, 11:43:03 AM
Well the guy can't make it. Here's a text to me 5 mins ago.

" Flights delayed due to bad weather in Detroit
Won't make it for the return flight in time. Can't switch my shift at wrk tmrw.. Soooo
Just ate $310 bucks.
Can't make it. "

That's that for now. Not gonna worry about it. Feel bad for the lost of money though. I'm done for now.

For what it's worth, he's not kidding about Detroit.  I'm 45 minutes east from the city and we're about to lose power at work it seems.  It's nasty out there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dino on July 05, 2012, 11:44:12 AM

Won't make it for the return flight in time. Can't switch my shift at wrk tmrw.. Soooo
Just ate $310 bucks.
Can't make it. "

That's that for now. Not gonna worry about it. Feel bad for the lost of money though. I'm done for now.

For what it's worth, he's not kidding about Detroit.  I'm 45 minutes east from the city and we're about to lose power at work it seems.  It's nasty out there.

I live in Plymouth, about 20 minutes from the airport. The weather in Detroit and surrounding suburbs have been bad all morning. Several severe thunderstorms, scattered power outages, downed trees, etc,

Dino

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 05, 2012, 12:21:54 PM

Just ate $310 bucks.
Can't make it. "

For what it's worth, he's not kidding about Detroit.  I'm 45 minutes east from the city and we're about to lose power at work it seems.  It's nasty out there.

I live in Plymouth, about 20 minutes from the airport. The weather in Detroit and surrounding suburbs have been bad all morning. Several severe thunderstorms, scattered power outages, downed trees, etc,

No kidding!  We're neighbors!  I'm in Ann Arbor.  If you see a white 69 in your area, that's me.

TUFCAT

69charger2002

Just ate $310 bucks.
Can't make it. "

wow man that sucks. i have bought a 69 charger, 70 charger, and a 70 cuda since this crazy saga started! There are buyers out there!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Dino

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 05, 2012, 01:04:49 PM
Let's get together for sure!  :2thumbs:

You bet!

I'm limiting Charger use due to the high heat and humidity but I will definitely go to the Jackson road cruise next Saturday 7/14 if you're not busy.   http://www.jrcruise.org/

I don't plan on parking on any of the designated spots and if it's going to be this hot again I will limit my presence to a few runs over the boulevard and then find a cool spot, preferably close to ice cream!

What are you driving?

Look for this:

Dino

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 05, 2012, 01:06:43 PM
[

That'

wow man that sucks. i have bought a 69 charger, 70 charger, and a 70 cuda since this crazy saga started! There are buyers out there!

This is well past being a saga; it turned into drama long ago. Someone should put a lock on this thread.  :Twocents:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 06, 2012, 05:08:55 AM
[

That'

This is well past being a saga; it turned into drama long ago. Someone should put a lock on this thread.  :Twocents:

Why lock it, no one's gotten out of line that I've seen  :shruggy:

charger_fan_4ever

Seems old threads are his pet peeve or has a thing for the  :dancinglock:
lol

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Bring it to Carlisle  :Twocents: There are not any Chargers in that price range that I have seen - yet...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: AirborneSilva on July 06, 2012, 10:11:44 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 06, 2012, 05:08:55 AM
[

That'

Why lock it, no one's gotten out of line that I've seen  :shruggy:
I was wondering the same thing?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 06, 2012, 12:31:00 PM
Bring it to Carlisle  :Twocents: There are not any Chargers in that price range that I have seen - yet...
Thanks.  I'm thinking about just letting it sit and go through some old emails.  I got a few tonight asking, but I'm sticking to my 35k.  I did offer to pay for shipping up to a grand for people far away.  One person asked if I would bring it to a garage.  I said no, I'm done running around for no sales, but you're welcome to send someone to my house.  He read all 43 pages of my restoration thread.  That thread says it all.  The floors are solid and it runs great.  No rust on the inner panels so an outside view will be fine. I don't have to sell it, so if it goes, great.  If not, fine.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 05, 2012, 12:21:54 PM

Just ate $310 bucks.
Can't make it. "

YEAH, I live in Detroit too & My power has been out for 4 days since 4th of July. Just now got turned back on. If Buyer is in Detroit he can come look at my car :scratchchin: :rofl:

P.S. Tuffcat, e-mail me about your cars progress :shruggy:

paironines

I wouldn't take it to a garage for a buyer either.  I had the same question when I sold mine. What are they going to do? Hook it it up to the diagnostic equip? Nope.   True they have a lift but thats a comfort issue. A floor jack, jack stands works just as well to show condition. I had a gentleman a few months ago take several pics of the underside of the car and it gave me a solid idea of the condition of the car. Its that easy.

1969chargerrtse

Took payment today of 32,500.00 from someone in WI, so my Charger has a new home. He loved what he saw and appreciated all the hard work I put into it.  I could of re listed it on eBay for the 35k I would of liked, but instead I worked it out with a guy that has been asking me about it since I first posted it.  Things like paper work and numbers didn't mean anything to him.  He liked what he saw. That's all folks.  I have no idea what I want? Not sure If I want a TA? I've also been thinking about a red Saturn Sky redline turbo, I love those cars.

bakerhillpins

Well, I suppose that's good news Rob.  :2thumbs:   At least all the nonsense is over.  I assume the buyer is a member?

I hope you find a new toy soon.  :cheers:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 13, 2012, 05:27:26 PM
Well, I suppose that's good news Rob.  :2thumbs:   At least all the nonsense is over.  I assume the buyer is a member?

Yeah I'm happy to move on. It's been fun, but change is in the air. I don't think he does forums, we never talked about forums.

cdr

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 13, 2012, 06:01:09 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 13, 2012, 05:27:26 PM

Yeah I'm happy to move on. It's been fun, but change is in the air. I don't think he does forums, we never talked about forums.
well ,tell him about us :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi-hampton

Mytur Binsdirti

myk

TUFCAT

I'd love to own a red Saturn Sky Redline Turbo!  Nice car.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on July 13, 2012, 08:55:04 PM
I'd love to own a red Saturn Sky Redline Turbo!  Nice car.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Yeah they are cool.  :coolgleamA:

crankypat

if i can ask..... where in city in  wi  did your car go? :popcrn: :popcrn: