News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I doubt he'll find a better car for the price. As said earlier keep your chin up, something will work out.

I sold an 84 T bird for $700 firm. The guys who looked at first left with a major shitty on because I wouldn't take $650 cash for it. I knew they were going to look at other cars. Later that day they rang up with their tails between their legs wanting it. I had the pleasure of telling them that it had already sold. I still haven't found one as nice though :'(

Regardless some people need come back to earth. The fact you stated that the car didn't have have the fender tag and that wasnt a concern of their's but the tiny things they pointed out were, wtf.

Almost every car you buy needs a little things here and there. You should have looked at the T/A and picked it to pieces and made him feel like shit.

If it means anything to you I'd rather of bought your car instead of the one I bought.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: myk on June 23, 2012, 10:00:33 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 23, 2012, 09:52:41 PM
The new Challengers are the same way.

Oh wow, really?  Well I think it's even worse with the GM products because they CHARGED more for the WS6/Ram-air and the SS packages when in fact all buyers got was a hood, wheels and badges package, as the ram-air didn't actually work; the alleged increase of 25 horsepower was B.S., as all LS1 cars, including the Corvette had about 350 bhp at the flywheel.  Dyno tests on WS6/SS cars vs. regular Camaro's and F-birds showed that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE in power between the trim levels.

'OP, I recommend checking out and joining LS1tech.com: http://ls1tech.com/forums/index.php  There's a wealth of technical information on that site...

Just curious, did those tests actually force air into the induction system?   I know I know, ram air is really a gimmick and worth maybe 5-10 HP max, but I'm a nerd and like the empirical data :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2012, 10:01:38 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2012, 09:34:19 PM
I thought left rear was kinda vague, left rear could mean lots of things? LEON.
Sorry was a little stressed when writing.

Take a deep breath, relax.  For some reason when I read that I pictured it getting rear ended hard in the left rear & then whole left rear replaced like left rear frame rail,  extension, trunk, 1/4, ect. Sorry, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. LEON.
I think rushing my writing would be better than stressing.  Got ya.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 30, 2012, 03:47:10 AM

Oh wow, really?  Well I think it's even worse with the GM products because they CHARGED more for the WS6/Ram-air and the SS packages when in fact all buyers got was a hood, wheels and badges package, as the ram-air didn't actually work; the alleged increase of 25 horsepower was B.S., as all LS1 cars, including the Corvette had about 350 bhp at the flywheel.  Dyno tests on WS6/SS cars vs. regular Camaro's and F-birds showed that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE in power between the trim levels.

'OP, I recommend checking out and joining LS1tech.com: http://ls1tech.com/forums/index.php  There's a wealth of technical information on that site...

Just curious, did those tests actually force air into the induction system?   I know I know, ram air is really a gimmick and worth maybe 5-10 HP max, but I'm a nerd and like the empirical data :)
My favorite do nothing hood would be the 68 RR.  Those vents probably drafted air out of the air box rather than forced air in.  Mopar must of known this because then they also had the 69 Superbee/RR hood that sat way way up high.  I Think with today's injection and sensors etc.... The ram Air thing is kinda fluff, but cool as all get out looking.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 29, 2012, 09:11:42 PM
I'm not jumping to any conclusions...but maybe this guy from Ohio was a flipper/trader and that's why he happened to have the T/A you wanted?  Just a thought.  Regardless, he should've had all his ducks in a row before sending his car and money to you... I can't think of anyone willing to spend 35K without looking at a car first, or have someone else do it on behalf of the seller. :shruggy:  

actually I have in the past, 'twice' now and they both turned out exactly what I wnated them to. Then again im not a picky buyer when I buy a car I have expectations that
-it will have some little dings I mean little not golf ball size
-and we negotiate on price
-it runs
-no mechanical issues
-honest feedback from owner

so im 2 for 2 on buying cars sight unseen and they worked out perfectly.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 07:35:44 PMI lost over 5k by refusing 2, 40k offers, 3 35k offers, now I'm re listing it.

That's interesting, but until money trades hands, you really didn't lose anything. It's all speculation  :Twocents: All the others could have shown up and offered less, true?

Good luck with the sale  :cheers:

69 OUR/TEA

Rule of thumb selling a car,your first offer is usually your best !!!!! If you EVER get someone standing in front of you that is in person and inspected the car and knows exactly what he is buying,and offers you anything close to 35k,jump on it!Even if the auction is running,end it,and get a sizable no refund deposit from him/her for your possible aggravation if they back out and have to relist.
Even though you have a good explanation of what went down during the last auction,you may have gave unstable feelings to those who were serious and wanted the car.Now they see it up again and probably think you would do the same thing,they don't know you from anyone else,just as you are cautious about ebay scams,so are alot of other people.
You have to expect those to come see it to pick it apart as they are the ones poss dropping some big coin,it's hard to earn/save up that kind of cash to spend,especially on a fair weather toy.The best thing for you to do is be as honest about it as possible,describing every possible area that you might think someone is going to stare at during an inspection.When I have sold stuff in the past,I tend to overdescribe so when the buyer sees/gets it they are more than happy with the transaction.
I honestly hate selling stuff ,cars or parts.No matter what the price is,most have to just feel they got one more edge before they buy.I have a friend who is like that,and I yell at him all the time,if there was a part for sale that cost $100 new and the seller wants $50,he has to offer $45 !!!!But if the guy wanted $40,he'd offer $35 !!!! aggravates the carp out of me.
We all want the best bang for our buck,but when you see an absolutely fair price ,and you know you can't get it cheaper or find another,just pay the guy !!!!!
So what I'm saying is the next batch of people that do come and see the car,fully expect it and don't be suprised,but if you do get one that is the guy to take the car,cater to him,trust me !!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 30, 2012, 08:04:31 AM
Rule of thumb selling a car,your first offer is usually your best !!!!! If you EVER get someone standing in front of you that is in person and inspected the car and knows exactly what he is buying,and offers you anything close to 35k,jump on it!Even if the auction is running,end it,and get a sizable no refund deposit from him/her for your possible aggravation if they back out and have to relist.
Even though you have a good explanation of what went down during the last auction,you may have gave unstable feelings to those who were serious and wanted the car.Now they see it up again and probably think you would do the same thing,they don't know you from anyone else,just as you are cautious about ebay scams,so are alot of other people.
You have to expect those to come see it to pick it apart as they are the ones poss dropping some big coin,it's hard to earn/save up that kind of cash to spend,especially on a fair weather toy.The best thing for you to do is be as honest about it as possible,describing every possible area that you might think someone is going to stare at during an inspection.When I have sold stuff in the past,I tend to overdescribe so when the buyer sees/gets it they are more than happy with the transaction.
I honestly hate selling stuff ,cars or parts.No matter what the price is,most have to just feel they got one more edge before they buy.I have a friend who is like that,and I yell at him all the time,if there was a part for sale that cost $100 new and the seller wants $50,he has to offer $45 !!!!But if the guy wanted $40,he'd offer $35 !!!! aggravates the carp out of me.
We all want the best bang for our buck,but when you see an absolutely fair price ,and you know you can't get it cheaper or find another,just pay the guy !!!!!
So what I'm saying is the next batch of people that do come and see the car,fully expect it and don't be suprised,but if you do get one that is the guy to take the car,cater to him,trust me !!!!
Agree, but what get's me is how the guy I bought it from told me little to nothing, and the engine blew up.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 30, 2012, 06:45:40 AM
Quote from: TUFCAT on June 29, 2012, 09:11:42 PM
I'm not jumping to any conclusions...but maybe this guy from Ohio was a flipper/trader and that's why he happened to have the T/A you wanted?  Just a thought.  Regardless, he should've had all his ducks in a row before sending his car and money to you... I can't think of anyone willing to spend 35K without looking at a car first, or have someone else do it on behalf of the seller. :shruggy:  

actually I have in the past, 'twice' now and they both turned out exactly what I wnated them to. Then again im not a picky buyer when I buy a car I have expectations that
-it will have some little dings I mean little not golf ball size
-and we negotiate on price
-it runs
-no mechanical issues
-honest feedback from owner

My vette was site unseen and he loved it, and I sold a bike 3 months ago site unseen and he loved.  It goes both ways.

Just got a call while typing this that if the reserve isn't met he will fly out and look at it, and if it's as listed he has no problem with the 35K.  So we are looking o.k.  He wants a nice looking driver.  This is 100% that car, reliable and ready to go.  

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on June 30, 2012, 06:57:45 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 07:35:44 PMI lost over 5k by refusing 2, 40k offers, 3 35k offers, now I'm re listing it.

That's interesting, but until money trades hands, you really didn't lose anything. It's all speculation  :Twocents: All the others could have shown up and offered less, true?

Yes, true.   I always said if I get my 35k I'll be o.k.  To me that's fair value even though I lose 10K.  My friend had a 110K in his Hemin Daytona.  He sold it on eBay for 85K  2 years later in 2006ish they were bringing near or over 300k in that shape.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 30, 2012, 09:37:13 AM

Yes, true.   I always said if I get my 35k I'll be o.k.  To me that's fair value even though I lose 10K.  My friend had a 110K in his Hemin Daytona.  He sold it on eBay for 85K  2 years later in 2006ish they were bringing near or over 300k in that shape.

still speculating on your part remember what we all said, 'just cause it sold on ebay does not mean it exhanged cash' Just put it back on ebay and see if the potential buyers come back to it. If they want it they will if not oh well keep the charger its still better than what you wanted in my opinion.

So much more potential on the charger:
-fuel injected
-blower
-etc...

thats more fun sometimes than actually buying one already built up.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 30, 2012, 09:47:44 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 30, 2012, 09:37:13 AM

still speculating on your part remember what we all said, 'just cause it sold on ebay does not mean it exhanged cash' Just put it back on ebay and see if the potential buyers come back to it. If they want it they will if not oh well keep the charger its still better than what you wanted in my opinion.

So much more potential on the charger:
-fuel injected
-blower
-etc...

thats more fun sometimes than actually buying one already built up.
It is on.  Ends sunday eve.  I have a few waiting until it's over to see what I'll take? I haven't even listed it locally yet.

myk

That's like playing Russian Roulette during your stay at the whore house where you forgot to pack condoms for the weekend...

cdr

Quote from: myk on June 30, 2012, 10:27:00 AM

That's like playing Russian Roulette during your stay at the whore house where you forgot to pack condoms for the weekend...

:lol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :brickwall: :brickwall: :smilielol: :slap:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi-hampton

If you always remain pessimistic you'll never get dissappointed :rofl:

myk

cdr

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 30, 2012, 06:16:53 AM
Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 30, 2012, 03:47:10 AM

'OP, I recommend checking out and joining LS1tech.com: http://ls1tech.com/forums/index.php  There's a wealth of technical information on that site...

Just curious, did those tests actually force air into the induction system?   I know I know, ram air is really a gimmick and worth maybe 5-10 HP max, but I'm a nerd and like the empirical data :)
My favorite do nothing hood would be the 68 RR.  Those vents probably drafted air out of the air box rather than forced air in.  Mopar must of known this because then they also had the 69 Superbee hood that sat way way up high.  I Think with today's injection and sensors etc.... The ram Air thing is kinda fluff, but cool as all get out looking.
ITS MORE ABOUT getting cold air to the air intake,& that will make MORE hp
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Never get excited till you see the green in your hand  :2thumbs:  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1974dodgecharger

I did that too in Amsterdam on a business trip...Ever heard of the red light district? Cost me roughly 500 bucks for an hour or so.....then again I got to see the girls in the window that was not bad at all.

BTW: is that your new car in the pics that got fixed up? HOLY SNIKES its NIGHT and DAY difference  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 30, 2012, 04:16:14 PM

I did that too in Amsterdam on a business trip...Ever heard of the red light district? Cost me roughly 500 bucks for an hour or so.....then again I got to see the girls in the window that was not bad at all.

BTW: is that your new car in the pics that got fixed up? HOLY SNIKES its NIGHT and DAY difference  :cheers:
Not to be a boner shrinker. But some of those girls are not there on their free will and that is just not right.

Vainglory, Esq.

Quote from: Cooter on June 29, 2012, 08:25:00 PM
Rob, been a round or two with 'ya in the past, but from what I have went through on Ebay with my own "so-so" car, Sounds ALOT like "Buyer remorse" to me....That being said, ask what you want for it and the hell with the "Wannabees". They are all alike. Think these cars are on every street corner like it's 1970 again.

Had one guy look at my car in person. I stated everything about the car as I built the damn thing and he agreed for the price, he couldn't find another that appeared to look as good. until it came time to buy the car. Then, out comes the little snide remarks about this and that. Buyers remorse is the term I used to his face. He looked shocked that I'd call him out, but I simply told him I understand. You told a couple buddies to look at the car and from the pics they musta told you it "was a "Roach" at that price and you could certainly do better" Right? And now it comes to the money and you don't want to pay out knowing your buddies are gonna think you are some kinda "fool" for paying what they term as "too much" for a "Roach" of a car Correct?

He just looked down at the ground. I knew right then...
Twas only then, I asked him just make sure the next time one of your "buddies" that has the "perfection" car and "Only" paid "X" amount for it, you point out all of it's flaws and tell them how much of a "Fool" they were.  

Sure, who wouldn't want to buy a car for a cheap price that Even Galen Govier himself couldn't complain about, but it simply isn't gonna happen. People think that Money is perfection and if they spend one dime of their perfection, they need fifty dimes of perfection in return....I tell 'em, good luck with that...

What pisses me off the worst is I'll see these types here at a local show with their "New Perfectionist" ride and it looks like sh*t from jumpstreet. I ask them, "Damn man, mine looked alot better than this heap!" and walk away.

Well crap. I agree with Cooter.

I'm going to sign off for tonight, and possibly hit the sauce...

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 30, 2012, 07:46:46 PM

Not to be a boner shrinker. But some of those girls are not there on their free will and that is just not right.

I take it you been to red light district? You attacking my women like how you been attacked on your car now...tsk tsk....

You still have a super nice car bro thats why this is 20 plus pages actually telling you not to sell it since its such a badass car period man....dont sell it unless you plan to buy a home.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 30, 2012, 08:21:07 PM

I take it you been to red light district? You attacking my women like how you been attacked on your car now...tsk tsk....

You still have a super nice car bro thats why this is 20 plus pages actually telling you not to sell it since its such a badass car period man....dont sell it unless you plan to buy a home.
No, never been there.  I saw one of those 20/20 type shows where they talked about normal working women being taken away from their families and working in areas like that.  Not sure how true it is, but it was heart breaking.

Yeah long thread here.  :2thumbs:

charger_fan_4ever

Cooter nailed it pretty good. I had a super nice 91 mustang coupe for sale last fall. A local teen and his dad came to look at it. I'm sure the two together could not check the headlight fluid level if you get what i mean lol. Looked over my car all original panels no rust or patches real 5l car. Talked about coming back in the spring and i said well just so you know if it does not sell before Xmas i planned on repainting it in base clear as the clear on the bumpers was flaking. I said the car won't be the same price come spring. In my mind if it didn't sell and i kept it i wanted a mint paint job i wasn't going to wait around on painting it to find out they bugger off in the spring and i'm left with it not sold and same older paint job. I said think it over for a week or so if you want it put $500 down on it and pay the balance in the spring i'll store it and won't touch it. Needless to say i never heard anything, but saw the kid a couple weeks ago with a notch back but in different color. Looked well used yellowed headlights ran like crap ect. He said ya picked it up for $6000. (same price i had on my car) Kid said ya its pretty good shape we just put floor pans in it. LOL so ya like cooter said you usually see these types buying something 1/2 as nice for as much or more $$ for a turd. Makes me laugh.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 30, 2012, 08:54:27 PM
Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 30, 2012, 08:21:07 PM

No, never been there.  I saw one of those 20/20 type shows where they talked about normal working women being taken away from their families and working in areas like that.  Not sure how true it is, but it was heart breaking.

Yeah long thread here.  :2thumbs:

NICE CHARGER and even a NICER gentleman...... :2thumbs: