News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TUFCAT

Quote from: Dino on June 29, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
I'm very sorry to hear Rob, I really am.  It'll work out in the end, don't worry.

I'm with Dino. Good luck with the sale.

cdr

i know this dont help,and i am nobody to you,but i admire you posting on here what happened ,especially cause of the nay sayers on here,keep you chin up & it will all work out,,charlie keel
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 29, 2012, 07:40:53 PM
I'm very sorry to hear Rob, I really am.  It'll work out in the end, don't worry.
Yeah thanks, just felt real bad not saying what happened.  I was just shocked.  I'm normally the high caliper guy.  It happens.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: cdr on June 29, 2012, 07:58:38 PM
i know this dont help,and i am nobody to you,but i admire you posting on here what happened ,especially cause of the nay sayers on here,keep you chin up & it will all work out,,charlie keel
:2thumbs:  Really appreciate that.  Just needed time.  But I never forgot I needed to explain it. After the fights etc........ I just needed a break.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi-hampton

Like I just said in another post, Opinions & Expectations vary greatly. Can't keep everybody happy all the time. Good luck. LEON.

StoneCold

moparstuart

oviously if this guy is this picky and critical he should have come seen the car inperson before shipping car and money not your fault at all
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Fred

Quote from: StoneCold on June 29, 2012, 08:08:19 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 07:35:44 PMThis picture is from tonight, look o.k to you?

:icon_smile_cool: :2thumbs: :cheers:

Looks just beautiful and you weren't asking rotisserie price. I don't know what people expect. Too much obviously.
They want it all for as little money as possible. I say to them...........in your dreams.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Cooter

Rob, been a round or two with 'ya in the past, but from what I have went through on Ebay with my own "so-so" car, Sounds ALOT like "Buyer remorse" to me....That being said, ask what you want for it and the hell with the "Wannabees". They are all alike. Think these cars are on every street corner like it's 1970 again.

Had one guy look at my car in person. I stated everything about the car as I built the damn thing and he agreed for the price, he couldn't find another that appeared to look as good. until it came time to buy the car. Then, out comes the little snide remarks about this and that. Buyers remorse is the term I used to his face. He looked shocked that I'd call him out, but I simply told him I understand. You told a couple buddies to look at the car and from the pics they musta told you it "was a "Roach" at that price and you could certainly do better" Right? And now it comes to the money and you don't want to pay out knowing your buddies are gonna think you are some kinda "fool" for paying what they term as "too much" for a "Roach" of a car Correct?

He just looked down at the ground. I knew right then...
Twas only then, I asked him just make sure the next time one of your "buddies" that has the "perfection" car and "Only" paid "X" amount for it, you point out all of it's flaws and tell them how much of a "Fool" they were.  

Sure, who wouldn't want to buy a car for a cheap price that Even Galen Govier himself couldn't complain about, but it simply isn't gonna happen. People think that Money is perfection and if they spend one dime of their perfection, they need fifty dimes of perfection in return....I tell 'em, good luck with that...

What pisses me off the worst is I'll see these types here at a local show with their "New Perfectionist" ride and it looks like sh*t from jumpstreet. I ask them, "Damn man, mine looked alot better than this heap!" and walk away.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

hemi-hampton

You say Left rear may of been replaced. What exactly is that? LEON.

resq302

Quote from: moparstuart on June 29, 2012, 08:19:47 PM
oviously if this guy is this picky and critical he should have come seen the car inperson before shipping car and money not your fault at all

I couldn't agree more!  Its always been buyers beware.  How dare he try and recoup some of his money because of him not thoroughly reading your description or having someone check it out in person.  I fail to see how this was your fault by any means.  One persons description of something can vary from someone elses which is why people should always get multiple shots and check out the car themselves or have someone else check out the car in person for them.  That is what we did with our chally vert.  Im not trying to say that you are a shady person at all but there are people out there who are like that.  Bondo the thing up and give it a nice new paint job and it looks all nice and pretty only to have a turd underneath!

I am glad that you did post what actually happened as I was wondering since it all became quiet too fast.  Nothing wrong with posting the truth.  So did you have to ship your car out to him which is where he saw it or was it the guy who came to pick up the car's opinion on how it looked?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

NHCharger

:iagree: :iagree: Buyer should have looked at it in person. I'd tell him he's lucky you didn't keep some of the money for "pain and suffering".

BTW. When Bryan (Bakerhillpins) and I met you when we picked up his 69 I thought your Charger was pretty sweet.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

TUFCAT

I'm not jumping to any conclusions...but maybe this guy from Ohio was a flipper/trader and that's why he happened to have the T/A you wanted?  Just a thought.  Regardless, he should've had all his ducks in a row before sending his car and money to you... I can't think of anyone willing to spend 35K without looking at a car first, or have someone else do it on behalf of the seller. :shruggy:  

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: resq302 on June 29, 2012, 08:46:00 PM
obviously if this guy is this picky and critical he should have come seen the car in person before shipping car and money not your fault at all

I couldn't agree more! Its always been buyers beware. How dare he try and recoup some of his money because of him not thoroughly reading your description or having someone check it out in person.  I fail to see how this was your fault by any means. One persons description of something can vary from someone Else's which is why people should always get multiple shots and check out the car themselves or have someone else check out the car in person for them. That is what we did with our chally vert.  Im not trying to say that you are a shady person at all but there are people out there who are like that.  Bondo the thing up and give it a nice new paint job and it looks all nice and pretty only to have a turd underneath!

I am glad that you did post what actually happened as I was wondering since it all became quiet too fast. Nothing wrong with posting the truth. So did you have to ship your car out to him which is where he saw it or was it the guy who came to pick up the car's opinion on how it looked?
A long term close friend of his came out.  He was nice and made some good points, but I didn't know my left rear 1/4 was ever replaced?  So stuff like that was just a no no.  On the leading edge of my front fender just before the headlamp is a little paint or clear build up.  That was bondo to him.  What?  There's a factory seem there where the metal is creased.  No bondo?   The pin holes in the trunk pan.  Instead of replacing the pan I had it skim coated where needed.  That was terrible.  Whatever. I didn't want a repro two piece if I didn't have to.
I have new people asking, we'll see?   I got past the shock.  Just wanted to share it with you.  Sorry I held back.

They came down with the TA and looked at my car, and said it just wasn't good enough.  O.K.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NHCharger on June 29, 2012, 08:54:40 PM
obviously if this guy is this picky and critical he should have come seen the car in person before shipping car and money not your fault at all

:agree: :iagree: Buyer should have looked at it in person. I'd tell him he's lucky you didn't keep some of the money for "pain and suffering".

BTW. When Bryan (Bakerhillpins) and I met you when we picked up his 69 I thought your Charger was pretty sweet.
Funny you said that.  I was reading about the red R/T SE that was on ebay that closed.  2,000.00 NON REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 29, 2012, 09:11:42 PM
I'm not jumping to any conclusions...but maybe this guy from Ohio was a flipper/trader and that's why he happened to have the T/A you wanted?  Just a thought.  Regardless, he should've had all his ducks in a row before sending his car and money to you... I can't think of anyone willing to spend 35K without looking at a car first, or have someone else do it on their behalf. :shruggy:  

No, he was straight up.  Nice guy that is just a perfectionist.  His buddy said the buyer in Ohio is even worst than him.  Fine, go spend 50+  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
You say Left rear may of been replaced. What exactly is that? LEON.
Kidding, right?  The left rear 1/4.  My original ad states all panels are original. 

hemi-hampton

I thought left rear was kinda vague, left rear could mean lots of things? LEON.

Indygenerallee

I hate guy's like that extreme time waste IMO, I have my 72 Dart Swinger listed and it is a rust free Arizona car, nice solid driver, paint is not perfect but for a driver and 12 footer it's perfect!!! I have told people all that before they come and look at it and then they pick it to pieces!!!  :shruggy: :brickwall: Nothing pisses me off more than people that waste my time after I have truthfully told all the flaws! Told the one guy $6500.00, I told him he needs to go look at a $25,000 Dart if he is looking for PERFECT... You will sell the 69, It's a beautiful car!! I wish I had a ton o' cash and I would buy it!!!!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

resq302

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 09:23:42 PM

I couldn't agree more! Its always been buyers beware. How dare he try and recoup some of his money because of him not thoroughly reading your description or having someone check it out in person.  I fail to see how this was your fault by any means. One persons description of something can vary from someone Else's which is why people should always get multiple shots and check out the car themselves or have someone else check out the car in person for them. That is what we did with our chally vert.  Im not trying to say that you are a shady person at all but there are people out there who are like that.  Bondo the thing up and give it a nice new paint job and it looks all nice and pretty only to have a turd underneath!

I am glad that you did post what actually happened as I was wondering since it all became quiet too fast. Nothing wrong with posting the truth. So did you have to ship your car out to him which is where he saw it or was it the guy who came to pick up the car's opinion on how it looked?
A long term close friend of his came out.  He was nice and made some good points, but I didn't know my left rear 1/4 was ever replaced?  So stuff like that was just a no no.  On the leading edge of my front fender just before the headlamp is a little paint or clear build up.  That was bondo to him.  What?  There's a factory seem there where the metal is creased.  No bondo?   The pin holes in the trunk pan.  Instead of replacing the pan I had it skim coated where needed.  That was terrible.  Whatever. I didn't want a repro two piece if I didn't have to.
I have new people asking, we'll see?   I got past the shock.  Just wanted to share it with you.  Sorry I held back.

They came down with the TA and looked at my car, and said it just wasn't good enough.  O.K.

I defy any car NOT to have the slightest bit of bondo with the exception of an original unrestored car.  Lets face it, the majority of the sheet metal (even NOS panels) can have waves or imperfections which people would want to fix and get straight.  As much as you want, you are probably going to have to even use a skim coat of filler in order to get it perfectly straight.  IF they really knew what they were looking at they would have had a magnet with the mil gauge which would have told them if and where the bondo was.

Again, if you posted in the ebay article that they were original panels and you did not know, ok, so mistakes happen.  But I also doubt anyone would have replaced the trunk floor because of a few pin holes instead of just putting a skim coat of bondo across it.

Sounds like this guy just wanted an original sheet metal car that had a rotisary resto done to museum quality that was being sold for next to nothing for what a car of that caliber would have actually cost.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2012, 09:34:19 PM
Sorry was a little stressed when writing.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: resq302 on June 29, 2012, 09:49:23 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 09:23:42 PM

I defy any car NOT to have the slightest bit of bondo with the exception of an original unrestored car.  Lets face it, the majority of the sheet metal (even NOS panels) can have waves or imperfections which people would want to fix and get straight.  As much as you want, you are probably going to have to even use a skim coat of filler in order to get it perfectly straight.  IF they really knew what they were looking at they would have had a magnet with the mil gauge which would have told them if and where the bondo was.

Again, if you posted in the ebay article that they were original panels and you did not know, ok, so mistakes happen.  But I also doubt anyone would have replaced the trunk floor because of a few pin holes instead of just putting a skim coat of bondo across it.

Sounds like this guy just wanted an original sheet metal car that had a rotisary resto done to museum quality that was being sold for next to nothing for what a car of that caliber would have actually cost.
Yes, you be right on that.  Go to the completed auctions and buy the red R/T SE for around 75k then Mr Ohio.

hemi-hampton

"Sounds like this guy just wanted an original sheet metal car that had a rotisary resto done to museum quality that was being sold for next to nothing for what a car of that caliber would have actually cost".

Isn't that what everybody wants.

hemi-hampton

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 29, 2012, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2012, 09:34:19 PM
Sorry was a little stressed when writing.

Take a deep breath, relax.  For some reason when I read that I pictured it getting rear ended hard in the left rear & then whole left rear replaced like left rear frame rail,  extension, trunk, 1/4, ect. Sorry, I jumped to the wrong conclusion. LEON.

resq302

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 29, 2012, 09:58:13 PM
"Sounds like this guy just wanted an original sheet metal car that had a rotisary resto done to museum quality that was being sold for next to nothing for what a car of that caliber would have actually cost".

Isn't that what everybody wants.

Of course, but then reality sets in and I am out of Mopar-world and back on planet earth!  :smilielol:
Brian