News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 24, 2012, 10:11:53 AM
I just found out my Regal is 1 of 38 to !!!! Hope you get there before me,I'm going for that plate on tues when DMV opens !!!! :D
Wise guy. Go for it. Not that important to me. There are many plates I could think of. Another Mopar guy with a GM. Wow.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: tan top on June 24, 2012, 08:35:32 AM
:2thumbs:  nice car Rob  :drool5:   ,  :2thumbs:  would love a hard top vesion   :yesnod:

:cheers:
Thanks buddy.  :cheers:  Gonna miss hearing from you.  No no, no hard top for me  :rotz: .  Always had a vert since I was 16.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Why "gonna miss?" No reason to leave  :slap:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 24, 2012, 11:04:29 AM
:2thumbs:  nice car Rob  :drool5:   ,  :2thumbs:  would love a hard top vesion   :yesnod:

Thanks buddy.  :cheers:  Gonna miss hearing from you.  No no, no hard top for me  :rotz: .  Always had a vert since I was 16.

With the exception of the coolest car youve ever had!! The Charger!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 440 on June 24, 2012, 11:09:30 AM
Why "gonna miss?" No reason to leave  :slap:
Thanks.  I would like to help anyone I could, and I'm used to being here,sooooooooooooooooooooo. O.K  :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 24, 2012, 11:20:43 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 24, 2012, 11:04:29 AM

With the exception of the coolest car you've ever had!! The Charger!
Yeah that was the thing, I gave up a vert for the Charger and with no regrets, but time to down scale the fleet and put some cash in the house.

1970chargerrt

I've been thinking about putting my car on ebay.  I've bought a few small items on ebay but have never sold anything, let alone a car.  I've got a few questions for you guys that have done it.  How did you handle payment?  I'm assuming you had the money electronically transferred to your account before you let the shipper take the car?  Can you do a $20,000+ payment with paypal?  How did you handle the title?  After you confirmed you had the money did you just sign it and mail it to the new owner?  I would really like to just sell to someone local but I live in a kind of remote area so the chances of finding someone within driving range that is interested in my car is probably not that great.  Any other ebay car selling tips are appreciated.

Bobs69

If I were to sell my car I would want it gone out of town!  I wouldn't want to see it again, or hear about it!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 23, 2012, 06:29:15 AM
I went to this site.  You put your VIN in and it'll give you all the options about your car, then towards the bottom of the page you can slide your options over to another box and It'll tell you how many cars were made like yours.  I got my TA down to 1 of 38 with the same options.  Thw window sticker he sent show's that thing cost 37,300.00 new.  There's a huge drop in value.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2G2FV32G622155388&x=30&y=5

That site is interesting, but can also be hit-or-miss, as it takes some trim or emissions codes and factors. So there could really be more cars like that one, just with federal emissions vs. NE emissions. But still cool, nonetheless.

1970chargerrt

That would probably be an advantage but I just don't like a lot of hassles selling things, especially big items.  I just list them at the lowest I will sell for and put a firm after the price.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1970chargerrt on June 24, 2012, 12:41:58 PM
I've been thinking about putting my car on ebay.  I've bought a few small items on ebay but have never sold anything, let alone a car.  I've got a few questions for you guys that have done it.  How did you handle payment?  I'm assuming you had the money electronically transferred to your account before you let the shipper take the car?  Can you do a $20,000+ payment with paypal?  How did you handle the title?  After you confirmed you had the money did you just sign it and mail it to the new owner?  I would really like to just sell to someone local but I live in a kind of remote area so the chances of finding someone within driving range that is interested in my car is probably not that great.  Any other ebay car selling tips are appreciated.
First have them pay pal you a deposit, do not pay pal the whole thing.  My friend said he paid 600.00 in fees.  Overnight paper work or certified check etc.  Electronic deposit  is great.  I always use eBay, even if you get bids coming and going like I did, you'll may get lots of emails to close the auction.  There's that option and you skip selling %  Just put that you have the right to close auction early if it sells local.  I told everyone I wouldn't close early, and then my 2 high bidders ran away at the same time I got an offer above reserve so I took it, and got the car is was looking for.
Using eBay means millions of people around the world are seeing your car.  Can't beat that.

1969chargerrtse

I'm going on eBay to list my Gold Wing tonight.  This is the forth and last time I took off with the side kick stand down.  I almost got killed!  :brickwall:  I'm to stupid to ride anymore and with all the A holes on the phone and texting I wasn't feeling safe anyway.

1970chargerrt

What is the advantage of setting a reserve versus starting the auction at the lowest amount you will take for the car?  I always thought it was more straight forward to just start the auction at the minimum you will sell for and go from there but there must be some advantage to starting at 0 and setting a reserve since most people seem to do it that way.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1970chargerrt on June 24, 2012, 04:28:20 PM
What is the advantage of setting a reserve versus starting the auction at the lowest amount you will take for the car?  I always thought it was more straight forward to just start the auction at the minimum you will sell for and go from there but there must be some advantage to starting at 0 and setting a reserve since most people seem to do it that way.
I started my car at 200.00. The most important part is the reserve. You can also add buy it now. I understand your logic but people like to see It low and bid up. Got me why?

1969chargerrtse

charger_fan_4ever

Was the T/A suppose to show up today ?

Ghoste

Starting at the lowest amount you would take for the car kind of defeats the purpose of holding an auction.  The idea of the auction is to find out the most someone else will pay for the car not to tell them what the least is you would expect.
I understand what you were trying to say but it is what it is I guess.

resq302

Yeh, monday was the delivery  date.  I wonder what happened?   :rotz:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1974dodgecharger

I was thinking: is the value of the charger going to stay consistent in value over time vs your new car now?

1970chargerrt

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 25, 2012, 09:10:34 PM
I was thinking: is the value of the charger going to stay consistent in value over time vs your new car now?

My theory is that in general the current price on 60's collector cars will remain about flat for a long time, meaning the inflation adjusted price will go down.

greenpigs

I understand the getting what you want and all, some may not understand selling the Charger but as long as YOUR happy whats it matter?  :shruggy:

No need to abandon the site like so many others have..ownership was never needed here.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Fred

Quote from: greenpigs on June 25, 2012, 10:28:42 PM
I understand the getting what you want and all, some may not understand selling the Charger but as long as YOUR happy whats it matter?  :shruggy:

No need to abandon the site like so many others have..ownership was never needed here.

I second that.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 26, 2012, 07:57:34 AM
Pics of new car??
No pics. As many thought it didn't happen. There was an issue with the TA and the deal folded. I promised to leave it at that. I may relist for 3 or 5 days. If it happens again I'll just keep it. I had so many emails I don't know where to start? So relist or keep our my options. No more links to the car. This stuff makes me to uncomfortable.  To many opinions etc to digest.  I'm going old school.  Car for sale. End of story.  
PS. I'm kinda glad because I didn't want a black car anyway and Paul was right a 4k car was not the best way to go.

The Charger gods are looking out for you  :slap: