News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: dads_69 on June 23, 2012, 01:08:32 PM
Glad you 'finally' sold your car and got what you wanted afterall the crap that has been discussed about it & other things past week & a half. Thought for sure this thread would be closed by now. Enjoy you're new ride.
Yeah amazing week.  But it worked out better than I could ever expect.  Can't wait until he gets mine and says's it's fine.  Then I'll relax and open that TA up.

:drive:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

TUFCAT

What year is your T/A? I really love it! 

myk

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 23, 2012, 04:03:51 PM

Do what I did and get one also!  Those F body's are cheap and you can find a clean one with modest miles for under 10K.  Mine's just like the OP's but is a T-top car...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 23, 2012, 04:03:51 PM
Thanks, last year made, 2002. Seems a lot of people knew they would be collectable. You can find them with low miles here and there. Has the vette engine and close ratio 6 speed.  I was looking at the window sticker, 3,200.00 for the Ram Air system. I'm gonna confirm for sure it's 1 of 38 and think of a vanity plate ?

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

myk

Are you going to 'mod it any, or keep it stock?  The only thing I did with mine was to make it a "real" ram-air car by installing a kit that seals the hood nostrils to the air-intake box...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on June 23, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Are you going to 'mod it any, or keep it stock?  The only thing I did with mine was to make it a "real" ram-air car by installing a kit that seals the hood nostrils to the air-intake box...
110% stock.  That's the Rob way.  Original to the tires.  Pic's?  :slap:   :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

TUFCAT

Ghoste

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

larmstrong11

There s a pontiac website out there for ya, see ya,  that was a beautiful charger you made someone happy

myk

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 23, 2012, 07:23:34 PM
Quote from: myk on June 23, 2012, 07:18:02 PM
Are you going to 'mod it any, or keep it stock?  The only thing I did with mine was to make it a "real" ram-air car by installing a kit that seals the hood nostrils to the air-intake box...
110% stock.  That's the Rob way.  Original to the tires.  Pic's?  :slap:   :shruggy:

Most guys that are new to the LS1 world don't know that the ram-air hoods don't seal to the air intake box, which basically means the car is "ram-air" by name only.  When you get your car you'll see for yourself that the back of the ram-air nostrils on the hood don't meet up with the opening on the air-intake.  There's a kit that uses soft foam or other materials to seal the openings on the ram-air hood to the opening on the air intake box to make it "true" ram-air.  

Trust me, LS1 guys have been annoyed by the "fake" ram-air thing since the 90's, lol...

Ghoste

The new Challengers are the same way.

myk

Quote from: Ghoste on June 23, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Oh wow, really?  Well I think it's even worse with the GM products because they CHARGED more for the WS6/Ram-air and the SS packages when in fact all buyers got was a hood, wheels and badges package, as the ram-air didn't actually work; the alleged increase of 25 horsepower was B.S., as all LS1 cars, including the Corvette had about 350 bhp at the flywheel.  Dyno tests on WS6/SS cars vs. regular Camaro's and F-birds showed that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE in power between the trim levels.

'OP, I recommend checking out and joining LS1tech.com: http://ls1tech.com/forums/index.php  There's a wealth of technical information on that site...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on June 23, 2012, 10:00:33 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on June 23, 2012, 09:52:41 PM

Oh wow, really?  Well I think it's even worse with the GM products because they CHARGED more for the WS6/Ram-air and the SS packages when in fact all buyers got was a hood, wheels and badges package, as the ram-air didn't actually work; the alleged increase of 25 horsepower was B.S., as all LS1 cars, including the Corvette had about 350 bhp at the flywheel.  Dyno tests on WS6/SS cars vs. regular Camaro's and F-birds showed that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE in power between the trim levels.

'OP, I recommend checking out and joining LS1tech.com: http://ls1tech.com/forums/index.php  There's a wealth of technical information on that site...
You know you're ruining my Ram am thrill.  But that is some interesting information.  So with all this high tech crap the engine is only 350 at the crank?  WTF.  With everyone telling me how fast the car is?
At the moment I think I'll just be a lurker. I'm not even on the site yet and I find out the Ram Air system is a joke. I don't have the passion for the TA like I did for the Charger. Just gonna look and learn if needed.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 23, 2012, 08:34:24 PM
"RAM AIR" is my choice
Ram air was my least choice :hah:  It says it on the hood anyway.  I like the 38. made   For today's times that is really really cool to me. I tried for 1 of 38 but you could use that combo of letters and numbers.  Someone has rare.1.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: cdr on June 23, 2012, 08:53:54 PM
RT/SE is my choice  :smilielol:
I'm gonna list my plates on eBay.  I get good money for cool vanity plates.  I'll keep one and list one.

69 OUR/TEA

Rob,what is the total production that year ?????

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 24, 2012, 07:27:23 AM
Rob,what is the total production that year ?????
There are so many numbers but my car in general is:

WS6 RAM AIR CONVERTIBLE WITH 6-SPEED

41U ( Black )   221 units

Then if you go to this site and plug in your VIN and click on your specific options I drop to 38

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2G2FV32G622155388&x=30&y=5

Are you going to yell at me again and threaten to rink my neck?  I have no regrets with my decisions.  Once bid playing started, bye bye.

And will you please get rid of that TA on your avatar.  This is a Mopar site!

tan top

:2thumbs:  nice car Rob  :drool5:   ,  :2thumbs:  would love a hard top vesion   :yesnod:

:cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

Are you going to yell at me again and threaten to rink my neck?  I have no regrets with my decisions.  Once bid playing started, bye bye.

Actually ,no Rob,had/have nothing bad to say about your T/A,I actually like it alot !!!!Right up my alley,I love black,that body style,clean orig low mile survivor,fun to drive,etc,etc.
If you notice I did not say a thing about you selling the Charger for it,I totally understand,ntm,when you are ready to move on from one car to the next.I like a whole bunch of dif cars of makes/models.
But no,I would'nt sell my 3x9 R/T SE,I'd add on to my cars,but will not sell my Charger or my GN.
The point I was getting at is you got this cool car coming,no need to explain, it is one cool ride,but to go on to the 1 of ? breakdowns,it's a 2002 !!!!! They built tons of them,you're breaking it down by options.Just about any of our cars if we tracked it that hard can differ from others becuase of options.
This is why I stopped subscribing to MCG,I was so sick of every issue coming in with a car being 1 of 3 because of some ridiculous option/color/eng,etc.The cars are already something special as far as we are concerned,why the need to up it one more time to feel like you have something more special than everyone else that has collector/musclecars,etc.
I've said it before,my take on what you/I/everyone else owns is very easy...with 69 R/T Chargers ...  18,xxx made ,I have one of 18,xxx !!!!It's that simple.Do I love certain rare low number prod cars,sure,but have seen many people act like they are better than others and their attitude of what they own,not just talking Mopars.

I am one that can honestly say I appreciate alot of cars regardless of how many were made,how big of an engine is in them,or how much they are worth !!!! It is 40 years plus in the game/hobby,if anything is still hear running /driving should be something of interest !!!!
If it sounds like I am harping on you,I'm not,you are reading text,not hearing my voice.

Fine,I'll get that T/A off my avatar !!!

69 OUR/TEA

1969chargerrtse

Not a problem. That's the things about forums everyone has a opinion and not everyone agrees.
That's also why I don't plan on joining the LS1 forum. I just want to enjoy my ride, not get to deep into it.
As for your points. Numbers made were always important to me. For that reason I paid less or more. I still remember my 440/6 Super Bee was 1 of 109. Think?  It's been decades but close to that.
Today you have  the simple option of plugging a VIN and finding out in 2 seconds, wow 38 made!  And I'll wear that on my plate. I think it's cool. To each his own and I'm glad you like that type of car.

PS. I broke my R/T SE down by options all the  time. Never heard it to be uncool?
PSS. I did not sell my Charger to buy a TA.  I bought a TA with some of the money and the bal will side my ugly house for my wife and family.

69 OUR/TEA

I just found out my Regal is 1 of 38 to !!!! Hope you get there before me,I'm going for that plate on tues when DMV opens !!!! :D