News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

Nice to know its coming to Ohio, maybe I will see it on the road one of these days.  Wish ya the best of luck.  I just know I couldnt sleep until every aspect of the deal is done.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger01 on June 22, 2012, 04:36:31 PM
Nice to know its coming to Ohio, maybe I will see it on the road one of these days.  Wish ya the best of luck.  I just know I couldn't sleep until every aspect of the deal is done.
Thanks again guys.  Yeah 01.  I was up to 2:30 in the am tossing and turning.  Mostly just concerned my car may not live up to his expectations.  Finally I realized it's a beautiful car and worth the deal and that's that.  Otherwise I can wait.  Just a car.  The Charger's not just a car, but everthing else is.  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: bull on June 22, 2012, 02:30:31 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 22, 2012, 01:52:07 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 22, 2012, 01:35:12 PM
With you wanting a T/A it couldn't have played out any better for you IMO. That is  assuming you got in the neighbourhood of $15k to boot. The car even delivered to the door.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
Thanks guys. It was just unreal. 2 people stick it to me, I move 5 feet from my computer and the phone rings and not only is it sold for more than the reserve, a loaded TA vert is dropped at my door. Shipping both cars enclosed is costing him 1800.00  Flipping amazing. Super guy  Thanks eBay a holes.
Oh and by the way that is one hell of a guess!  :icon_smile_wink:

But wait, theres more. And on the phone he says to me. I'll leave it insured and the plate on so you can use it to get it registered. Wow. Thanks.

I wouldn't get too excited until all these promises are fulfilled.

A 69 Charger for a T/A. :rotz: :'(

Rob, I hope this pays out for you...  :cheers:  Sounds too much like a Nigerian scam to me.  Way to many things are good or better for your end of the deal.   :Twocents:

:popcrn:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TUFCAT

Beautiful Trans Am and great deal! Bakerhillpins has a good point so keep your eyes open in case things get shady. I seriously hope not.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 22, 2012, 05:04:50 PM
Beautiful Trans Am and great deal! Bakerhillpins has a good point so keep your eyes open in case things get shady. I seriously hope not.
O.K, but the money is being wired Monday and the car is coming Monday.  As long as my bank has the transfer and the car is made of steel with paperwork, we should be good.
Unless he changes his mind?   :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Troy

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 22, 2012, 04:32:11 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 02:36:33 PM
It's going to Ohio. I'll have his car Monday and he'll have mine so the wait won't be to long. I'm not that excited. To me I'm moving from one beautiful car to another.
And it's not a 69 Charger for a just a TA.   :rotz:

Troy bought it?  I did not know he had a GTO.  :D

I am happy for you that you were able to get the deal you wanted.  :2thumbs:
The only way I'd own an orange 69 is if it had a flag on the roof and 01 on the doors... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemi68charger

Quote from: Troy on June 22, 2012, 05:33:46 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 22, 2012, 04:32:11 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 02:36:33 PM
It's going to Ohio. I'll have his car Monday and he'll have mine so the wait won't be to long. I'm not that excited. To me I'm moving from one beautiful car to another.
And it's not a 69 Charger for a just a TA.   :rotz:

Troy bought it?  I did not know he had a GTO.  :D

I am happy for you that you were able to get the deal you wanted.  :2thumbs:
The only way I'd own an orange 69 is if it had a flag on the roof and 01 on the doors... ;)

Troy

And I've had suggestions by others to do that very same thing to my V2 '69........  :smilielol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Dodge Don

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 05:20:01 PM
O.K, but the money is being wired Monday and the car is coming Monday.  As long as my bank has the transfer and the car is made of steel with paperwork, we should be good.

Wait....do I understand that you already shipped your car to this guy (who just happened to have the exact TA you were looking for) and you currently have neither the money or the T/A? Both coming on Monday?

Man....I hope like hell I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dodge Don on June 22, 2012, 08:20:05 PM

Wait....do I understand that you already shipped your car to this guy (who just happened to have the exact TA you were looking for) and you currently have neither the money or the T/A? Both coming on Monday?

Man....I hope like hell I'm wrong but I've got a bad feeling about this.

No no no.  Charger is home and ain't going anywhere until I have funds and TA and title.

1969chargerrtse

No bad feelings about this needed.  The guy is straight up.  His car is coming to my house via a friend in a single car enclosed trailer, and the Charger is going to him.  I'll have funds and paper work.  Here are some pics he sent me tonight along with the VIN.  Tomorrow I'll check how rare it is on a VIN/option site.

chargerboy69

Just a suggestion from someone who handles wire transfers weekly.  Set up a separate account with nothing in it, and have the funds wired in there.  As soon as it hits, move the funds.  I sell RV's on E-Bay weekly, and most are paid for through wire transfer.  The last thing you want is a strange bank or person having your regular account numbers. Just a suggestion.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1969chargerrtse

And.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 22, 2012, 08:45:48 PM

Just a suggestion from someone who handles wire transfers weekly.  Set up a separate account with nothing in it, and have the funds wired in there.  As soon as it hits, move the funds.  I sell RV's on E-Bay weekly, and most are paid for through wire transfer.  The last thing you want is a strange bank or person having your regular account numbers. Just a suggestion.
Thanks but I already gave him the info.  Acct number and routing number.

1969chargerrtse

He just texted me now saying the money was sent and when I remove any dust from the TA use Final Inspection.  This guy is so car clean anal.  I love it.

marshallfry01

Charger01 that is one nice general lee you have there!
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

Bobs69

I drove a car like that once.  It was brand spanking new, one of my cousins had it home for the weekend (he works for GM).  He was suppose to put 500km on it to "break it in" before handing it over to the media.  He was having a hard time finding the time to do it.  It was grey, had a beauty plate that you could put on the front if your lived in a province/state that didn't require you to have a liscence plate on the front.  It was a molded piece of plastic (factory) that had the firebird on it.

charger01

Quote from: marshallfry01 on June 22, 2012, 08:57:35 PM
Charger01 that is one nice general lee you have there!
[/quoteA

Thank you very much.  Been working on it for over8 years now.  It's getting there.

DC_1

Does look like a nice T/A, and it does seem like a good deal for you. Judging from the other cars in the driveway and garage it appears as if he is a GM guy.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: DC_1(formerly Sydmoe) on June 23, 2012, 05:51:40 AM
Does look like a nice T/A, and it does seem like a good deal for you. Judging from the other cars in the driveway and garage it appears as if he is a GM guy.
I always found Gm guys and Mopar guys the closest ever of liking the same type of cars. He said he used to have a Challenger 340 pistol grip and really missed it so he did the Mopar route before. Many of us just love cool cars, all 3 big makers made some great cars.
He said the bird is in the enclosed trailer and ready to go. He's gonna send a window sticker and title scan this afternoon. It's a go. I'm a bit nervous making a change, but I'll be fine.

1969chargerrtse

I went to this site.  You put your VIN in and it'll give you all the options about your car, then towards the bottom of the page you can slide your options over to another box and It'll tell you how many cars were made like yours.  I got my TA down to 1 of 38 with the same options.  Thw window sticker he sent show's that thing cost 37,300.00 new.  There's a huge drop in value.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php?vin=2G2FV32G622155388&x=30&y=5

nvrbdn

so is he sending the car to you and then you load the charger on the trailer going back to him?  how afraid are you to take that mean machine out for a last good by coffee run? chewing fingernails at every intersection? enjoy your last weekend together.  :'(        monday starts a new chapter.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 23, 2012, 08:11:28 AM
so is he sending the car to you and then you load the charger on the trailer going back to him?  how afraid are you to take that mean machine out for a last good by coffee run? chewing fingernails at every intersection? enjoy your last weekend together.  :'(        monday starts a new chapter.
Yep. I'm going in the garage now to pull it out and check things over and load things in it.  But once I made my mind up I needed to sell and invest some money in the house and find another interesting car, that was it.  I haven't touched it since then and it's going no further now than 20 feet from the garage.
Honestly I'm not going to get any enjoyment until he gets my car and says's it's fine/great.  Then I'll relax and take the TA for a ride.

Indygenerallee

Good luck on the deal!! If I were to own a GM car it would be that very T/A except a hardtop! Very, Very Fast!!! They are just cars and if you ever want another Charger in the future you can get another!!!!  :2thumbs:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 23, 2012, 10:04:59 AM
Good luck on the deal!! If I were to own a GM car it would be that very T/A except a hardtop! Very, Very Fast!!! They are just cars and if you ever want another Charger in the future you can get another!!!!  :2thumbs:
Thanks  :cheers:

dads_69

Glad you 'finally' sold your car and got what you wanted afterall the crap that has been discussed about it & other things past week & a half. Thought for sure this thread would be closed by now. Enjoy you're new ride.
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.