News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 19, 2012, 01:07:58 AM
You got lucky, I got a rustfree original California car & people constantly ask me if any bondo, or quarters or trunk replaced ect, ect. Drives me crazy. LEON.
Yeah I don't get it, I probably answered 30 emails and had 6 phone calls with more to go and not a single person asked a body question? A guy last night emailed me to call him because he wants to store it in his collection.  Great store it then I won't have worry about any driving issues.  :icon_smile_big:  My worry is getting a call saying something like, yeah the body isn't perfect I found a paint flaw etc...  But the 2 most serious buyers walked around it, one stuck his hand under the rear 1/4 and said good drain plugs, and that was that.  He didn't even sit in it or ask for a ride.  Bye bye. Different buyers today from when we were the original drivers and restoring them, but again in a selling market I guess a good thing.

As for CL.  I use it all the time.  I have a great Suzuki quad 50 on there now for 400.00.  The guy past on it which to me was stupid, but he said he knows nothing about quads.  I came in the house and said to my wife.  Wow, I can sell a 35,000.00 dollar car but not a 400.00 quad?  I just like the auction style best for big buck items though I have sold many motorcycles via CL and use the free section to give big items away.  People respond in seconds when your giving something nice away. :yesnod:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dino

Quote from: Tilar on June 18, 2012, 03:52:35 PM

QuoteYou cannot not lose. These cars are investments....  

Maybe you meant "You can not lose"?

Actually 'cannot' is correct.  Both forms can be used.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 19, 2012, 06:48:51 AM

Actually 'cannot' is correct.  Both forms can be used.
Really?  I suck at writing.  Grammer wise.
10 more emails. 3 wanna see the car. Do you test drive each person or say no it runs fine?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 19, 2012, 07:01:49 AM

10 more emails. 3 wanna see the car. Do you test drive each person or say no it runs fine?

I would test drive them.  You cannot ( :icon_smile_big:) expect people to shill out $35K without seeing how it acts on the road.  I wouldn't let the people drive though, not without a written contract that he or she will pay the full amount in case of an accident.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 19, 2012, 07:16:21 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 19, 2012, 07:01:49 AM

I would test drive them.  You cannot ( :icon_smile_big:) expect people to shill out $35K without seeing how it acts on the road.  I wouldn't let the people drive though, not without a written contract that he or she will pay the full amount in case of an accident.
Yeah thanks. Was pretty much thinking the same thing. I'll probably ask if they are serious buyers first or if it's not for them?  I used to ask 100 questions before I took the time to drive somewhere.  I have one from MI and one from Fl asking. Wow.

70 Charger RT

Do you remember the bull dog that looks like it has it's nose pushed in?  Well Pontiac _____________(fill in the blank).
70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 70 Charger RT on June 19, 2012, 08:02:33 AM
Do you remember the bull dog that looks like it has it's nose pushed in?  Well Pontiac _____________(fill in the blank).
Oh. Ha good example. Not 100% sure what I'm gonna do anyway?
Check out the interior on this car. I wrote her twice. No Response?

Pontiac : Firebird Trans Am

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=261044185436&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=89968549776

PS. Not for nuttin but the 70 Charger nose has a few matches to animals.

Tilar

Ok, I'll play, Both forms can be used but yours is correct and mines not?   :smilielol:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Tilar on June 19, 2012, 10:04:34 AM

Ok, I'll play, Both forms can be used but yours is correct and mines not?   :smilielol:
OMG. I like yours better. I tried to change it to, you cannot lose. But I couldn't not change it.  :eek2:

Dino

Quote from: Tilar on June 19, 2012, 10:04:34 AM

LOL no not at all, just saying that cannot is correct as well.  There.   :icon_smile_big:

TheGhost

Can not is correct, cannot is also correct, but cannnot not is not correct.

Signed,

Your friendly neighborhood grammar police
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

1969chargerrtse

In case I get thrown out in the near future, by people that insult me but won't allow me to insult them,  no regrets. Just responding to the crap thrown at me.  What's the problem?  Can't handle it?  For those of you that got in before the lock,  That was so funny!!!   :2thumbs:   I laughed at that.   :icon_smile_wink:

472 R/T SE

1969chargerrtse

gtx6970

Ok, I've read very little of this thread , but I've read enough

1 - untill cash changes hands it's NOT sold. I learned a LOOOOONG time ago, it's all bullshoot until it turns green.

2 - without the original sheet +/or the original fender tag you can't PROVE anything other than it's a 1969 Charger 440 4bbl RT/SE . nothing more nothing less.
I don't care how original any of the said options that are on the car look in present day. Anything could have been added as current as maybe 10 years ago and in time it looks the same as the rest of the car.

I added factory original power windows , rear sway bar and a 6 way seat to my former 1970 Challenger 340 and I challange anyone to say they weren't  OE without looking at the fender tag

1974dodgecharger

AGREED, but I think we were being optimistic for him since it has met his reserve! Even though he has NO cash in hand right now, but its the THOUGHT that counts until he gets it.

Its like an appraiser coming by telling US that our charger is worth 100k since a craig barret auction sold for 150k, but in reality NO FCKER not your average joe is gonna pay 100k for a charger just because its a charger. Appraisers are a dime a dozen folks who just 'talk'.....same with selling his car the bidders right now are just talk and he knows that.  :2thumbs:
Quote from: gtx6970 on June 19, 2012, 08:06:25 PM
Ok, I've read very little of this thread , but I've read enough

1 - untill cash changes hands it's NOT sold. I learned a LOOOOONG time ago, it's all bullshoot until it turns green.

2 - without the original sheet +/or the original fender tag you can't PROVE anything other than it's a 1969 Charger 440 4bbl RT/SE . nothing more nothing less.
I don't care how original any of the said options that are on the car look in present day. Anything could have been added as current as maybe 10 years ago and in time it looks the same as the rest of the car.

I added factory original power windows , rear sway bar and a 6 way seat to my former 1970 Challenger 340 and I challange anyone to say they weren't  OE without looking at the fender tag

472 R/T SE

Quote from: gtx6970 on June 19, 2012, 08:06:25 PM

And I'm sure the buyer didn't know better.  I can't use the "I AGREE" smiley on my phone.

bill440rt

If the buyer doesn't come thru on this auction I think I'LL be one who's upset.
Can't wait until this sh*t is over already.  :rotz:
How soon does it end again?  :popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969chargerrtse

I think you guys are in for a big surprise, but we will see in a few days.  Going by the phone calls I've been getting and the emails I think it's going higher.  I've actually felt uncomfortable and tried to remember every flaw I could so there would be no problems later.  These people have serious money and they want this car, and I'm talking at least 4 high end bidders.  I was asked again today to 35 or more and I said no. Just like I told the less positive outlook people,  have you seen the car?
Not to be rude  :icon_smile_wink:  but I think you guys are out of touch.  These are not people that drove them in high school and are fanatics that they be perfect with proof.  Time will tell. I have over 45k in it but that's my problem.  35k is what I value it at and that would be great.  All the high rollers said nothing of the things most of you value, matter. We shall see.

1969chargerrtse

Ends Sat eve around 10/11.  Sit down with the 180 watchers and  :popcrn:

bill440rt

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969chargerrtse

1969chargerrtse

The support here by some of you is what makes me move forward in a more positive manner. If you look at what's for sale on eBay for chargers of this year, my price is perfect.  Good guess on my part I guess.   :2thumbs:  Thanks.

resq302

I hope you succeed with the sale of your car if that is your true desire.  I know I would hate to see my charger go but if it had to, I know I would like to at least have my friends support.  I understand that you would be happy to get $35,000 for your car but if you can get more towards doing work on your house or putting money away for your kids, Im sure you wouldn't throw away the extra money.

Its hard to say what we will get for our cars if we ever have to sell them.  Some people like originality, others look for rarity.  Some others have to have a certain color  vs. having to get one and then repaint it the color that they want.  So, bottom line is our cars are worth as much as only what someone would want to pay for them.  PERIOD!
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

69charger2002

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 19, 2012, 08:38:19 PM
Ends Sat eve around 10/11.  Sit down with the 180 watchers and  :popcrn:

I think it's odd that i have had more page views and have more watchers on my junker $7000 general lee project than you do on your beautiful $35k+ 69 R/T SE. It's weird how ebay works. Maybe more people are looking for projects? Who knows. Good luck with your auction; too bad we couldn't work out a deal, hopefully you find a good buyer for your car.   :cheers:
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/