News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Sure that happens, but he does have over 400 feedbacks with 100%, so I'd think not.  I've been on eBay since day one.  I don't think I've every had that happen to me and I've sold many high dollar items.  But it could, but I don't think so in this case.  Also most times there are so many, what would you take emails after, you normally do o.k.  If this car didn't sell with all the emails I've gotton, the reserve met, and the 2 that came over that claimed they wanted it?  Wow, that would suck.  I don't have to sell it, and I'm not happy seeing it go, so I'd weigh out the emails and think about keeping it.  They only go up in value, unless the market gets worst.   I find that hard to believe, but one rule I do know is, no politics allowed.
What blows my mind is the almost 4,000 views and 160+ people watching, but I'm sure that's mostly generated from here. A good price for a paperless car without matching numbers is a great thing for everyone in this hobby.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1974dodgecharger

Im sure you poured more into the car than 35k though that we all know...like everyone has mentioned its a badass car and you did alot on it let it be little things or not its a lot.....you do not have a car looking like that without doing things to it.  If I had extra 20k lying around Ill get your car too, the only thing missing (my idea) is a 8-71 blower out of that hood that be my idea daily driver right there.
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 18, 2012, 05:15:51 AM
Sure that happens, but he does have over 400 feedbacks with 100%, so I'd think not.  I've been on eBay since day one.  I don't think I've every had that happen to me and I've sold many high dollar items.  But it could, but I don't think so in this case.  Also most times there are so many, what would you take emails after, you normally do o.k.  If this car didn't sell with all the emails I've gotton, the reserve met, and the 2 that came over that claimed they wanted it?  Wow, that would suck.  I don't have to sell it, and I'm not happy seeing it go, so I'd weigh out the emails and think about keeping it.  They only go up in value, unless the market gets worst.   I find that hard to believe, but one rule I do know is, no politics allowed.
What blows my mind is the almost 4,000 views and 130+ people watching, but I'm sure that's mostly generated from here. A good price for a paperless car without matching numbers is a great thing for everyone in this hobby.

bill440rt

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 06:27:38 PM
You've done nothing here but to prove you know little.

That's quite a strong statement. If you took the time to read his "dribble", you might think otherwise.

How soon does this auction end?  :whistling:
:popcrn:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 18, 2012, 06:26:50 AM
Im sure you poured more into the car than 35k though that we all know...like everyone has mentioned its a badass car and you did alot on it let it be little things or not its a lot.....you do not have a car looking like that without doing things to it.  If I had extra 20k lying around Ill get your car too, the only thing missing (my idea) is a 8-71 blower out of that hood that be my idea daily driver right there.
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 18, 2012, 05:15:51 AM
What blows my mind is the almost 4,000 views and 130+ people watching, but I'm sure that's mostly generated from here. A good price for a paperless car without matching numbers is a great thing for everyone in this hobby.
Yeah then you could go find a Hot Wheel car to match it. Amazing how the second gen is so bad ass and yet they were also a family car and some had a 6.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bill440rt on June 18, 2012, 07:16:30 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 06:27:38 PM
You've done nothing here but to prove you know little.

That's quite a strong statement. If you took the time to read his "dribble", you might think otherwise.

How soon does this auction end?  :whistling:
:popcrn:
I haven't and won't read his dribble. He's nothing to me but a negative jealous source of energy.   I have no need for people like him in my world. I could care less if he was one of the original designers of the 2nd gen charger.  I have 3 beautiful children. They keep me in check about what life is really about. And it's not about defending yourself and your knowledge over people like him. I don't hate or love him. I won't think of him.

Oh yeah, auction ends next Sat I think.

resq302

I checked out the ebay on it last night just to see how it looked.  Decent write up and lots of nice pics!  From what I remember, it said it had 5 days till the end of auction and that was about 11 pm last night.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

moparstuart

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 09:32:04 PM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 13, 2012, 09:02:14 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 08:36:39 PM
So I just sat down and did a whole for sale thing for this car.  Everything in detail, everything in paragraphs.  Everything got erased.  :brickwall:  I'm done for now.
Even selling it breaks my chops.  :eek2:

OR!! Maybe someone is trying to tell you something......
Yeah but to late.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270997975721#v4-44

If I made any major screw ups tell me fast so I can make changes.
congrats  35k  i for one was very skeptical that in this economy and with little correct documentation it would reach that price .    Sad to see the car leave the charger board hopefully the new owner comes around  .

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: resq302 on June 18, 2012, 08:31:04 AM
I checked out the ebay on it last night just to see how it looked.  Decent write up and lots of nice pics!  From what I remember, it said it had 5 days till the end of auction and that was about 11 pm last night.
Says 5 days 12 hours so I'm  pretty sure it's Sat eve around 11:00. I always try to do weekends and late when people are back home sitting around. I posted it late because I was back home sitting around.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on June 18, 2012, 08:40:17 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on June 13, 2012, 09:02:14 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 08:36:39 PM
So I just sat down and did a whole for sale thing for this car.  Everything in detail, everything in paragraphs.  Everything got erased.  :brickwall:  I'm done for now.
Even selling it breaks my chops.  :eek2:

OR!! Maybe someone is trying to tell you something......
Yeah but to late.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270997975721#v4-44

congrats  35k  i for one was very skeptical that in this economy and with little correct documentation it would reach that price .    Sad to see the car leave the charger board hopefully the new owner comes around  .

Thanks. I've always said if you saw the car and knew what 35k buys you'd know this car was worth it. Both guys that saw it were obviously very wealthy by what we talked about to each other. They took a fast view, asked me if I'd close early and said they wanted it but will bid later.  They saw the beauty and workmanship over the paper etc details.  Again this is a good thing for the market. Look at the tan one on eBay for 15k. I put 15 k in detailing. That car will need 40k more by the same standards. Not worried about it.

Just got 3 more would you sell now emails?  No. One said I read your whole thread. I feel like I know you. I love that.  :2thumbs:

Blacknight

Hey you have a great charger i hope you get all the money for that car. Take care Dax

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Blacknight on June 18, 2012, 12:45:51 PM
Hey you have a great charger i hope you get all the money for that car. Take care Dax
Thanks really appreciate that. It's gonna be one long week.  :yesnod:  :eek2:

Bobs69

I agree with the "more it sells for the better it will be for the rest of us" thought.  I'll get around to checking it out on ebay soon.  I'm not a real serious ebay'er.

Ram07

Wish I had the $$ to get it from ya....would do it in a heartbeat....just my  :Twocents: you seem like a very honest man!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ram07 on June 18, 2012, 03:01:54 PM
Wish I had the $$ to get it from ya....would do it in a heartbeat....just my  :Twocents: you seem like a very honest man!
Appreciate that. Learned early what comes around goes around.   Not sure what I did wrong to get a car from a dishonest man In the first place, but with the help of many on this site I turned lemons into lemonade. It was a hell of a journey. Never did a car push me to the far edge like this one. But she runs and looks sweet now. Thanks.  :2thumbs:

Tilar

Yeah but to late.

I'm assuming this might be a screw up, It's in the 4th or 5th revision...

QuoteYou cannot not lose. These cars are investments....  

Maybe you meant "You can not lose"?

Oh and I hate to see you sell the car with everything you've gone through with it, but if you've lost interest in it, It's time to move on.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Tilar on June 18, 2012, 03:52:35 PM
Yeah but to late.

I'm assuming this might be a screw up, It's in the 4th or 5th revision...

QuoteYou cannot not lose. These cars are investments....  

Maybe you meant "You can not lose"?

Oh and I hate to see you sell the car with everything you've gone through with it, but if you've lost interest in it, It's time to move on.
OMG. Most of this stuff was done on my iPhone. I make so many mistakes. Ugh. Thanks for pointing it out. Didn't deter the sale. Ha. I'm not gonna revise my revise.

Back N Black

Glad you sold it Rob,  :2thumbs: don't pay any attention to the negative comments from the peanut gallery.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Back N Black on June 18, 2012, 05:08:57 PM
Glad you sold it Rob,  :2thumbs: don't pay any attention to the negative comments from the peanut gallery.
Where you been?  They were throwing bags of peanuts at me for days.   :2thumbs:

cdr

throwin peanuts,cow patties, rocks,anything they could find,i might sell my charger if this is how the CHARGER GODS treat others
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi68charger

Looks like the auction is going along in your favor......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: cdr on June 18, 2012, 05:41:16 PM
throwin peanuts,cow patties, rocks,anything they could find,i might sell my charger if this is how the CHARGER GODS treat others
Ha, funny.  But not really.  Thanks for the support.  Nothing wrong with being resectful to each other. :icon_smile_wink:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 18, 2012, 06:22:22 PM
Looks like the auction is going along in your favor......
Yeah so far so good.  I just got a call from someone about my car, it amazes me what people find important today.  I've been in this business since I was a kid, but in the 80's I went all through the country buying, restoring and selling Muscle cars. Few people were more anal than me when it came to numbers, codes, color's etc. Today?

Do you know what I got asked? Does the A/C work? Not only is it posted that it doesn't, what about the rest of the car? I've answered a lot of emails. No questions about original body panels, is the trunk 1 or 2 piece? Bondo? Nothing. The guy from Greenwich said, I don't care about the heat and A/C, or the tag and motor, I love it, wanna sell it now? The market has changed so much. In a good way in some ways, but it has changed.  I think the resto mods and tribute cars got people to realize these collectable cars don't have to be Perfect and locked up In a glass case somewhere. Make it look cool and go fast and I'll take it!   :Twocents:

Darkman

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 08:42:00 PM
The car could end up in Russia for all I know? You won't find that selling power on your local Craig list. But, what do I know?

Don't dismiss Craigslist for OS buyers, that's where I got mine from.  :icon_smile_big:

Good luck with the sale it looks like it will end in your favour.
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

hemi-hampton

You got lucky, I got a rustfree original California car & people constanly ask me if any bodo, or quarters or trunk replaced ect, ect. Drives me crazy. LEON.