News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

1969chargerrtse

Wow, and this coming from my favorite moderator.  Couldn't of done it without your help.  Nice to see my hard work and passion paid off. Happy fathers day to me.  :icon_smile_big:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68Bbody

...wow, what a nice car!

Someone is going to have a great summer with it!  (...I just wish it could be ME with it!  ;D )

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: cdr on June 16, 2012, 11:16:49 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 16, 2012, 07:40:36 PM
Quote from: Chris G. on June 16, 2012, 07:37:39 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 07:21:00 PM
When I noticed 427's signature

:smilielol: Chevy clown! Go post about another Charger frame off resto.  :2thumbs:
Oh man thats funny on all levels....rude even!    :smilielol:
so this is what it means to be a GLOBAL MODERATOR

No thats what it means to have a SENSE OF HUMOR
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

captaindodge

Quote from: Chris G. on June 16, 2012, 04:37:35 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 04:19:34 PMIt's not my fault the market changed big time?

A 40 year pro would have known that was happening.  :Twocents:

QuoteI can prove every option on the car very easy.  Ready?

Your explanation is nice, but means squat to any real collector. Pedigree is a word that exists with high end collectors. I am far from a high end collector, but I would be nervous about a re-pop tag car. Everything you removed and fixed, someone else was in those same areas at some point. In reality, you can't prove a thing.

To me "pedigree" is a word used for the canine world where DNA and breeding gets you more. Cars are mech assemblies.

[qu

captaindodge

To me "pedigree" is a word used for the canine world where DNA and breeding gets you more. Cars are mech assemblies.

It makes no sense that because a factory worker assembled the car it is special. I own a numbers matching, fender tag, broadcast sheet 69 Charger R/T 440.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 17, 2012, 09:21:54 AM

:smilielol: Chevy clown! Go post about another Charger frame off resto.  :2thumbs:

I don't think he was kidding. You guys should be ashamed of yourselfs. You were all disrespectful to a long time positive member. I question you being in the position rewarded you?  You could of Pm'd me privately if I made a mistake linking my ad to eBay but you embarrassed me instead in the open. My problems with Chris G is not disagreements, but the rude unnprofessional way he handles himself. And in this case he was proven he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just comes across as a jealous kid.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Chris G.

Oh Rob, stop crying and get over yourself. I was one who said you could get 35K for the car. Be happy it's now gonna sell. I never said one personal thing about you. And unprofessional on a car forum?  :smilielol: I hope those boys on the TA site know what they're in for.

I for one am glad this car is gonna sell.

bakerhillpins

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on June 17, 2012, 11:46:08 AM
Oh Rob, stop crying and get over yourself. I was one who said you could get 35K for the car. Be happy it's now gonna sell. I never said one personal thing about you. And unprofessional on a car forum?  :smilielol: I hope those boys on the TA site know what they're in for.

I for one am glad this car is gonna sell.
Obviously we disagree and that's fine.  If I get a TA I have no plans for a forum.  But I'm not worried about it anyway because I do fine with everyone here but you and your boy's.  Being rude and loud doesn't make you right.  Enjoy your fathers day if you're one and move on.

472 R/T SE

I'm not above eatin' crow.

Don't think Chris G. & I haven't had words.   I just didn't take it personal.

Congrats! 

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 17, 2012, 01:24:23 PM

Congrats! 

Thanks, appreciate that. I'm out on my Gold Wing and spotted a beautiful 2002 Ram air WS6 sitting farthest out in the parking lot. This guy/girl appreciates what they have. Hoping they come out soon so I can ask for a ride. 
Just kidding, ask a few questions. I love the over the top rear spoiler and buldged hood. It's hot sitting out here in the sun. Come on kid.

cdr

i want to tell everyone that is a dad,HAPPY FATHERS DAY, & hopin that rt-se brings what i think it will,it is a very nice car  :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 01:40:26 PM

Congrats! 

Thanks, appreciate that. I'm out on my Gold Wing and spotted a beautiful 2002 Ram air WS6 sitting farthest out in the parking lot. This guy/girl appreciates what they have. Hoping they come out soon so I can ask for a ride. 
Just kidding, ask a few questions. I love the over the top rear spoiler and buldged hood. It's hot sitting out here in the sun. Come on kid.

STALKER !!!!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 17, 2012, 02:13:14 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 01:40:26 PM

Don't think Chris G. & I haven't had words.   I just didn't take it personal.

Congrats!  

STALKER !!!!!
Wise guy. He said he's had no issues with it.  Could be because it only has 5,000 miles on it?  :shruggy:

Finn

Looks like it has a problem with its turning radius because he definitely parked it like a teenage girl...
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 10:11:59 AM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 17, 2012, 09:21:54 AM

I don't think he was kidding. You guys should be ashamed of yourselfs. You were all disrespectful to a long time positive member. I question you being in the position rewarded you?  You could of Pm'd me privately if I made a mistake linking my ad to eBay but you embarrassed me instead in the open. My problems with Chris G is not disagreements, but the rude unnprofessional way he handles himself. And in this case he was proven he doesn't know what he's talking about. He just comes across as a jealous kid.
Rob you've been on this fourm long enough to know the rules. A newbie would have gotten a PM on the rules. It was deliberate on your part as far as I'm concerned.
If you think this position is a "reward" you are sadly mistaken. To have to listen to whiners like yourself bitch & complain to their wives & mommies when someone is rude to them on a public forum aint no reward. Yes Rob you are a model forum member that is all peaches & cream. Unfortunately there are others that speak their mind in posts as well. You can man up & take those comments or go crying to your mommie.
If after all these years of being an active member you still cant handle ALL comments & personalities, I suggest you move on.   This my friend is Internet forum 101.
Also, For the record I did explain this to you in a PM but since you chose this route so be it. Good luck on the new toy.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TUFCAT

I'm not getting involved in the tangle, but I will say your posts (and pictures) have taught many of us some good technical info.  Thanks for being a contributing member.  :cheers:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 17, 2012, 03:08:06 PM
I'm not getting involved in the tangle, but I will say your posts (and pictures) have taught many of us some good technical info.  Thanks for being a contributing member.  :cheers:
Thanks. Glad to help, and thanks for your help.  I still have the regulator in the new guys car.  I'm not backing down from rude people so he can deal with it as he tells me or locked the thread. 
I was not aware of the rules Chris. I have never been to a section about rules on this site. If I knew that, I wouldn't of done that, and you should know that.
You never PMd me about anything I did wrong before you attacked my thread and making it unable for me to make corrections. I would of been happy to delete the link.
I never told my mommy about any complaints here.
I did tell my wife how child like the 2 Chris's were being again as you two acted the same way when I got the car. If your relationship with your wife isn't as close as mine , then here's the rudeness and tone you two speak to others. To bad for you. Deal with it.
If you find being a moderator here such hard work rather than a pleasure, pass the torch to someone else. Just not your rude twin Chris. He insulted me with stupid things like  " Chevy clown ". And instead of PMing him you laughed with it. It's people like you guys that make a bad name for forums. Deal with it. stop telling everyone else it's ok to be disrespectful to each other and learn how to treat people with respect.

Chris G.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 17, 2012, 03:52:36 PM
If your relationship with your wife isn't as close as mine , then here's the rudeness and tone you two speak to others. To bad for you. Deal with it.

Hmm, not sure what you mean, but sounds insulting.

QuoteIf you find being a moderator here such hard work rather than a pleasure, pass the torch to someone else. Just not your rude twin Chris. He insulted me with stupid things like  " Chevy clown ".

Sounds like another personal insult. The fact that you took a members name 472 and twisted it to 427 shows me you have no problem acting "unprofessional" as well.

I have no stake in your and Chris' battle, but the fact is, you will be gone in a couple weeks, and Chris will continue to try and help this site and maintain it's sanity. Don't for a second think you are, or were ever better for this site than Chris ever was.

Before you and your wife drift off to Pontiac land, don't ever think you have done more for this hobby or this site that myself or Chris has. I get 20 emails a day asking about Charger stuff...how many do you get? I started a registry (with Don) to try and help Charger owners find things out about their cars and create a free site that has so much information, it will make your head spin. How much have I made $$$ wise? ZERO. I actually lose money every year doing it, but because I enjoy the hobby as much as I do, I do it. What's your claim to fame Rob? Once you evaporate from the Mopar world, you will never be mentioned again. If you think driving 5 minutes to Dunkin Donuts and then parking in a bubble makes you a car guy, you are mistakenly wrong. Your life at dc.com has always been about how much money you don't want to spend because you need to profit on your car.

Tell your wife I said Happy Fathers Day...she obviously wear the pants in that family. I guess that's an insult, so I am stooping to your level.

1969chargerrtse

Not even gonna read your dribble. I have no respect or care about what you think or say. All I have to do is go back to when I was new here and read some of your condescending rude remarks. Most of them I deleted when we had the option to.  You've done nothing here but to prove you know little. The very same evening you were laughing and insulting me thinking I knew little after 40 years in the business, someone was bidding on my car proving you wrong once again.
I've already wasted to much finger typing on you. If I was as rude as you, I'd really let you know what I'm feeling. Your a joke.

charger_fan_4ever

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 17, 2012, 08:04:48 PM
How high will it go  :popcrn: :popcrn:
Not sure but if I listened to others instead of my own experience, no higher. I've been asked several times why I don't take the money and run on a car that could sell for 10,000.00 dollars less than I have in it. I'm very pleased where it's at. To me it was a 35k car and it looks like I have that. Some people have lot's of money and don't think that way, they want what they want. That's why I chose eBay. The two buyers that came to my house made that clear and I think one of them is the high bidder? If not, then it's going higher. Many people here complain about eBay.  I sold my vette on eBay to buy this car, and now I'm selling it on eBay. The fees are little compared to what eBay can generate in buyers. The car could end up in Russia for all I know? You won't find that selling power on your local Craig list. But, what do I know?

charger_fan_4ever

Lets just hope the high bidder isn't a freak in their moms basement with only monopoly money in www dreamland.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 17, 2012, 09:40:54 PM
Lets just hope the high bidder isn't a freak in their moms basement with only monopoly money in www dreamland with no $$.

was going to say the same thing as we all well know just because someone makes a high bid does not mean cash is in hand we all seen it thats why we see the same chargers over and over on ebay even after it meets its reserve and sells etc....