News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 04:19:34 PMIt's not my fault the market changed big time?

A 40 year pro would have known that was happening.  :Twocents:

QuoteI can prove every option on the car very easy.  Ready?

Your explanation is nice, but means squat to any real collector. Pedigree is a word that exists with high end collectors. I am far from a high end collector, but I would be nervous about a re-pop tag car. Everything you removed and fixed, someone else was in those same areas at some point. In reality, you can't prove a thing.

QuotePlease if there's nothing positive and nice to say, don't say it.

Don't list a car for sale and not expect opinions. You have never picked apart a car on ebay before in your life? Please.

QuoteI'm glad you think It's worth 30.

Hey, give me credit, I said it may sell for 35K.  ;)

472 R/T SE

Rob, if there's one thing we can count on from Chris is he'll make a person think.  Life's not all rosey & I respect anyone who can remind me to take off those rose colored glasses.

Does it suck to hear what some folks have to say?  Hell yes it does, but good gravy a person always needs to look at stuff from both sides.

I wholeheartedly agree with Just Chris.  I've sold a few Mopars & have a friend who's sold prolly 500-600.  When car's get up past $30k they better be #'s matching, correct color, broadcast sheet/tag & some paperwork.

Good luck my friend, remember what I told you a long time ago.  If you don't like someone's opinion, start your own forum & delete any negative responses you may get.   :shruggy:

472 R/T SE

Also, you should be thankful this hasn't been locked or put in the correct area of the forum.   ;)

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 16, 2012, 09:22:18 AM
Not to rain on your parade.  But, if your a Charger nut, you will EVENTUALLY regret your decision.  Maybe not right now, but in the future.  

You can pick up one of these Trans Ams for 10k - 12k in good shape.   Take out a loan and grab one and sell the car in a year if are 100% sure you want to.   Just my  :Twocents:
As I mentioned before it's more than that.  I've had a great run with the car but I'm moving on.  Thanks Though.
Second guy came by.  Stand up guy, owns several expensive Mopars.  said the car was beautiful and worth every penny, said he didn't need to go through it he could see the work and detail.  Didn't even sit in it?    Also asked if I would sell and close the auction? Nope.  Hope these guys are honest. But I'm convinced my pricing is correct if it sells or not.  Took 2 auctions to sell the vette.

Good luck with it.  I've been on the fence for a year one to sell a car, but it's like parting with a family member.  I'm just too much of a car nut and hate to sell squat.

Hope your Ebay experience is good.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on June 16, 2012, 04:37:35 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 04:19:34 PMIt's not my fault the market changed big time?

A 40 year pro would have known that was happening.  :Twocents:

QuoteI can prove every option on the car very easy.  Ready?

Your explanation is nice, but means squat to any real collector. Pedigree is a word that exists with high end collectors. I am far from a high end collector, but I would be nervous about a re-pop tag car. Everything you removed and fixed, someone else was in those same areas at some point. In reality, you can't prove a thing.

QuotePlease if there's nothing positive and nice to say, don't say it.

Don't list a car for sale and not expect opinions. You have never picked apart a car on ebay before in your life? Please.

QuoteI'm glad you think It's worth 30.

Hey, give me credit, I said it may sell for 35K.  ;)
How would a 40 year pro that deals with classic cars know the housing market and banking world is about to crash? Obviously know one saw that coming.  It's rude comments like that, that I'm talking about.

Why do you bring up that someone had a repro tag made?  It's either correct and great, or incorrect and has no value. It's not on the car and that's that.  The fact that the previous owner has no idea about it means nothing.

I have no problems with opinions, but from the day I bought it, most of yours have been rude.  You can make the same points in a more pleasent manner to another member on the site.

I'm glad you could see someone not looking for a pedigree car paying up to 35K.  That's all I've ever said.  Everyone that see's the car tells me how much more than that they think it's worth.  I always say the same thing, 30 to 35k is my thought.  No build sheet, tag, or matching numbers.  So were on the same page. 
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on June 16, 2012, 05:34:18 PM
Also, you should be thankful this hasn't been locked or put in the correct area of the forum.   ;)
Why? For what reason would justify locking it? Power move? Move it, lock it, do whatever you want with it. Life's to short for silly stuff like this. I have a social life outside of this petty negative talk. I'll stick with the 98% positive kind comments. Rude is rude, no need for it. Has nothing to do with disagreements.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 16, 2012, 05:53:03 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 16, 2012, 09:22:18 AM
Not to rain on your parade.  But, if your a Charger nut, you will EVENTUALLY regret your decision.  Maybe not right now, but in the future.  

You can pick up one of these Trans Ams for 10k - 12k in good shape.   Take out a loan and grab one and sell the car in a year if are 100% sure you want to.   Just my  :Twocents:
As I mentioned before it's more than that.  I've had a great run with the car but I'm moving on.  Thanks Though.
Second guy came by.  Stand up guy, owns several expensive Mopars.  said the car was beautiful and worth every penny, said he didn't need to go through it he could see the work and detail.  Didn't even sit in it?    Also asked if I would sell and close the auction? Nope.  Hope these guys are honest. But I'm convinced my pricing is correct if it sells or not.  Took 2 auctions to sell the vette.

Good luck with it.  I've been on the fence for a year one to sell a car, but it's like parting with a family member.  I'm just too much of a car nut and hate to sell squat.

Hope your Ebay experience is good.
Thanks.  I'm on the fence also. If it sells, fine, if not fine.  Whatever, I'm not selling it because I have to, and that's were the pain level differs.

nvrbdn

well, im no expert on these cars, just love them. but im watching these auctions and see the clones bringing big money. then you watch a real thunderbolt,r/t, copo, boss, cobra, what not come up and barely beat out the clone. its happening all the time on mecum. im assuming alot of these people are big collectors with big money, and are paying the price.  :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 16, 2012, 07:03:56 PM
well, im no expert on these cars, just love them. but im watching these auctions and see the clones bringing big money. then you watch a real thunderbolt,r/t, copo, boss, cobra, what not come up and barely beat out the clone. its happening all the time on mecum. im assuming alot of these people are big collectors with big money, and are paying the price.  :shruggy:
He could be B,SSing me. But the first guy to see my car came up from $$$$ Greenwich $$$$ Ct. He said he had tons of cash and the 35K was fine and asked if I'd close the auction. He said the no A/C and heat, and no paper work, and non matching numbers was not a problem because it was that beautiful. We'll find out soon if he was just talking? Seen it many times.  I have no idea if this car is gonna sell? He said he'll be in Hawaii when the auction closes and will bid from there. Gonna be a long week. I've always said there's no rush to sell these cars, they are rolling works of art, someone is always looking for a nice one. Mine is nice, not mint but nice.

myk

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 06:55:03 PM

I have no problems with opinions, but from the day I bought it, most of yours have been rude.  You can make the same points in a more pleasent manner to another member on the site.

Gotta agree with you on that one, man.  In every car forum there's always a bunch of guys who can do nothing but berate, belittle and be condescending towards the guy that doesn't have a concourse correct car with a build sheet, 100% original this, that, nut and bolt resto, factory paint marks, mistakes, didn't do "this" or "that" on a car during a rebuild, blah blah blah.  I always thought snobbery was a high school cheer leading thing; imagine my surprise when I discovered that grown men can be just as petty, girly and in need of a bigger tampon.  Your car is beautiful inside and out, and in this day and age that's what matters to most buyers.  I hope all of this turns out right for you...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on June 16, 2012, 07:14:31 PM

I have no problems with opinions, but from the day I bought it, most of yours have been rude.  You can make the same points in a more pleasent manner to another member on the site.

Gotta agree with you on that one, man.  In every car forum there's always a bunch of guys who can do nothing but berate, belittle and be condescending towards the guy that doesn't have a concourse correct car with a build sheet, 100% original this, that, nut and bolt resto, factory paint marks, mistakes, didn't do "this" or "that" on a car during a rebuild, blah blah blah.  I always thought snobbery was a high school cheer leading thing; imagine my surprise when I discovered that grown men can be just as petty and girly...
Thank you so much.  I was telling my wife how this guy Chris on the site was after me again and how I fired right back.  I hoped others who knew me would take a stand knowing I speak kind to everyone, but instead I got 427 R/TSE backing him up?  When I noticed 427's signature carries Chris's registry, I understood.   :scratchchin:
I gave Chris several I.D numbers for his site that if the owners knew I did that, they wouldn't be happy.  You're welcome.

472 R/T SE

Why would it get locked?  It's now a for sale ad.

Rod, don't know why you always gotta get your panties wound up.  If there's one thing I've come to realize is you have a hard time taking any kind of criticism.  

Lighten up Francis.  ;)

If that guy really meant he wanted you to end the auction you two should have marched down to the bank so he could make a direct deposit.  Pretty simple.  Once you see the money in your account, end the auction.  

Unless you're thinking you'll strike it rich & get more than $35k?   :shruggy:

Chris G.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 07:21:00 PM
Thank you so much. I was telling my wife how this guy Chris on the site was after me again and how I fired right back.  I hoped others who knew me would take a stand knowing I speak kind to everyone, but instead I got 427 R/TSE backing him up?  When I noticed 427's signature carries Chris's registry, I understood.   :scratchchin:
I gave Chris several I.D numbers for his site that if the owners knew I did that, they wouldn't be happy.  You're welcome.

I could care less about you Rob. I never attacked you personally...ever. You always have a knee-jerk reaction when someone doesn't agree with you. I don't look for anyone to agree with me, I simply read your posts about selling your car, and I reply. Don't bring 472 or anyone else into this. It's me & you dude.

Bottom line, you want praise for selling a Charger on a Charger site. Why should you deserve praise for that? Not sure. You claim it's an "honor", "privilege", and "love" for the car...yet you want to dump it...for a T/A.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: myk on June 16, 2012, 07:14:31 PM

Gotta agree with you on that one, man.  In every car forum there's always a bunch of guys who can do nothing but berate, belittle and be condescending towards the guy that doesn't have a concourse correct car with a build sheet, 100% original this, that, nut and bolt resto, factory paint marks, mistakes, didn't do "this" or "that" on a car during a rebuild, blah blah blah.  I always thought snobbery was a high school cheer leading thing; imagine my surprise when I discovered that grown men can be just as petty and girly...
Thank you so much.  I was telling my wife how this guy Chris on the site was after me again and how I fired right back.  I hoped others who knew me would take a stand knowing I speak kind to everyone, but instead I got 427 R/TSE backing him up?  When I noticed 427's signature carries Chris's registry, I understood.   :scratchchin:

Rob, none of the OPINIONS were "rude".....  (really? rude?  are we 12 again?)   They were opinions from the other side of the coin...the reality side.  Sure everyone loves to hear how great their car is and thats its worth every penny of what you are asking for it.  We/I are talking from the realistic side of the spectrum.   You said in another post that "you should take the 26k that your car is bid up to on eBay & buy the other Charger.....well my nieve friend, that 26k bid is probably from some 15 year old punk that doesnt have 2 nickles to rub together.  Until there is cash in your hand ebay is a joke.

PS---did you really tell your wife about me?

PSS--yes the thread would get locked & moved to the eBay as section if you kept posting the link....no special treatment for anyone...rules are rules

Signed a friendly Moderator
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

nvrbdn

i think the guys are paying the money for the quality of the build and attention to detail and not the badging. when an original 318 cloned car can bring the same money at auction as a matching #'s car. your build will dictate its value. hang in there and let the car do its talking. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Chris G.

When I noticed 427's signature

:smilielol: Chevy clown! Go post about another Charger frame off resto.  :2thumbs:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Chris G. on June 16, 2012, 07:37:39 PM

:smilielol: Chevy clown! Go post about another Charger frame off resto.  :2thumbs:
Oh man thats funny on all levels....rude even!    :smilielol:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

chargerboy69

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 07:12:54 PM
He could be B,SSing me. But the first guy to see my car came up from $$$$ Greenwich $$$$ Ct. He said he had tons of cash and the 35K was fine and asked if I'd close the auction. He said the no A/C and heat, and no paper work, and non matching numbers was not a problem because it was that beautiful. We'll find out soon if he was just talking? Seen it many times.  I have no idea if this car is gonna sell? He said he'll be in Hawaii when the auction closes and will bid from there. Gonna be a long week. I've always said there's no rush to sell these cars, they are rolling works of art, someone is always looking for a nice one. Mine is nice, not mint but nice.

Just my opinion, but if they guy is willing to give you what you want for the car, end the auction and avoid paying the fees.

I make a living by selling on E-Bay and anytime I get a offer to sell early, I take it.  Why give E-Bay anymore than you have to.

Best of luck with the sale.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

472 R/T SE

:smilielol: Chevy clown! Go post about another Charger frame off resto.  :2thumbs:

That was no accident.  A little dig from Rod I'm sure.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: chargerboy69 on June 16, 2012, 07:41:10 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 07:12:54 PM
Just my opinion, but if they guy is willing to give you what you want for the car, end the auction and avoid paying the fees.

I make a living by selling on E-Bay and anytime I get a offer to sell early, I take it.  Why give E-Bay anymore than you have to.

Best of luck with the sale.
I'll only make one comment about all the comments.  Chris G the stuff you say is so out there, and unrelated to the facts,  it's not worth repsonding to you.  You remind me of the school bully.  Sad for you.  I'm gonna ignore the obvious clique of guys that back each other there and just answer this.  
Both people asked me if I would consider ending the auction ( along with 3 emails ).  I said, no.  I find it hard to believe you think everybody should do that.  It's not on the classified ad page, it's an auction.  I explain this on the ad.  I have 45 in it.  I worked hard on it, why would I not want everything I can get?
If for whatever reason reserve is not met, there is after sale emails etc.... Or the pleasure of keeping it. I don't " have" to sell it.  Kids college is 2 years away, and even then I can keep it if I choose to.   Just feeling the market.

TheGhost

For the love of...

Grow the hell up, people. :rotz:  It's the internet.  Stop taking it so damn seriously.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Bobs69

I haven't read all of this thread, just skimmed it some.   I can't help thinking about a comment my wife made about car guys.  "They aren't really interested in helping each other, they are jealous of what the other has."  And some other interesting stuff I can't remember at the moment.

nvrbdn

i can never remember what my wife says either. cuz im usually reading and posting in here. and shes probably not saying anything important anyway. :D
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

cdr

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 16, 2012, 07:40:36 PM

:smilielol: Chevy clown! Go post about another Charger frame off resto.  :2thumbs:
Oh man thats funny on all levels....rude even!    :smilielol:
so this is what it means to be a GLOBAL MODERATOR
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

hemi-hampton