News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finn

Or get a motor-home, so you can make coffee on the run. Just don't drink too much, or you'll be making coffee on the run to the bathroom because you have the runs.
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on June 15, 2012, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 09:24:17 AM
Thanks guys, and as for you Paul, it's not for sale to be a GL clone. Daytona maybe?  Thought that a few times myself.

No GL.....Dirty Mary Crazy Larry,I already have the rims !!!!! Or add a vinyl top,painted dog dish rims and engine call-out decals on the hood,go pull off a bank robbery,paint a diff color,sit back here and watch the fun !!!!!!

Hey now..... :nono:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 15, 2012, 03:37:28 PM
I just thought of sumthin'....if you give up coffee runs, you wouldn't need a Charger or Trans Am! :D
I'm not giving up the coffee runs. Just gonna do them top down and with better mpg.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 15, 2012, 04:47:45 PM
Thanks guys, and as for you Paul, it's not for sale to be a GL clone. Daytona maybe?  Thought that a few times myself.

No GL.....Dirty Mary Crazy Larry,I already have the rims !!!!! Or add a vinyl top,painted dog dish rims and engine call-out decals on the hood,go pull off a bank robbery,paint a diff color,sit back here and watch the fun !!!!!!

Ha ha. I just got it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on June 15, 2012, 04:47:45 PM

Figured you'd like that one !!!LOL

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: Finn on June 15, 2012, 04:22:27 PM
Or get a motor-home, so you can make coffee on the run. Just don't drink too much, or you'll be making coffee on the run to the bathroom because you have the runs.

That shouldn't be a problem. Just switch on the cruise control and head for the bathroom. :yesnod:
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 404NOTFOUND on June 15, 2012, 06:46:22 PM

That shouldn't be a problem. Just switch on the cruise control and head for the bathroom. :yesnod:
:o  What the yeah happened to the car in your avatar?  Ouch.

moparfan53

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 08:26:38 PM

:o  What the yeah happened to the car in your avatar?  Ouch.

Fortunately, 404NOTFOUND survived the accident in much better shape than his Charger. The story is here;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91812.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparfan53 on June 15, 2012, 10:17:57 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 08:26:38 PM

:o  What the yeah happened to the car in your avatar?  Ouch.

Fortunately, 404NOTFOUND survived the accident in much better shape than his Charger. The story is here;
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91812.0.html

Wow how did I miss that?  Thanks for the link and glad he's o.k

1969chargerrtse

This is hard for me. Saturday morning, bright sun is out and I'm on my coffee run.  In my beat up mini van!  I'm not moving my Charger one mile until its sold. Gonna miss it.  ::)

Gotta guy coming down in two hours to pick it apart.

nvrbdn

good luck with it today.hope it goes well for you. its a sad day when you let go of a favorite :'(, but when its done, the thrill of the hunt is on.and shopping for a new cruiser is fun :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 16, 2012, 07:23:30 AM
good luck with it today.hope it goes well for you. its a sad day when you let go of a favorite :'(, but when its done, the thrill of the hunt is on.and shopping for a new cruiser is fun :2thumbs:
Yeah so true, you guys have been supportive and awesome, that's why I'll still be active on the site.  Ya never know I may own another one, one day?  She's all shiny and waiting to be picked apart. To me it's worth every penny of 35k and if I don't get it, I keep it.  I have a memeber here offered me 35 in Oct.  I can wait, convertibles will be cheaper then anyway.

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 07:46:26 AM
Yeah so true, you guys have been supportive and awesome, that's why I'll still be active on the site.  Ya never know I may own another one, one day?  She's all shiny and waiting to be picked apart. To me it's worth every penny of 35k and if I don't get it, I keep it.  I have a memeber here offered me 35 in Oct.  I can wait, convertibles will be cheaper then anyway.

You may end up driving that T/A and getting an offer you can't refuse.  My wife has had some serious offers on the car well above market value.  You never know!

Please do stick around here, at the very least you can point an laugh at our dinosaurs with multiple issues while your main concern is what brand of tire am I going to run?   :icon_smile_big:
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 16, 2012, 07:56:38 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 07:46:26 AM
Yeah so true, you guys have been supportive and awesome, that's why I'll still be active on the site.  Ya never know I may own another one, one day?  She's all shiny and waiting to be picked apart. To me it's worth every penny of 35k and if I don't get it, I keep it.  I have a memeber here offered me 35 in Oct.  I can wait, convertibles will be cheaper then anyway.

You may end up driving that T/A and getting an offer you can't refuse.  My wife has had some serious offers on the car well above market value.  You never know!

Please do stick around here, at the very least you can point an laugh at our dinosaurs with multiple issues while your main concern is what brand of tire am I going to run?   :icon_smile_big:
Yeah right.  I just updated my ad and put a nice long comment on it and realized I forgot a word.  I was saying it's not fair to close early to someone I haven't yet met yet.  I forgot the word, met.  ugh.  I love love white chargers with black tops and stripes like yours. love the avatar.

1970Moparmann

Not to rain on your parade.  But, if your a Charger nut, you will EVENTUALLY regret your decision.  Maybe not right now, but in the future. 

You can pick up one of these Trans Ams for 10k - 12k in good shape.   Take out a loan and grab one and sell the car in a year if are 100% sure you want to.   Just my  :Twocents:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 16, 2012, 09:22:18 AM
Not to rain on your parade.  But, if your a Charger nut, you will EVENTUALLY regret your decision.  Maybe not right now, but in the future.  

You can pick up one of these Trans Ams for 10k - 12k in good shape.   Take out a loan and grab one and sell the car in a year if are 100% sure you want to.   Just my  :Twocents:
As I mentioned before it's more than that.  I've had a great run with the car but I'm moving on.  Thanks Though.
Second guy came by.  Stand up guy, owns several expensive Mopars.  said the car was beautiful and worth every penny, said he didn't need to go through it he could see the work and detail.  Didn't even sit in it?    Also asked if I would sell and close the auction? Nope.  Hope these guys are honest. But I'm convinced my pricing is correct if it sells or not.  Took 2 auctions to sell the vette.

paironines

Sell it dont regret it. I sold my RT on the site last year and im happy I did. I restored mine and owned it 12 years of driving and letting it sit. Not much else to do with it when you crave other cars be it Pontiacs or other Chargers in my case. Im probably one of the few who enjoy the journey on these cars more than the destination.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Also not to rain even further on your parade BUT I think to get 35k for your car you need a buyer who does NOT know much about Mopars in general.  Most people that "own several expensive Mopars" are looking for "investment grade" cars.  Sadly yours & many others do not fall into that category with a color change & no documentation to prove what the car really is/was.
You need a buyer that wants a '69 Charger & does not care about its pedigree for the $$ you are wanting to get...

:Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69charger2002

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 09:34:00 AM
Quote from: 1970Moparmann on June 16, 2012, 09:22:18 AM
Not to rain on your parade.  But, if your a Charger nut, you will EVENTUALLY regret your decision.  Maybe not right now, but in the future.  

You can pick up one of these Trans Ams for 10k - 12k in good shape.   Take out a loan and grab one and sell the car in a year if are 100% sure you want to.   Just my  :Twocents:
As I mentioned before it's more than that.  I've had a great run with the car but I'm moving on.  Thanks Though.
Second guy came by.  Stand up guy, owns several expensive Mopars.  said the car was beautiful and worth every penny, said he didn't need to go through it he could see the work and detail.  Didn't even sit in it?    Also asked if I would sell and close the auction? Nope.  Hope these guys are honest. But I'm convinced my pricing is correct if it sells or not.  Took 2 auctions to sell the vette.

wow a guy that didn't even sit in the driver's seat...now that's the kind of guy i'd want to have my car.   :eyes:  if money is the ultimate goal here, why not just take the first $35k offer that comes along and be done with it. i highly doubt you're going to find a passionate buyer that loves the car AND is willing to pay $35k for the car, i know you have more in it, but $35k is a LOT of money in this economy, R/T SE or not.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

1969chargerrtse

If it doesn't sell on eBay and the few to view it were just fluffing me up, then I'll think about keeping it or making a few calls.  if you saw the car you guys wouldn't saying what you're saying.  It's worth 35 easy all day if you saw and drove the car.  There are many many people that do not care about numbers and colors, etc.  Surprised at the comments. The first guy told me the A/C, tag, and numbers were not an issue and the car was better than he thought.  Not worried.  The second guy has a 60K RR and said the car was priced very well. Worst case I keep it.

Here's a real funny story, and point.  The 60K RR guy said all he saw on my thread was the first page about how the car sucked, he didn't know there were other pages?  AND HE CAME TO SEE THE CAR!!

And rain maker, didn't you value your car around 50k?  At one time anyway. So if yours is near 50. Mines not worth 35?  I have one beautiful car my friend.

Last. If this car sells, this is a great thing for all Mopar lovers that Dodge Chargers in appealing shape still bring the bucks, paperwork numbers or not. " If ". Yeah that's a big if.  :icon_smile_big:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 11:51:15 AM
If it doesn't sell on eBay and the few to view it were just fluffing me up, then I'll think about keeping it or making a few calls.  if you saw the car you guys wouldn't saying what you're saying.  It's worth 35 easy all day if you saw and drove the car.  There are many many people that do not care about numbers and colors, etc.  Surprised at the comments. The first guy told me the A/C, tag, and numbers were not an issue and the car was better than he thought.  Not worried.  The second guy has a 60K RR and said the car was priced very well. Worst case I keep it.

Here's a real funny story, and point.  The 60K RR guy said all he saw on my thread was the first page about how the car sucked, he didn't know there were other pages?  AND HE CAME TO SEE THE CAR!!

And rain maker, didn't you value your car around 50k?  At one time anyway. So if yours is near 50. Mines not worth 35?  I have one beautiful car my friend.

What are you surprised at Rob?  Reality?  Your car is not #'s matching, a color change, no real tag, no broadcast sheet etc.  Nothing to prove its "pedigree"
Like I said YOUR buyer is someone that doesnt know about Mopars for an "investment". Because like yourself, one day they will have to get out of the car & one of the hard & true ways to make their money back is to buy a car that has all the things going for it that your car doesnt have.
Your car is a very nice ride that Im sure is very presentable BUT for a TRUE investment Mopar guy it isnt a 35k car....sorry but that is the truth IMHO
Dont take this the wrong way..I hope you get the 35k.......

That just means mine is worth 50k :nana: 

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Yeah no problem. To me it's worth 35 anyway and if others don't think so and I'm living in fantasy land then that's ok because it is such a solid beauty I have no issue keeping it.  I was just looking for a little change. I've been a pro at this for over 40 years. I've owned the rare of the rarest. If I'm wrong, wow. I'm losing my touch. When I see that car, 35 all day long.
And your car is awesome. Original orange car?  :nana:

If my car doesn't sell I'm gonna put a black top on it, 440 hood decals, buy all the models, T shirts, puzzles, calendars, stuff I can find and relist it.  :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 16, 2012, 12:52:30 PM
Yeah no problem. To me it's worth 35 anyway and if others don't think so and I'm living in fantasy land then that's ok because it is such a solid beauty I have no issue keeping it.  I was just looking for a little change. I've been a pro at this for over 40 years. I've owned the rare of the rarest. If I'm wrong, wow. I'm losing my touch. When I see that car, 35 all day long.
And your car is awesome. Original orange car?  :nana:

If my car doesn't sell I'm gonna put a black top on it, 440 hood decals, buy all the models, T shirts, puzzles, calendars, stuff I can find and relist it.  :icon_smile_big:

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Chris you should get close to $50K just in royalties, your car is published more than that other orange Charger!!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Chris G.

I've been a pro at this for over 40 years. If I'm wrong, wow. I'm losing my touch.

What kind of "pro" wants to sell for 35K after investing 15K plus into it? You're losing 10K on it. Sounds like you never had a touch.

And how can YOU prove every option on the car is original (according to your auction)? You bought it 5 years ago. The car was built in 1968/1969, restored or semi restored several times. There's no possible way you could ever prove any of that.

Having said that, I could see it selling for 30K. Your target selling crowd is a group that want a flashy/nice car that is ready to go. 35K could happen...you never know. A true collector wouldn't even blink at it (as they wouldn't at my car).

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Chris G. on June 16, 2012, 04:01:02 PM
I've been a pro at this for over 40 years. If I'm wrong, wow. I'm losing my touch.

What kind of "pro" wants to sell for 35K after investing 15K plus into it? You're losing 10K on it. Sounds like you never had a touch.

And how can YOU prove every option on the car is original (according to your auction)? You bought it 5 years ago. The car was built in 1968/1969, restored or semi restored several times. There's no possible way you could ever prove any of that.

Having said that, I could see it selling for 30K. Your target selling crowd is a group that want a flashy/nice car that is ready to go. 35K could happen...you never know. A true collector wouldn't even blink at it (as they wouldn't at my car).
It's not my fault the market changed big time?  I can prove every option on the car very easy.  Ready?  Real R/T?  Yes Vin matches radiator support and trunk lip. SE?  Yes, I pulled the sail panel and the original 2 holes for the SE only emblem are there. A/C car ?  Yes original firewall with fan in it. Power windows?  Yes windows have original plastic and black masking tape on them. Power steering?  not sure how to prove that?  Don't care.  Power disk brakes, Original lines under front of car with diverter block proving at least disk brakes.  
Not for nothing you have been breaking my balls since the day I got the car, go back to my first threads and the things you were saying to me after the loses I was going through were not needed.   Please if there's nothing positive and nice to say, don't say it.
I'm glad you think It's worth 30.  But if you saw it in person and saw my skill and the deatail work I did, you'd say 35.  The first looker said the interior was better than what he thought, and look at the pictures.