News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Thanks guys, and as for you Paul, it's not for sale to be a GL clone. Daytona maybe?  Thought that a few times myself.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 15, 2012, 06:06:13 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 05:04:36 AM
Quote from: hemi-hampton on June 15, 2012, 01:00:14 AM
I had a unrestored original car for sale. You should of seen all the people I had to deal with, complaining about chips, nicks scratches, door dings. People thought it should be a mint showcar if unrestored original. LEON.
Yeah these are the things that keep me up at night.  The paint is real good but there are a flaw or two.  I just keep telling myself I bought It with some of those flaws and survived.  Also I'm not asking 50k.  My reserve is exactly what I believe it's worth.  The guy that came yesterday loved what he saw so, but I dread the idiots soon to follow.  You never know?  You think you could get better for less?  Good luck.  

40 year old car and you do drive instead of just hide it away. I was I gonna buy it I would expect it the nicks and what not. All I would care about is it mechnically driveable etc...other than that you have a awesome car.
The neat thing is that it's base coat/clear coat. When I touched up the trunk to add the correct stripe I blended in an area. You will not find it. So point being anywhere someone wants to touch up would be cheap and easy. Trust me it's not perfect but few would be disappointed. Someone's coming tomorrow that already asked a bunch of questions. Help. And he's bringing his wife who wants to check it out. Help help.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

cdr

put some BETTY BOOP seat covers on it,she'll buy it :smilielol:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 09:24:17 AM
Thanks guys, and as for you Paul, it's not for sale to be a GL clone. Daytona maybe?  Thought that a few times myself.

No GL.....Dirty Mary Crazy Larry,I already have the rims !!!!! Or add a vinyl top,painted dog dish rims and engine call-out decals on the hood,go pull off a bank robbery,paint a diff color,sit back here and watch the fun !!!!!!

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 14, 2012, 03:50:09 PM
]Gonna be a hard to find. 2002 RED WS6 Trans Am convertible 6 speed. Already researched the numbers. Better luck finding a loaded triple black R/TSE  

It is surprising when you look at newer "muscle car production figures"

I was bent on getting another fox body mustang LX coupe 5.0L(87-93). To my surprise the most populer year sales were only 8000. With the amount of them around i figured there must have been 20,000 per year.

I had to have a dark emerald green notchback which was only available 90-92
90 there were less than 10 built
91 ~545
92 ~850

I thought it would be tough to find. I've seen 5 for sale over the last 6 weeks in ontario/quebec. Goin to pick up the little machine in a couple weeks.

Dunno what happened but there were like what ~40,000 r/t chargers 68-70 and I can count on 1 hand how many are left here in quebec.
Sure the chargers are another 20 years older, but still. I don't recall  chargers being everywhere back in the early 90's

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 15, 2012, 11:22:14 AM
]Gonna be a hard to find. 2002 RED WS6 Trans Am convertible 6 speed. Already researched the numbers. Better luck finding a loaded triple black R/TSE  

I was bent on getting another fox body mustang LX coupe 5.0L(87-93). To my surprise the most populer year sales were only 8000. With the amount of them around i figured there must have been 20,000 per year.

91 ~545
92 ~850

I thought it would be tough to find. I've seen 5 for sale over the last 6 weeks in ontario/quebec. Goin to pick up the little machine in a couple weeks.

Dunno what happened but there were like what ~40,000 r/t chargers 68-70 and I can count on 1 hand how many are left here in quebec.
Sure the chargers are another 20 years older, but still. I don't recall  chargers being everywhere back in the early 90's
Well unless I have it wrong I read only 205 Red Trans Am WS6 verts were made. 70 were 6 speeds. That's rare. That's what I want.

Dino

I have different numbers, still on the low side though

Depending on the source there were either 119 or 121 red WS6 convertibles made with the 6 speed manual. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 11:26:12 AM

91 ~545
92 ~850

Well unless I have it wrong I read only 205 Red Trans Am WS6 verts were made. 70 were 6 speeds. That's rare. That's what I want.

have you located one yet and have it on hold? just wondering how easy it will be to attain the ideal car your looking to buy? also miledge, condition? how much will you bend?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

Since you won't drive it in the rain, I have a coupe and a hacksaw!   :D

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 11:26:12 AM

91 ~545
92 ~850

Here is 2 to choose from

oops 2nd one is an auto

http://gtcarlot.com/car/2974207

http://cars.trovit.com/index.php/cod.frame/url.http%253A%252F%252Fwww.dealsonwheels.com%252Fdetail%252F2002_PONTIAC_TRANS_AM%252F00672928E75.aspx/id_ad.1a1oR1V1q1i1Vl/type./what.trans%20am%20ws6%20convertible/pos.7/org.1/pop.1/publisher_id./referer_id.1/t.1

another auto 14k

http://annarbor.craigslist.org/cto/3014523416.html

another auto 22k

http://halifax.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-2002-Pontiac-Trans-Am-WS6-Convertible-W0QQAdIdZ380096022

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2012, 11:33:27 AM
I have different numbers, still on the low side though

Depending on the source there were either 119 or 121 red WS6 convertibles made with the 6 speed manual. 

Yeah this site said 119 also. I'll look up the other site later. I don't want it to be to rare. Cost more.

http://www.transamworld.com/2002-ta-prod.php

1969chargerrtse

I wish the link to the red vert was a 6 speed. Until I sell my car I'm not looking. No more than 20k. Gotta sell the old car first. Miles under 50k would be sweet. You know everyone wants it, but no one buys it. That's a minor concern.

Dino

Shouldn't be a problem finding one under $20K.  That's probably a grand or two more than what ours is worth and it only has 25K miles on it.

I forgot to mention that a few years ago it had a small underhood fire.  It barely left any soot on the underside of the hood but it was pretty scary!  Turned out that one of the electrical modules right next to the brake hydraulic lines had melted.  Pontiac fixed it with no cost to us as they were aware that happened on these cars.  I believe it was a $2500 repair.  Be sure to check it for burn spots.  This is not our car but it shows the module that caught fire. 

Old Tired Rebel

Hate to see you sell that beautiful Charger,but I understand your reason to sell. Good Luck selling it.

1969chargerrtse

Wow on the fire. Many thanks Cliff. One step at a time. Can't justify such a car for nothing more than a coffe run.

Dino

I'm sure it's not all that common or we would have seen a recall but it's good to know so you can keep an eye on it.  The Pontiac mechanic asked me if I had jump started it recently and I said I did because it was in storage without a battery trickle charger.  He said that probably did it so be careful.  When it happened the dash lit up like a christmas tree as well. 
Like anything else, if it sits more than it runs you may have a problem or two.  The parking light bulbs also don't last, I have to install yet another tonight.  I think this is the fourth so far.  Don't want to discourage you or anything but I figure you'd want to hear the bad as well.

If you look you'll find a lot of people that had the rear axle break, apparently they're not the best.  Ours may have low mileage but my wife will floor it in 3 gears and so far nothing has blown apart.  When I changed out the muffler a few weeks ago I did notice that the entire axle is covered in rust, seems like they just left it bare from the factory.  Everything else, including exhaust pipes looked like new though.

All in we would have very few complaints and many many pros, it truly is a fun car to drive, be it fast or slow.

moparstuart

I figured he would be buying a VOLT with his profits from sell .  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Troy

Quote from: moparstuart on June 15, 2012, 01:11:26 PM
I figured he would be buying a VOLT with his profits from sell .  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
The Volt costs more than the Charger... ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2012, 01:07:29 PM
I'm sure it's not all that common or we would have seen a recall but it's good to know so you can keep an eye on it.  The Pontiac mechanic asked me if I had jump started it recently and I said I did because it was in storage without a battery trickle charger.  He said that probably did it so be careful.  When it happened the dash lit up like a christmas tree as well. 
Like anything else, if it sits more than it runs you may have a problem or two.  The parking light bulbs also don't last, I have to install yet another tonight.  I think this is the fourth so far.  Don't want to discourage you or anything but I figure you'd want to hear the bad as well.

If you look you'll find a lot of people that had the rear axle break, apparently they're not the best.  Ours may have low mileage but my wife will floor it in 3 gears and so far nothing has blown apart.  When I changed out the muffler a few weeks ago I did notice that the entire axle is covered in rust, seems like they just left it bare from the factory.  Everything else, including exhaust pipes looked like new though.

All in we would have very few complaints and many many pros, it truly is a fun car to drive, be it fast or slow.
I heard nothing but praise by owners. Look what I went through with the Charger. I can handle it.

1969chargerrtse

No Volt for me. I just thought the technology was cool.

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 01:59:24 PM

I heard nothing but praise by owners. Look what I went through with the Charger. I can handle it.

Lol, I have no doubt you can handle it.  Yeah praise from me and my wife as well.  Except for the fiire mishap the car's been real good.  I saw one in white this morning, that looked pretty friggin' awesome as well but there's something about a red T/A.
You'll love the car, I have no doubt about that.  The one problem I have from time to time is getting out, especially if oyu don't have much room to open the door..  My knee acts up from time to time due to an accident when I was young and the seat is pretty low.

nvrbdn

my son in law and daughter had a silver  (hard top?)  they really enjoyed it, but as younguns they go through vehicles fast. it went down the road so they could get their 3/4 ton deisel truck to pull their camper with. i did think it was sharp though. your convert will be sweet. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 15, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 15, 2012, 01:59:24 PM
I'm sure it's not all that common or we would have seen a recall but it's good to know so you can keep an eye on it.  The Pontiac mechanic asked me if I had jump started it recently and I said I did because it was in storage without a battery trickle charger.  He said that probably did it so be careful.  When it happened the dash lit up like a christmas tree as well.  
Like anything else, if it sits more than it runs you may have a problem or two.  The parking light bulbs also don't last, I have to install yet another tonight.  I think this is the fourth so far.  Don't want to discourage you or anything but I figure you'd want to hear the bad as well.

If you look you'll find a lot of people that had the rear axle break, apparently they're not the best.  Ours may have low mileage but my wife will floor it in 3 gears and so far nothing has blown apart.  When I changed out the muffler a few weeks ago I did notice that the entire axle is covered in rust, seems like they just left it bare from the factory.  Everything else, including exhaust pipes looked like new though.

Lol, I have no doubt you can handle it.  Yeah praise from me and my wife as well.  Except for the fiire mishap the car's been real good.  I saw one in white this morning, that looked pretty friggin' awesome as well but there's something about a red T/A.
You'll love the car, I have no doubt about that.  The one problem I have from time to time is getting out, especially if oyu don't have much room to open the door..  My knee acts up from time to time due to an accident when I was young and the seat is pretty low.
I just saw a bright red formula drive by me. That thing lit up the road like the Charger in the sun. I sold a 72 vette to buy the Charger. I tucked and rolled out of that just fine. Always with a smile on my face.

TUFCAT

I just thought of sumthin'....if you give up coffee runs, you wouldn't need a Charger or Trans Am! :D

PocketThunder

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 15, 2012, 03:37:28 PM
I just thought of sumthin'....if you give up coffee runs, you wouldn't need a Charger or Trans Am! :D

Or just buy a coffee maker and put it on the kitchen counter!   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."