News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 12, 2012, 06:25:36 PM
Uh oh,....maybe you should've put $40k out there?  :scratchchin:

Handling charge?   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:05:43 PM

No deposit yet.  :shruggy:
[/quote]

Well, there's one problem.. I'd have to sell the 500 1st... Between the Daytona and 500 not selling, I think God wants me to keep these..  :scratchchin:

I'm still in pursuit of the other Daytona, but who knows, maybe I'll paint my 500 T7 and convert it to a 4speed and make it look like my former 500 Dana..

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 12, 2012, 06:25:36 PM
Uh oh,....maybe you should've put $40k out there?  :scratchchin:
I'm one of those rare types of people that want a fair price. I know cars and prices well. If someone on this site wants it for 35 that's ok with me. If not I'll list it and maybe get more, maybe get less?  I really want someone who just chokes up owning one of these like I did.  I can't tell you how many times I passed the garage feeling like the luckyest guy in the world owning a 69 Charger R/T.     But!
Time to move on.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 06:19:07 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:08:09 PM
Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 05:13:31 PM
My wife has an '02 Trans am WS6 with manual 6 speed in red, it's a pretty fast car and with 6 gears you can cruise at seriously low rpm.  I just swapped the muffler for a Magnaflow because unless you open it up it's fairly quiet.  Yes it's pretty comfy and safer than a Charger but you'll get used to it as anything else.  Great car but it doesn't give you the feeling a classic does imo.  That said, if you're tired of the Charger then all of this is academic.  Sell the Charger, get a ws6.  It is a truly great car to drive, no issues there.
A) Conv? She wanna sell it?  B) Pictures or you're making it up.  :icon_smile_big:

Not a convertable no, T-tops.  I don't think she's burning to sell it but she may let it go for a big block Chevelle!   :icon_smile_big:

Only pics I have on this pc:

Those pics prove the TA is just as cool looking as an old muscle car to me. Gotta be a Ram Air drop top for me. The only thing I'll sway on is auto/standard. I can go either way.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:45:53 PM
Time to move on.

I've thought about that too.. Everything for a GSX and a GNX..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

charger_fan_4ever

Wow read the resto thread you and the car have quite the history that started off on the wrong foot. Talk about a bad ebay experience. The seller is lucky you didn't hunt him down and go ape chit on him.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 12, 2012, 06:49:27 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:45:53 PM
Time to move on.

I've thought about that too.. Everything for a GSX and a GNX..
Yeah as stated before I've always had a muscle car convertible.  I gave that up for the charger but............

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:49:00 PM
My wife has an '02 Trans am WS6 with manual 6 speed in red, it's a pretty fast car and with 6 gears you can cruise at seriously low rpm.  I just swapped the muffler for a Magnaflow because unless you open it up it's fairly quiet.  Yes it's pretty comfy and safer than a Charger but you'll get used to it as anything else.  Great car but it doesn't give you the feeling a classic does imo.  That said, if you're tired of the Charger then all of this is academic.  Sell the Charger, get a ws6.  It is a truly great car to drive, no issues there.
A) Conv? She wanna sell it?  B) Pictures or you're making it up.  :icon_smile_big:

Not a convertable no, T-tops.  I don't think she's burning to sell it but she may let it go for a big block Chevelle!   :icon_smile_big:

Those pics prove the TA is just as cool looking as an old muscle car to me. Gotta be a Ram Air drop top for me. The only thing I'll sway on is auto/standard. I can go either way.

I don't like converts in general but feel that the soft top on a T/A is not the best looking.  It's like a Charger without a roof.  The Hardtop T/A looks good and when you remove the T tops you almost have a convert!  By the way, the t tops leak a bit and the dealer pretty much said that's how they are and there's nothing they can do about it so the convertible top may be pretty bad.  

I can get you some more pics later this week if you like.

Unless you have a bum knee, don't even think about the auto, that T56 trans is awesome!  

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 12, 2012, 06:54:38 PM
Wow read the resto thread you and the car have quite the history that started off on the wrong foot. Talk about a bad ebay experience. The seller is lucky you didn't hunt him down and go ape chit on him.
I got him to give me 2k back when the motor blew.  It was worth it because what was in there was a truck motor.  Now theres a Nov 68 cast date 440 in my Nov 68 build car.  That was by luck only.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 06:55:30 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:49:00 PM

I don't like converts in general but feel that the soft top on a T/A is not the best looking.  It's like a Charger without a roof.  The Hardtop T/A looks good and when you remove the T tops you almost have a convert!  By the way, the t tops leak a bit and the dealer pretty much said that's how they are and there's nothing they can do about it so the convertible top may be pretty bad.  

I can get you some more pics later this week if you like.

Unless you have a bum knee, don't even think about the auto, that T56 trans is awesome!  
I'll keep the 6 speed in mind.  Top has to go down, rain is not an issue as It wont be in any.

Dino

Fair enough!  You know what you want, I admire that.

Now on a different note...you're gonna stick around here regardless right?  The LS1 site is not as much fun.   :icon_smile_big:

Ghoste

Yes, if only to needle us about the Volt. ;) :lol:

bakerhillpins

:'(

Really not my favorite year of T/A regardless of how it drives, but it ain't going in my garage. Hope you stick around!  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

TheGhost

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 12, 2012, 03:10:58 PM

Whats the "newest" car you can think of that is worth more now then it was sold new ? Anything post 74 ?

87 GNX comes to mind.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

StoneCold

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 07:06:26 PM
Fair enough!  You know what you want, I admire that.

Now on a different note...you're gonna stick around here regardless right?  The LS1 site is not as much fun.   :icon_smile_big:
Yes I am. Thanks for asking. 69 Chargers and the friends I made here are important to me. I just have change my avatar.  :'(

Darkman

That collage of pictures you have on the previous page, get that blown up and hang it in your garage or even living room! That is more than enough for a memory. Walking past it will give you more of a smile than the car itself. Sell the Charger, by the T/A, side the house and enjoy life with the top down!  :2thumbs:
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Darkman on June 12, 2012, 09:05:43 PM
That collage of pictures you have on the previous page, get that blown up and hang it in your garage or even living room! That is more than enough for a memory. Walking past it will give you more of a smile than the car itself. Sell the Charger, by the T/A, side the house and enjoy life with the top down!  :2thumbs:
Dude that's spot on awesome!  Thanks.

Vainglory, Esq.

I can't believe all you're asking is 35k. I can't believe that no one's put a deposit down yet. If I had the cash, etc.

Sometimes, I just shake my head at this world...

1969chargerrtse

Thanks but were in hard times now so prices are down.  Also it's not numbers matching and I don't have a build sheet or correct fender tag.  So in the shape it's in and the options it has, to me 35k is what I feel it's worth even though I have lot's more in it.

RIDELIKEHELL

If I didn't have so much in to my car I'd buy it  :scratchchin:
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on June 13, 2012, 06:12:26 AM
Aahh.  You already have one.

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 13, 2012, 06:54:57 AM
Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on June 13, 2012, 06:12:26 AM
Aahh.  You already have one.

A 68 but I'd love a 69 & a 70  ;)
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

rick.d

You gotta be kidding!!??? No way in hell i would sell that Charger for the reasons you listed.
I mean the market is down, so people are probally going to play that game on you, and when you buy the Pontiac, all of a sudden its priced kind of high?
Its your choice, but your gonna regret it. If you were my parent i would never let you sell that to pay for my college. Get rid of the kids first.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: rick.d on June 13, 2012, 07:54:15 AM
You gotta be kidding!!??? No way in hell i would sell that Charger for the reasons you listed.
I mean the market is down, so people are probally going to play that game on you, and when you buy the Pontiac, all of a sudden its priced kind of high?
Its your choice, but your gonna regret it. If you were my parent i would never let you sell that to pay for my college. Get rid of the kids first.
The basic reasons listed are I've had my pain and fun with the car and I'd like to move on.  I use it to little to justify having it sit when I can buy a newer fun car and side my house. When college bills roll in 2 years from now, the 35,000.00 sitting Charger wont be an issue.  I can then fire up the TA and roar down the road with the top down and blasting the radio.  I'm comfortable with my decision.