News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 12:11:27 PM
Did you feel the same way about the ones you had before?  That is, that you wouldn't sell them.
Oh god yes. But this was/is the only one I called my soul mate, my life long dream. Stuff happens. Haven't sold it yet.  
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

HeavyFuel

Life is short.....nothing wrong with trying new things. :cheers:

These are some of the cars my brother has had in the last 10-15 years; I can't remember them all, he changes about every 15 months.

Current ride:  Plymouth Prowler

Before that:
'92 Vette
Dodge A100 pickup
Porsche Boxter
BMW M coupe
Porsche 911
Mazda Miata
VW Beetle
VW GTI

charger_fan_4ever

I think the collector car days are behind us. Seemed to stop in 1974ish. Like ghoste said anything you buy now don't expect it to be worth what a 70 hemi cuda is in 50 years from now. The SRT challenger for sale ads make me laugh. Stored up on blocks since new always covered ect. The cars are not even 5 years old and trying to be sold as rare collector cars. Please...

Whats the "newest" car you can think of that is worth more now then it was sold new ? Anything post 74 ?

Back to the OP. I think your mind is made up you know what you have to do.  :2thumbs:

JT01

I just bought a 99 SS Hugger Orange only 2,500 miles on it but I still have my 69 Charger It is nice having something newer with lots of power. this car is one of 375 hugger orange ones built and its 1 of 1 built as a base model no power windows or anything like that was ordered with all the SLP Performance options. Its a blast to drive. It has some add ons had it on the dyno 376 HP at the rear tires.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: JT01 on June 12, 2012, 03:12:46 PM
I just bought a 99 SS Hugger Orange only 2,500 miles on it but I still have my 69 Charger It is nice having something newer with lots of power. this car is one of 375 hugger orange ones built and its 1 of 1 built as a base model no power windows or anything like that was ordered with all the SLP Performance options. Its a blast to drive. It has some add ons had it on the dyno 376 HP at the rear tires.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

Sweet.

If i had an F body it would have to be a orange or black camaro.

Ghoste

There are some post 74's that have gone up.  We just sold a 2005 Ford GT for 242k, thats not a bad return.

resq302

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 03:24:08 PM
There are some post 74's that have gone up.  We just sold a 2005 Ford GT for 242k, thats not a bad return.

I really hope you mean a GT40 and not a GT mustang.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Ghoste

Sublime/Sixpack

If the only reason you own a 2nd Gen. Charger is to make coffee runs, then by all means SELL IT! It's not for you.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

TUFCAT

WOW! This was hard pill to swallow when I first read it...but I agree with Rob.  :icon_smile_wink:

I love those Trans Ams!  :2thumbs: and I agree with others that he'll miss his Charger once its gone,

but...  :scratchchin:

there's nothing wrong with selling a car to help finance important family expenses like kids education.  :yesnod:

I'd hate to see it go. Luckily it's an extremely well sorted out machine that should bring "all the money"  :yesnod: Good Luck! :cheers:

resq302

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 03:31:17 PM
Yes, lol, not the Mustang. :lol:

Whew!  Ok.   :lol:  Was begining to wonder if the world was starting to get real crazy prices for cars again!   :smilielol:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jaak

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on June 12, 2012, 01:10:57 PM

What is a nice 1982 T/A worth now? 

What is a nice 1992 T/A worth now?  ....

That's an apples/oranges comparison. I'm not a GM guy, but the WS6's are very nice cars and hold great resale value now. I worked at a Pontiac dealership 10 years ago and did pre-delivery inspections on several WS6's. My favorite was a black convert, 6 speed. Awesome car!

Good luck Rob,

Jason

Dino

My wife has an '02 Trans am WS6 with manual 6 speed in red, it's a pretty fast car and with 6 gears you can cruise at seriously low rpm.  I just swapped the muffler for a Magnaflow because unless you open it up it's fairly quiet.  Yes it's pretty comfy and safer than a Charger but you'll get used to it as anything else.  Great car but it doesn't give you the feeling a classic does imo.  That said, if you're tired of the Charger then all of this is academic.  Sell the Charger, get a ws6.  It is a truly great car to drive, no issues there.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

Quote from: cdr on June 11, 2012, 08:08:33 PM
if you do have to get one, put sub frame connectors on it the day you get it,that will help it from becoming a total piece of crap after it gets some miles on it

You can't compare an 85 to an 02, world of difference.  The car is plenty stiff, no need for any mods.

tan top

Quote from: JT01 on June 12, 2012, 03:12:46 PM

nice  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

cdr

Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 05:14:37 PM
if you do have to get one, put sub frame connectors on it the day you get it,that will help it from becoming a total piece of crap after it gets some miles on it

You can't compare an 85 to an 02, world of difference.  The car is plenty stiff, no need for any mods.
put them side by side on a rack,they are almost identical,rear end is a little wider,front suspension is different,uni body is pretty much the same 
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Dino

Quote from: cdr on June 12, 2012, 05:34:39 PM
Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 05:14:37 PM

put them side by side on a rack,they are almost identical,rear end is a little wider,front suspension is different,uni body is pretty much the same 

Good to know!  I drove one of those 80's Firebirds and it was nothing like my wife's T/A.  Maybe it was just worn, the T/A is about to hit 25K miles.   :icon_smile_big:

1969chargerrtse

I have a serious buyer for the 35k I'm asking on this site with some others soon to call.  I hate to do this but first deposit for the car gets it, but I want you to come see and drive the car. :'(  I want to be 100% honest with the car so please see my restoration thread.  I'm in Bethany Ct. 203-558-7431 if serious. Thanks Rob.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34954.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on June 12, 2012, 05:13:31 PM
My wife has an '02 Trans am WS6 with manual 6 speed in red, it's a pretty fast car and with 6 gears you can cruise at seriously low rpm.  I just swapped the muffler for a Magnaflow because unless you open it up it's fairly quiet.  Yes it's pretty comfy and safer than a Charger but you'll get used to it as anything else.  Great car but it doesn't give you the feeling a classic does imo.  That said, if you're tired of the Charger then all of this is academic.  Sell the Charger, get a ws6.  It is a truly great car to drive, no issues there.
Perfect. Just how I feel. No ones saying I'll never own another.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 12, 2012, 04:20:37 PM
WOW! This was hard pill to swallow when I first read it...but I agree with Rob.  :icon_smile_wink:

I love those Trans Ams!  :2thumbs: and I agree with others that he'll miss his Charger once its gone,

but...  :scratchchin:

there's nothing wrong with selling a car to help finance important family expenses like kids education.  :yesnod:

I'd hate to see it go. Luckily it's an extremely well sorted out machine that should bring "all the money"  :yesnod: Good Luck! :cheers:
Thanks buddy.  I miss the vette, but I survived.

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:00:32 PM
I have a serious buyer for the 35k I'm asking on this site with some others soon to call.  I hate to do this but first deposit for the car gets it, but I want you to come see and drive the car. :'(  I want to be 100% honest with the car so please see my restoration thread.

That didn't take long.............. One less R/T to consider.....  :lol:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: hemi68charger on June 12, 2012, 06:04:13 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:00:32 PM
I have a serious buyer for the 35k I'm asking on this site with some others soon to call.  I hate to do this but first deposit for the car gets it, but I want you to come see and drive the car. :'(  I want to be 100% honest with the car so please see my restoration thread.

That didn't take long.............. One less R/T to consider.....  :lol:
No deposit yet.  :shruggy:

1969chargerrtse

A) Conv? She wanna sell it?  B) Pictures or you're making it up.  :icon_smile_big:

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 12, 2012, 06:08:09 PM
A) Conv? She wanna sell it?  B) Pictures or you're making it up.  :icon_smile_big:

Not a convertable no, T-tops.  I don't think she's burning to sell it but she may let it go for a big block Chevelle!   :icon_smile_big:

Only pics I have on this pc:

TUFCAT

Uh oh,....maybe you should've put $40k out there?  :scratchchin: