News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

The Saturn isn't going to get you much room in the car.  Get the TA rag you want.  They're out there.... Sometimes the search is the fun part. 
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

myk

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 13, 2012, 11:12:46 PM
The Saturn isn't going to get you much room in the car.  Get the TA rag you want.  They're out there.... Sometimes the search is the fun part. 

They're out there and they're cheap-I bet he could pick up a low mileage, gently used unit for 15K TOPS...

1969chargerrtse

The Saturn isn't going to get you much room in the car.  Get the TA rag you want.  They're out there.... Sometimes the search is the fun part.  
I just don't know if I want a F body V8 Gm car anymore?.  Things like the doors being so long the plastic trim cracks length wise on the door, or one guy saying how he replaced his headlamp motor plastic gears with brass ones because the plastic ones break, makes me think the Saturn would be newer, great on gas and sporty.  It's my fun car like the Charger was so 2 seats works, I drove the Charger alone 99% of the time.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on July 13, 2012, 11:56:03 PM

They're out there and they're cheap-I bet he could pick up a low mileage, gently used unit for 15K TOPS...
I've looked and looked. Low miles with ram air etc go for 20k+.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Dino

The WS6 ram air holds its value a little better than the plain ones.  The build quality on the T/A is typical GM, the Saturn is not going to be better though. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

myk

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 14, 2012, 06:12:57 AM

Jesus really?  Are you looking in California?  Maybe I spend too much time on LS1tech.com because over there it's generally accepted that these cars are pretty worthless.  I will say that when I was looking for mine in '07 the WS6's with their fake ram-air typically fetched $5K or so more...

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: myk on July 14, 2012, 06:34:29 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 14, 2012, 06:12:57 AM

Jesus really?  Are you looking in California?  Maybe I spend too much time on LS1tech.com because over there it's generally accepted that these cars are pretty worthless.  I will say that when I was looking for mine in '07 the WS6's with their fake ram-air typically fetched $5K or so more...
Why is the ram air considered fake?  There's an opening in the front air box?

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: crankypat on July 13, 2012, 10:38:01 PM
  if i can ask..... where in city in  wi  did your car go? :popcrn: :popcrn:
Hasn't gone yet, but White water.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Dino on July 14, 2012, 06:20:17 AM
The WS6 ram air holds its value a little better than the plain ones.  The build quality on the T/A is typical GM, the Saturn is not going to be better though. 
Haven't heard any negatives about the sky yet, and I've read info about some with over 100k on them with no issues.  For my short runs it'll be fine.

1970Moparmann

I was looking briefly at 99 Camaro SS convertibles and found many for around $15k - most low mileage.  This could be another option.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on July 14, 2012, 07:59:58 AM
I was looking briefly at 99 Camaro SS convertibles and found many for around $15k - most low mileage.  This could be another option.
Even though I've owned many early Camaro's I just don't care for the last model's.  I like the hideaways and funky huge Ram air hood of the TA.  I'm just worried it'll be a clunky old GM pony car.  The Sky seems tight and solid to me.

Charger-Bodie

just get some cheap low mileage survivor type car. Like that Regal Paul has. NICE dependle car for very little money. Best part is your still in the game and you have even more money left over.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 14, 2012, 08:46:40 AM
just get some cheap low mileage survivor type car. Like that Regal Paul has. NICE dependle car for very little money. Best part is your still in the game and you have even more money left over.

True Brian,lots of enjoyment so far from the Regal for not alot of $$$ out for it.I have driven that one the most so far in the past couple years.And not nervous or paranoid where I park it.Awesome comfy ride,great MPG's,AM/FM,PW,welcome at cruise nights,and ice cold A/C !!!!

Rob,congrats finally on sale,be sure of what you want to buy,you were so dead set on the T/A,so surprised you ditched that already.

Dino

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 14, 2012, 08:20:42 AM
Even though I've owned many early Camaro's I just don't care for the last model's.  I like the hideaways and funky huge Ram air hood of the TA.  I'm just worried it'll be a clunky old GM pony car.  The Sky seems tight and solid to me.

I don't think the T/A is that bad, although we may just be lucky with the one we have.  It surely was the best power to cost ratio out there.  The WS6 is no slouch! 

The ram air is fake because it does not mate with the open box, there's a kit for it to make it a true ram air though.  Nonetheless it'll get you to 60 within 5 seconds which is never a bad thing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Dino on July 14, 2012, 12:28:26 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 14, 2012, 08:20:42 AM

I don't think the T/A is that bad, although we may just be lucky with the one we have.  It surely was the best power to cost ratio out there.  The WS6 is no slouch! 

The ram air is fake because it does not mate with the open box, there's a kit for it to make it a true ram air though.  Nonetheless it'll get you to 60 within 5 seconds which is never a bad thing.

I still prefer the T/A's,........ with a six cylinder !!!! :D But not offered in convertable,just T-tops.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on July 14, 2012, 09:40:58 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on July 14, 2012, 08:46:40 AM
just get some cheap low mileage survivor type car. Like that Regal Paul has. NICE dependable car for very little money. Best part is your still in the game and you have even more money left over.

True Brian,lots of enjoyment so far from the Regal for not alot of $$$ out for it.I have driven that one the most so far in the past couple years.And not nervous or paranoid where I park it.Awesome comfy ride,great MPG's,AM/FM,PW,welcome at cruise nights,and ice cold A/C !!!!

Rob,congrats finally on sale,be sure of what you want to buy,you were so dead set on the T/A,so surprised you ditched that already.
The Buick sounds great!  Is the top power or do I have to pull it up?

Well, a car man I am.  What's that mean?  I don't know what the hell I want? :icon_smile_big: I was picking my daughter up from Cheer when I saw this awesome black TA in a guys garage.  Being me, I stopped in to ask him about it.  No problems and a blast to drive.  He has 45k on it.  He found it to be solid and reliable. SO WERE BACK TO A TA VERT!!!! :boogie:

TUFCAT

bill440rt

I'd find it freaky if some stranger walked up to my house & took pictures inside my garage.  ::)
Just sayin'...

Good luck with your new vehicle choice.  :cheers:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

chargerboy69

Quote from: 440 on July 14, 2012, 02:05:15 PM
I vote the Turbo Buick

I agree.

I had a 86 T-Type a few years back and loved it.  You can not go wrong with a Grand National, they are a great car.  If you consider one, make sure to get a T-top car.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bill440rt on July 14, 2012, 02:54:51 PM
I'd find it freaky if some stranger walked up to my house & took pictures inside my garage.  ::)
Just sayin'...

Ha. I knocked on the door and introduced myself. People with nice cars love the attention. He let me sit in it also.

surmanajaja

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 14, 2012, 02:57:02 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 14, 2012, 02:05:15 PM
I vote the Turbo Buick

I agree.

I had a 86 T-Type a few years back and loved it.  You can not go wrong with a Grand National, they are a great car.  If you consider one, make sure to get a T-top car.

I used to have a piece of s**t malibu 1974,back in 99-01- it smelled funny, but I didnt think too much about it. then I drove in a friends Buick Regal, the first turbo ones, 1983 or so...it smelled the same! is this something anyone else has noticed about vintage Gm, if not then maybe its something Finnish GM put on them when they were new, rust prevention or something...

those buicks drive like old cars, if you like that then ok, but I would really prefer something more contemporary for a fun driver so my vote is on the TA.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 14, 2012, 03:31:56 PM
Just sayin'...

Ha. I knocked on the door and introduced myself. People with nice cars love the attention. He let me sit in it also.
Thats lightweight Connecticut for ya.....In NY you would have been met with a Glock...Just sayin'

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 15, 2012, 02:16:17 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 14, 2012, 03:31:56 PM
I'd find it freaky if some stranger walked up to my house & took pictures inside my garage.  ::)
Just sayin'...

Good luck with your new vehicle choice.  :cheers:
Thats lightweight Connecticut for ya.....In NY you would have been met with a Glock...Just sayin'

;)
Ha that's funny. Kinda. I'm from a small cow town. Around here people love their cars, and love talking about their cars. As far back as I could remember, I'd just walk up to a cool car, and its owner and start sharing stories. When you start with, wow is that your car!  Their face lights up and their all yours.