News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Pretty cool, got calls from Sweden and Australia today.  Most people want to wait until it's over and then work something out.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BananaDan

Quote from: Vainglory, Esq. on June 30, 2012, 07:58:46 PM
Quote from: Cooter on June 29, 2012, 08:25:00 PM
Rob, been a round or two with 'ya in the past, but from what I have went through on Ebay with my own "so-so" car, Sounds ALOT like "Buyer remorse" to me....That being said, ask what you want for it and the hell with the "Wannabees". They are all alike. Think these cars are on every street corner like it's 1970 again.

Had one guy look at my car in person. I stated everything about the car as I built the damn thing and he agreed for the price, he couldn't find another that appeared to look as good. until it came time to buy the car. Then, out comes the little snide remarks about this and that. Buyers remorse is the term I used to his face. He looked shocked that I'd call him out, but I simply told him I understand. You told a couple buddies to look at the car and from the pics they musta told you it "was a "Roach" at that price and you could certainly do better" Right? And now it comes to the money and you don't want to pay out knowing your buddies are gonna think you are some kinda "fool" for paying what they term as "too much" for a "Roach" of a car Correct?

He just looked down at the ground. I knew right then...
Twas only then, I asked him just make sure the next time one of your "buddies" that has the "perfection" car and "Only" paid "X" amount for it, you point out all of it's flaws and tell them how much of a "Fool" they were.  

Sure, who wouldn't want to buy a car for a cheap price that Even Galen Govier himself couldn't complain about, but it simply isn't gonna happen. People think that Money is perfection and if they spend one dime of their perfection, they need fifty dimes of perfection in return....I tell 'em, good luck with that...

What pisses me off the worst is I'll see these types here at a local show with their "New Perfectionist" ride and it looks like sh*t from jumpstreet. I ask them, "Damn man, mine looked alot better than this heap!" and walk away.

Well crap. I agree with Cooter.

I'm going to sign off for tonight, and possibly hit the sauce...

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Mytur Binsdirti

For the love of God, will someone please buy this car just so this 6 month old thread can finally die!!!

bill440rt

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 01, 2012, 08:37:13 PM
For the love of God, will someone please buy this car just so this 6 month old thread can finally die!!!

I've been praying for that every...  single.... day.  :angel:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

1969chargerrtse

Yeah it started June 11th, and then we have to go through those that passed to the one that bought it, and move on to " I'm heading out to see the TA! " etc ......
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on July 01, 2012, 08:56:17 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 01, 2012, 08:37:13 PM

I've been praying for that every...  single.... day.  :angel:

We can't stop now. We're going for the Guiness World Record.  :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

charger_fan_4ever

resq302

is it over?  im not able to get onto ebag now?   :brickwall:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

It ain't over yet.
I have emails asking how can we meet on a price, and that's o.k but I have a guy flying in at the agreed 35, so I hope that works out?  I hate making others wait.  Selling is not fun.

Mytur Binsdirti

Here's the dilemma with your car: Purists won't want it, mainly because of the color change & no fender tag, so now you're left to appeal to those who don't care abut originality. However, the people who are looking at a car like that generally don't care if it's a real R/T (there was a recent thread about it) and very few of those folks don't have the 35 grand to scrape up all at once......although, many of the roaches I see being restored here will eat up 35 grand like nothing. And we all know that it's easier to spend 35 grand a little at a time than all at once.  Not trying to insult anyone here, but that's what I see reading in reading this forum.

My advice; bring it to Carlisle next weekend, throw it in the car corral with a for sale sign on it, and take what ever you can get over 32 grand.   :Twocents:

Edit:  I just saw that you posted ahead of me. Still bring it to Carlisle next weekend!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 02, 2012, 05:22:58 AM
Here's the dilemma with your car: Purists won't want it, mainly because of the color change & no fender tag, so now you're left to appeal to those who don't care abut originality. However, the people who are looking at a car like that generally don't care if it's a real R/T (there was a recent thread about it) and very few of those folks don't have the 35 grand to scrape up all at once......although, many of the roaches I see being restored here will eat up 35 grand like nothing. And we all know that it's easier to spend 35 grand a little at a time than all at once.  Not trying to insult anyone here, but that's what I see reading in reading this forum.

My advice; bring it to Carlisle next weekend, throw it in the car corral with a for sale sign on it, and take what ever you can get over 32 grand.   :Twocents:

Edit:  I just saw that you posted ahead of me. Still bring it to Carlisle next weekend!
Heres the thing. I would like to sell but I don't have to. So I'm gonna follow up on the 35k offer,  if that falls through I'll contact the few emails I have , maybe CL and maybe try cars on line. I'm just to busy family wise to do anything otherwise.  
If it doesn't sell right now that's ok.
They do care about the real R/T SE issue. That has been asked everytime. If it was'nt a real R/T I wouldn't of been offered 37k last time or the 35 k this time, or gotten to 32k this time on eBay.  I also wouldn't be asking 35k if it was a standard base Charger no matter what I had in it.   :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

I think he meant the purist will care and the then the regular 'joe' will not care if its real RT or not. You may have been offered the car at 37k, but does not they had 37k to give you. Kinda like the ebay thing the auction may have ended with a high bidder, but does not mean he will come through with the cash. I can offer you right now 40k, but then back out right before the deal and then you can tell other folks, 'well I was offered 40k for this car X amount days ago'

your car is worth more to you than anyone can offer you I say. YOu spent a lot of time with it and you will never get it back that adds sentimental value to it that cash cant give you unless someone just had cash burning in his pants or something  ;D

YOu have the right attitude no rush to sell it I say unless you get what you want for it with cash in hand, but thats far and few folks who would have 30k plus in hand.

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 02, 2012, 07:10:38 AM

Edit:  I just saw that you posted ahead of me. Still bring it to Carlisle next weekend!
Heres the thing. I would like to sell but I don't have to. So I'm gonna follow up on the 35k offer,  if that falls through I'll contact the few emails I have , maybe CL and maybe try cars on line. I'm just to busy family wise to do anything otherwise.  
They do care about the real R/T SE issue. That has been asked everytime. If it was'nt a real R/T I wouldn't of been offered 37k last time or the 35 k this time, or gotten to 32k this time on eBay.  I also wouldn't be asking 35k if it was a standard base Charger no matter what I had in it.   :Twocents:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on July 02, 2012, 07:10:38 AM

Your car looks nice in the pics and I'll give benefit of the doubt and say it is. However, the points above are spot-on.  Sure, it is a real R/T SE, but no pedigree, no paperwork, etc. With the color change and NOM, you have limited your audience further.

Bottom line though, an "offer" isn't the same as being paid... :Twocents:

I rarely sell a vehicle, but when I do, there is not drama like there has been portrayed in this thread. Last car I sold, was on ebay and had people "fighting" over who would be the high bidder. Perfect! :scratchchin:

Anyways, good luck with the sale. Honestly, for all the "wanted" ads on this site and others, I would have thought your car would have been sold by now  :Twocents:

1969chargerrtse

The guy that offered the 37k was legit. He passed on my car. The 35k guy just texted me he's checking flights. Let's hope. He can flex on body issues but wants a good driver. That is my car 100%. If he passes I'll be shocked.

Could always do the ole 01 and flag trick, you'll get it no probs.  :lol:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 440 on July 02, 2012, 08:49:38 AM

:iagree: That's what I would do, if I owned that car  :cheers:

cdr

Quote from: 440 on July 02, 2012, 08:49:38 AM
yep order a doh decal kit & scotch tape it on & take pics it will sell then,new owner can install decals or not
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 02, 2012, 09:24:35 AM
Talk is cheap.
Ya got that right. Outside of the opinion drama many pages back. I think things are normal. First guy passed but had the funds, some others are coming to check it out.  Sounds average to me in the exciting world of selling an expensive classic in a bad economy.

1969chargerrtse

My guy is flying in thurs eve. I'll know the outcome then. The guy from Sweden called and his buyer is still interested. We'll know thurs eve. Until then.  :nixon:

Bobs69

Quote from: Indygenerallee on July 02, 2012, 09:24:35 AM
Talk is cheap.

I'm not real experienced with buying and selling but it seems to me alot of people look like they got money when really all they got is CREDIT.  For the most of us, in my world at least, it takes steady savings and goal setting to get what you want.  Alot of guys will talk shit because they have the image to maintain and arent' really thinking because they got themselves fooled too.  Then when they crunch some numbers, or more likely talk to their wives, they realize that they can't pull it off.

I remember a story a friend told me back in college.  His dad was trying to choose between 3 new vehicles.  A montanna van, a bonneville, or a caddy.  What do these 3 have in common?  Very little to the casual observer.  It comes down to this.  Your either the type to buy a Caddy or your NOT!  Or the type to buy a Charger or not!  

Men of action VS Men of mouth.

F8-4life

Everyone wants something for nothing, so whats new?