News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

nvrbdn

so it worked out for both of you. congrats. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 21, 2012, 09:51:18 PM
Nice 65 Goat in there too i see.

I knew someone would catch that.  :coolgleamA:

Thanks Guys. How could I pass on that car? The time it would take to drive all over the place to find something like that, and to only have 4,000 miles? Wow.
Plus he is one of these guys that believes in fate. And as I'm walking away from my computer at 27K thinking wow is this gonna sell at reserve? He calls me.  I had to believe in that and make the deal. The car, the money, lets do it.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Considering it only has 4k miles you probably won't get as much enjoyment out of it like the charger. Racking up the miles in it isn't going to do it any favors.

Glad it all worked out in the end.

Lucky post 1000....

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 440 on June 21, 2012, 10:05:54 PM
Considering it only has 4k miles you probably won't get as much enjoyment out of it like the charger. Racking up the miles in it isn't going to do it any favors.

Glad it all worked out in the end.
One of the reasons I sold the charger is all I did was make a coffee run to DD on weekends, majority of the time anyway.  No show's, stopped doing the cruise etc....  That's what I'll do with this car, and side the house. Like the charger I'll probably do 3k a year.
Cool 1,000  :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger_fan_4ever

Is the T/A  a stick car ?

For curiosity's sake how did the guy know you wanted a T/A no mention of it in the E bay ad. Was it just luck ?

Enjoy the ride.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 21, 2012, 10:11:35 PM
Is the T/A  a stick car ?

For curiosity's sake how did the guy know you wanted a T/A no mention of it in the E bay ad. Was it just luck ?

Enjoy the ride.
Yeah 6 speed . He called me about the Charger.  I told him about it and said I was looking to buy a TA and put the rest to the house. He tells me he has this car that he paid 27k for 4 years ago. Exactly to a T what I wanted except it's black. Black is  :coolgleamA: I'll do black. We really hit it off.  Very nice guy. He always wanted a 69 Charger.  He hates to swap the cars, kept trying to get me to take the money.  Finally he said o.k if I call him first If I ever part with it.

resq302

Hopefully the car is as good as your charger is now and that there is no issues with it.  We have only bought one car (our 70 el camino SS 396) sight unseen and we lucked out with it.

Best of luck with the new car and do yourself a favor.  Have him give everything to you in writing what would come with the car, detailed description of paperwork, etc so if something should not arrive with the car, at least you have it in black and white that it would go with the car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

1969chargerrtse

Thanks. He seems like a straight up guy like me. I'll be there when it rolls off the trailer. If anything is sub par. Back it goes. He's trusting me. I'm trusting him. We're both anal car guys. Not worried.

69 OUR/TEA

2 questions I've been asked several times.  1) Would you consider closing the auction and selling it now? No.  That's not fair to the people that have taken the time to see the car, plus I have 45,000 plus in this car to make it as solid and beautiful as you see.  It wouldn't be fair for me to take less than someone I have not yet

You're the kind of Ebay seller that I'd like to wring your neck !!!!!!I have lost parts/cars exactly this way,I was upfront numerous times just in case for a situation like this,and ask the seller if they were going to end the auction early.When it was yes,had to ask their number and but then,when no,plan out what my top bid would be,sit by the computer,etc.The ones that really aggravate me IS a car,as you are getting alot more in order,the expectations of possibly winning,travel/shipping plans,ntm much larger item,etc.
So whenh implied that the auction would run its course,then I check my watch stauts and see it ended !!!!!!Do you know how many of your possible watchers could have been serious and getting their finances,shipping,etc in order ???????
I did not reply to this thread with comments on what the car was/is worth,some saying take money and run,others saying its cheap.Ebay is strange,lesser quality cars sometimes raise our questions of how they got that much and quality cars not going very high.Its hit or miss.You will have never known now.

I understand the guy had what you wanted,but IMO you should have let him place his highest bid,and if he won,then do the deal.If not sell to another party,and still go buy his car,cause what IF,your car soured into higher numbers than you and evryone else predicted,you short changed yourself my friend !
The TA you are getting is without saying a low mile beauty,but for what you are or said you were after,were better off getting a $15k 20-50k mile car that will not bother you to take out and not worry about,plus the extra $$$$ that you say you needed/wanted.
I am not against what you bought as far as a low mile car,because I have a few of those now myself and cannot treat them like carefree drivers so I watch where I park them,the miles being racked on them,etc which equates 200-300 miles a year on them for me.
You are going to take a 4k mile car and put 3k more a year on it for DD runs ??? And black to boot??You are going to find yourself more nerved up about that car,cleaning it more,yelling at the kids to keep away with their bikes,etc  than if you bought a 40k mile car with already a scratch or ding or two ,and have pocketed another $15 +/-.
If you can and do,bless you,cause I could'nt.
Again,and if I was one of the ones watching your auction daily,waiting the final moment this Sat night,and saw it ended amongst your preached words,and my dream of having a Charger,again,I'd like to wring your neck !!!!

1969chargerrtse

I hear ha but these situations are never easy. If the bidding stayed the way it was I would of left it running. But I didn't get one email saying please don't end early I'm interested.  Not even the high bidder wrote me? The highest bidder backs out!  At that same time I get a call to close and sell higher than the reserve. Hard call. But like everyone has been saying, you're lucky if you get the money.
The TA is just a car. It made searching for one easier nothing more.  
And, one of the guys that talked of having so much money texted me his wife said nothing over 35k. I have money being wired to me and a car coming Monday. I'm done. This thing has given me enough stress since day one. Moving on. If people didn't play games it would still be listed. Can't please everyone.

1969chargerrtse

He's also paying to ship the TA to me for free in an enclosed trailer. I did get a call from one of the buyers waiting to the end. He totally understood and after learning about the bid playing said I don't blame you.

charger_fan_4ever

With you wanting a T/A it couldn't have played out any better for you IMO. That is  assuming you got in the neighbourhood of $15k to boot. The car even delivered to the door.

moparstuart

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 22, 2012, 01:35:12 PM
With you wanting a T/A it couldn't have played out any better for you IMO. That is  assuming you got in the neighbourhood of $15k to boot. The car even delivered to the door.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: moparstuart on June 22, 2012, 01:52:07 PM
Thanks guys. It was just unreal. 2 people stick it to me, I move 5 feet from my computer and the phone rings and not only is it sold for more than the reserve, a loaded TA vert is dropped at my door. Shipping both cars enclosed is costing him 1800.00  Flipping amazing. Super guy  Thanks eBay.
Oh and by the way that is one hell of a guess!  :icon_smile_wink:

But wait, theres more. And on the phone he says to me. I'll leave it insured and the plate on so you can use it to get it registered. Wow. Thanks.

moparstuart

what part of the country is it going too  ??? 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 01:59:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on June 22, 2012, 01:52:07 PM
Thanks guys. It was just unreal. 2 people stick it to me, I move 5 feet from my computer and the phone rings and not only is it sold for more than the reserve, a loaded TA vert is dropped at my door. Shipping both cars enclosed is costing him 1800.00  Flipping amazing. Super guy  Thanks eBay a holes.
Oh and by the way that is one hell of a guess!  :icon_smile_wink:

But wait, theres more. And on the phone he says to me. I'll leave it insured and the plate on so you can use it to get it registered. Wow. Thanks.

I wouldn't get too excited until all these promises are fulfilled.

A 69 Charger for a T/A. :rotz: :'(

1969chargerrtse

It's going to Ohio. I'll have his car Monday and he'll have mine so the wait won't be to long. I'm not that excited. To me I'm moving from one beautiful car to another.
And it's not a 69 Charger for a just a TA.   :rotz:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

bull

I'm happy for you too. :2thumbs: And I'm happy the Charger will be in the hands of someone who appreciates them.

1969chargerrtse

Thanks guys.  Yeah this guy will further detail anything and it'll probably rest in his collection and get used little, but used.   :2thumbs:

Ram07

Why buy one, if ya ain't gonna use it?  :shruggy:...IT's a car...drive it!

tan top

glad is all worked out Rob , & your happy with the out come  !!  :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

chargerboy69

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 22, 2012, 02:36:33 PM
It's going to Ohio. I'll have his car Monday and he'll have mine so the wait won't be to long. I'm not that excited. To me I'm moving from one beautiful car to another.
And it's not a 69 Charger for a just a TA.   :rotz:

Troy bought it?  I did not know he had a GTO.  :D

I am happy for you that you were able to get the deal you wanted.  :2thumbs:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford