News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking about selling my Charger R/T Final UPDATE.

Started by 1969chargerrtse, June 11, 2012, 07:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Yep I hear ya.  I put my heart and soul in this, I used it for thousands of miles but it's time to move on and put some money towards the house, the closer I get to what I put out would be nice, but I'm an honest man and my reserve is 35K because with my experience in this market, that's fair value.  You wanna pay more?  O.k   I would like to say though I am so amazed how no one asked about options original or not?  Few brought up body panels.  It's just a different market out there than I could of imagined.  I learned something new over this.  Very surprised.  I guess I'm just used to the stuff around here.  Trust me it's way different out there for the average Joe.  They made it clear they do not care about things people here find so important.  Hmmmm  Maybe I'll restore another one.  :scratchchin:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69charger2002 on June 19, 2012, 09:29:41 PM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 19, 2012, 08:38:19 PM
Ends Sat eve around 10/11.  Sit down with the 180 watchers and  :popcrn:

I think it's odd that i have had more page views and have more watchers on my junker $7000 general lee project than you do on your beautiful $35k+ 69 R/T SE. It's weird how ebay works. Maybe more people are looking for projects? Who knows. Good luck with your auction; too bad we couldn't work out a deal, hopefully you find a good buyer for your car.   :cheers:
Thanks.  :2thumbs:  But it ain't over yet, I'm almost the same as you with 3 days to go.  I just added to your view.  Nice attractice pictures.  Good Luck! I would think a less priced car would be viewed more.  I viewed all of them tonight myself.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

charger_fan_4ever

The Average Joe does not have 30-40k laying around in cash to spend on a nice weather weekend toy, i believe thats why everyone is looking at projects. We all know in the end restoring the car costs  more than buying a turn key, but you know what you have when its completed and you can put in 3-5k here and there over 5 years and finance as you go. Even if i just saved for 5 years I'd be skeptic to drop that kind of money on a done car unless the build was heavily documented with pics from A to Z. You just never know whats under the paint. I was happy to have a rusty pile in the garage back in 2008. At least there was something to look at and day dream of what it will be one day.

Darkman

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 19, 2012, 10:11:54 PM
The Average Joe does not have 30-40k laying around in cash to spend on a nice weather weekend toy, i believe thats why everyone is looking at projects. We all know in the end restoring the car costs  more than buying a turn key, but you know what you have when its completed and you can put in 3-5k here and there over 5 years and finance as you go. Even if i just saved for 5 years I'd be skeptic to drop that kind of money on a done car unless the build was heavily documented with pics from A to Z. You just never know whats under the paint. I was happy to have a rusty pile in the garage back in 2008. At least there was something to look at and day dream of what it will be one day.

:2thumbs: Well said
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

bull

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on June 19, 2012, 10:11:54 PM
The Average Joe does not have 30-40k laying around in cash to spend on a nice weather weekend toy, i believe thats why everyone is looking at projects. We all know in the end restoring the car costs  mI than buying a turn key, but you know what you have when its completed and you can put in 3-5k here and there over 5 years and finance as you go. Even if i just saved for 5 years I'd be skeptic to drop that kind of money on a done car unless the build was heavily documented with pics from A to Z. You just never know whats under the paint. I was happy to have a rusty pile in the garage back in 2008. At least there was something to look at and day dream of what it will be one day.
I understand what you're saying and agree with most of it, but.  I was an average Joe for many decades.  I started out with my high school car being a 57 Chevy Nomad.  Had that car for 7 years.  It was so ugly and junkie my dad made me park it behind the house until it got better looking.  Every car after that for probably a decade was bought old and rusty and then slowly fixed up.  Look at my Pace car.  That took me 4 years.  I had 25,000.00 in Parts in that one and that was waaay back in 84.  I worked 12 hours seven days to help pay for that as a kid. I bought it because it was extremely rare and 1,500.00, found in a field in Pa with 4 bullet holes in it.  I been there.  Been.
But as I the decades went on and I earned more etc...... I started buying cars like this Charger.  Body work done, but I drove them and detailed them. Like most people after so many years I tried of what I had and because cars are my life I moved on to another.  It can go either way?  An average Joe may be as you describe, but they change and grow and start buying things more completed.  Rarely did I have body work issues, I knew what to look for before I bought. People buy things in bad shape because of financial reasons or rarity.  If they have the income the want shiny stuff.  

Sorry about whattttttt?

Vainglory, Esq.

I find it a little crazy that XS project cars that require $50-60,000 to finish bring in some $10-15,000. Whereas a done car like this brings in $35,000. I know all about the investment value, but it costs the same to restore a NOM as it does to restore an all-original. I think there's a market inefficiency here, and if you're in the car hobby to get out and enjoy the car and nothing more, I would pounce on this one.

I love me the numbers matching, original cars, and if I had the funds, I'd probably go that route myself. But most people don't. This seems like a deal.

1969chargerrtse

And here come the excuses.  One of the buyers that made it clear he had lot's money sent me a text, his wife said not a penny over 35k.  ::) So he's out.  I guess he only has as much money as she say's he has?   :rotz:   My wife and I have a great relationship , but she know's that car's are my life and, BACK OFF!  When we met I was deep into fun cars and I'll die that way.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 21, 2012, 05:58:05 AM
And here come the excuses.  One of the buyers that made it clear he had lot's money sent me a text, his wife said not a penny over 35k.  ::) So he's out.  I guess he only has as much money as she say's he has?   :rotz:   My wife and I have a great relationship , but she know's that car's are my life and, BACK OFF!  When we met I was deep into fun cars and I'll die that way.

Even via text message sounds about right.

1970Moparmann

Hopefully the high bidder now has the funds.  :popcrn: :popcrn:

I have sold my restored cars through a broker due to the crap you get with Ebay, Autotrader and such.  He usually get's more money for them anyway so it's a wash in my book.
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

duanesterrr

A lot of shenanigans happen on Ebay the 35k guy might end up still being your buyer.  Good luck on the sale.  Worst case I will take it off your hands for 20k (my max limit... I know the car is worth much more than that!)  :lol:

stripedelete

Quote from: duanesterrr on June 21, 2012, 09:13:28 AM
A lot of shenanigans happen on Ebay the 35k guy might end up still being your buyer. 

:iagree:

1969chargerrtse

A lot of shenanigans happen on Ebay the 35k guy might end up still being your buyer.  Good luck on the sale.  Worst case I will take it off your hands for 20k (my max limit... I know the car is worth much more than that!)  :lol:
Hmmmmm 10kess than I paid, 15k less than I put into it labor free  :scratchchin:  ah, no. Thanks though. Well I sold my vette for 30k on eBay and bought this, no problems there or ever since I've been a member. I'm going for it.

stripedelete

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 21, 2012, 12:03:34 PM
Hmmmmm 10kess than I paid, 15k less than I put into it labor free  :scratchchin:  ah, no. Thanks though. Well I sold my vette for 30k on eBay and bought this, no problems there or ever since I've been a member. I'm going for it.

Ooops. Sorry. Confused.  I thought this started out with $35k bottom line.   

duanesterrr

I was 100% joking w/ the 20k... that is one heck of a car.  If I could just get rid of these student loans maybe someday I will own one.  :brickwall:

1969chargerrtse

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: duanesterrr on June 21, 2012, 01:54:54 PM

I was 100% joking w/ the 20k... that is one heck of a car.  If I could just get rid of these student loans maybe someday I will own one.  :brickwall:
Yeah but the loans gave you an education. With that you'll do well in life and then later on you buy toys. I didn't get this car until I was 50.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: stripedelete on June 21, 2012, 01:41:54 PM

Ooops. Sorry. Confused.  I thought this started out with $35k bottom line.   
First bid was 200.00.

tpetty

Looks like the high bid dropped $8k. Bid retraction?

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: tpetty on June 21, 2012, 07:26:56 PM
Looks like the high bid dropped $8k. Bid retraction?

A playboy poking to see what the reserve was ? :icon_smile_dissapprove:

nvrbdn

mabey his wife slapped him up side the head and said no. :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Fred

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 21, 2012, 07:54:17 PM
mabey his wife slapped him up side the head and said no. :shruggy:

Wives have been known to do that.  :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

1969chargerrtse

2 people played the game and dropped their bid.  At the same time I get a call from someone who I talked to before and offered me more than my reserve.  Due to the bid dropping and not knowing what to trust?  I took the offer.  Cash above the reserve, or a 2002 Trans am triple black WS6, 6 speed Ram air conv with 4k miles and a good amount of cash.  That's why it's closed.  Thanks.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on June 21, 2012, 08:58:34 PM
2 people played the game and dropped their bid.  At the same time someone who I talked to before offered me more than my reserve.  Due to the bid dropping and not knowing what to trust?  I took the offer.  Cash above the reserve, or a 2002 Trans am triple black WS6 6 speed Ram air conv with 4k miles and a good amount of cash.  That's why it's closed.  Thanks.

Did you take the cash + car?  If so, let's see some pictures. :2thumbs:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

1969chargerrtse

As of now I'm taking the TA because it is mint flawless, paper work, fully loaded.  The deal is I have to offer it back to him first if I sell it, and not mention price to anyone.  This way I don't have to look for a car.  That is a stress saver alone.  He's gonna ship the bird to me and pick up the charger.