News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fraud CL in Sac CA

Started by BB1, July 16, 2012, 09:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB1

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/3139862520.html

This is a picture of my old Charger back in 1983 when I bought it.

Don't get your hopes up it's not real.  :flame:

They got it off my CD page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/836223
Delete my profile

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

WTF, how do you scam someone like that who's trying to buy the car local ?

A383Wing

I bet his phone is ringing constantly....

Bryan

myk

What a piece of crap-the person I mean.  I'm going to email that sumbitch!
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

A383Wing

I just called, went to voice mail....I blocked my number from him as well

was gonna ask all the questions....what motor, what's wrong, what trans....etc.

Bryan

DodgeChargerNeeded

I text on this car a few nights ago the person was not happy. We should flag the ad for them.
Jeff

A383Wing

Quote from: DodgeChargerNeeded on July 16, 2012, 11:31:07 PM
I text on this car a few nights ago the person was not happy. We should flag the ad for them.

done flagged it...interesting that he has it listed in "general for sale" category

Bryan

1974dodgecharger

the funny thing why would one post their real number if etc..? guess I would want to see it in person also...not send money first.

BB1

Thanks, for all the Charger pictures on the internet he had to disgrace mine.

The motor was rebuilt and running like a champ back then, and Mom paid only $500. for it.

Always lover her for it.  ;D
Delete my profile

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

bakerhillpins

Not that I am trying to condone the seller at all but when I was looking I found it common for a lazy seller to just pull a pic of a car off the net and use it in their ad as a "stock photo".   :slap:

BB1 - Never surfed through your CD page before. Great story!  Makes me jealous that I don't have one of my own to tell.  Hope that I can someday provide that kind of thing for my kids though!  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

ChargerST

Probably somebody is doing a prank on the guy by listing a fake ad but with his real phone number. Can u imagine how many people would call? You would need a new phone number after a prank like this.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 17, 2012, 08:13:27 AM
Not that I am trying to condone the seller at all but when I was looking I found it common for a lazy seller to just pull a pic of a car off the net and use it in their ad as a "stock photo".   :slap:

That's my guess, lots of folks don't have digital cameras or scanners...he probably just did a Google search for a pic that resembled his offering.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

wingcar

In my mind it's still misrepresenting what you are "truly" trying to sell if you use a "stock picture"...
Can't believe that people still send money before actually checking out a car. 
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

ChgrSteve67

If you really hate someone post their address in a CL ad saying.
Must leave town tonight, everything is free come and get it.

There was also that episode of overhaulin where they sent several people by this guys house asking about his classic car for sale. Guy was pissed telling these people it was not for sale, then the next day they stole the car.

Budnicks

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on July 17, 2012, 05:49:06 PM
There was also that episode of overhaulin where they sent several people by this guys house asking about his classic car for sale. Guy was pissed telling these people it was not for sale, then the next day they stole the car.

Yep, really nice 69 RR convertible 5 spd, with a crate Hemi, when it was done, that's a good prank, when you get a nice finished car back...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Budnicks

If that was a "real deal Charger" for $800, I couldn't get there fast enough... When ever I call or look at any of these E-Scam or CL adds, I always ask when was the photos taken, or if it is actually the car in the add...
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: ChargerST on July 17, 2012, 08:20:15 AM
Probably somebody is doing a prank on the guy by listing a fake ad but with his real phone number. Can u imagine how many people would call? You would need a new phone number after a prank like this.

I second that.   Although if I were going to prank my buddy I'd find it much funnier to put a personal ad in the same-gender dating section.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70