News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WIW 1968 charger rt

Started by Nwcharger, May 02, 2012, 09:11:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nwcharger

I have a 68 rt that I'm thinking about selling for another mopar project. Clear title. No motor or trans. I have the fender tag and build sheet. Has power windows, a/c, disc brakes, non vinyl topped car. Originally sunfire yellow with black interior, auto on the column. I'll Post pics tonight but it's basically complete minus the drivetrain.
1969 coronet wagon

Nwcharger

pics
1969 coronet wagon

charger_fan_4ever

I will say $5k if the frame rails,torsion bar member are solid.

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

1970Moparmann

My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

Tilar

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 06, 2012, 12:08:29 PM

From the way the ass end looks ate out, I'm guessing the rear frame rails are rough at best.  I wish I could find an RT in the same condition my XP car is in, and not too far away... I'd probably buy it.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ACUDANUT

That ass end looks rotted out. 3k at best

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Tilar on May 06, 2012, 06:49:52 PM
Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on May 06, 2012, 12:08:29 PM

From the way the ass end looks ate out, I'm guessing the rear frame rails are rough at best.  I wish I could find an RT in the same condition my XP car is in, and not too far away... I'd probably buy it.

Ya never know with rust i guess. My 70 r/t the tail panel/valance and 4 inches each side of the rear crossmember where rotten. Surprising the frame rails still had original paint on them. It was a factory undercoated car though.

Dino

Hmmm that's a tough one, I think $5K is a bit optimistic though.  Nice options yes but damn that's a lot of work.  I know you said it's all there so do you have the bumpers, front valance, rear window trim etc?  Is the interior all there?  It's bad enough to have to restore it all but it'd be worse if you have to hunt down a bunch of parts.  440's and 727's grow on trees where I am so that wouldn't be an issue.

Honestly I say it's in the $3K range as it sits and whomever restores it will likely never get his money back.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

djcarguy

F8-4life

If I'm buying 3k. If I'm selling $4k to 5k. Maybe more if you catch a fool on ebay.

cdr

Quote from: F8-4life on June 09, 2012, 12:08:25 PM
If I'm buying 3k. If I'm selling $4k to 5k. Maybe more if you catch a fool on ebay.  
i guess that would make a lot of fools out there, including me ,that end up on here,needing help on their resto,fool
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Charger440RDN

Any pics of the undercarriage?

Mytur Binsdirti