News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

hello guys

Started by mario, June 08, 2012, 01:08:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mario

hello guys im new here. my gradma give me a 68 charger because i being begging for the car for years. NOW THE CAR IS OFFICIALLY MINE AND ALL MY COUSINS ARE MAD AT ME. I HAD IT FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS, I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBED EVENTHOUGH IT DOESNT RUN, BUT

Kern Dog

Cool deal, man. Great car, great year. Welcome to the site.

Fred

Lucky, lucky you!
Welcome  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

tan top

hello  & welcome ,  :cheers: :cheers:  ...  would love to see more pictures  ,
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

lukedukem

Dang, a grandma car and it was givin to you, sweet. i gotta agree with Fred "Lucky, lucky you!"   :2thumbs:

i bet all your cousins are mad.

luke

1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Marck

Sweet.. You are in deed very lucky...  :2thumbs:

Back N Black

That's cool,your grandma gave you a charger! my grandma gave me two bucks for my birthday when i was 12.  :pity:

Indygenerallee

Sweet deal!!! Welcome aboard the crazy train!!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hatersaurusrex

He was so excited he passed out mid-post
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: mario on June 08, 2012, 01:08:01 AM
hello guys im new here. my gradma give me a 68 charger because i being begging for the car for years. NOW THE CAR IS OFFICIALLY MINE AND ALL MY COUSINS ARE MAD AT ME. I HAD IT FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS, I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBED EVENTHOUGH IT DOESNT RUN, BUT

By chance, are you related to Mopar Jim?    :shruggy:

72Charger-SE

Congratulations on the 'GIFT'...     I think my gifts from Grandma were more like the $1 versions...    I should look in her old barn... maybe she has a '68 Charger R/T hiding in there somewhere...    :o    :scratchchin:

Marck

TheGhost

Definitely need some pictures.  Welcome to the site.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

mightywing7

Welcome aboard!!  Best of luck on your new gift........send more pics!
1968 Dodge Charger R/T - 440 Magnum, 727
1968 Dodge Charger - 318, 904
1985 Chrysler LeBaron Turbo Convertible, Mark Cross - 2.2L Turbo
1987 Buick Grand National - 3.8L SFI Turbo
2006 Chrysler Crossfire SRT-6 Coupe, Supercharged 3.2L
2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8, 6.1L HEMI

Wicked72

welcome to the site!!!!!! couldnt have a better gift!!! looking forward to your future posts and lots of pics!!  :cheers:
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

myk

Lol..."but" what?  I hope the car didn't fall on top of him while he was typing the thread up.  Give us a damage report on the car, 'OP!

BigBlackDodge

I got my Grandma's '74 Vega!!!

Yeah............ :angelwing:

I never got into any trouble with it (racing, speeding, smokey burnouts and such).........

BBD :rotz: :rotz:

Fred

hello guys im new here. my gradma give me a 68 charger because i being begging for the car for years. NOW THE CAR IS OFFICIALLY MINE AND ALL MY COUSINS ARE MAD AT ME. I HAD IT FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS, I HAVE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBED EVENTHOUGH IT DOESNT RUN, BUT because I'm such a nice guy, once i'ts all fixed up.........I will give all of my cousins a free ride!

There you go Mario, I finished the sentence for you.  :2thumbs:

Fred

Ghoste

Welcome to the site.

nvrbdn

what a great grandma. lucky you. welcome. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bob T

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 08, 2012, 02:57:02 PM

By chance, are you related to Mopar Jim?    :shruggy:

M/B Are you related to Richard Cranium?

Good score on the 68 Bud, put up a few pics when you can.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

charger Downunder

Have to ask if Grandma has a 68 Charger what does Grandad have.
Good luck with the resto.
[/quote]

TheGhost

Quote from: Bob T on June 09, 2012, 03:45:25 AM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 08, 2012, 02:57:02 PM

By chance, are you related to Mopar Jim?    :shruggy:

M/B Are you related to Richard Cranium?

So I'm not the only one wondering this, then...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

billfury

Maybe his cousins got a hold of him.

Welcome and good luck.

Fred

Has anybody gone to look for him?  This could be serious.  :eek2:

nvrbdn

hes still getting on, hes just not talking. mabey he will open up and tell us more. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

mario

Thanks guys, I will post pictures. I'm not related to them, Yes I pass the mid post? Lol

VegasCharger

Welcome!! And nice gift BTW!!!!!!!!

chargd72

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 08, 2012, 02:47:54 PM
He was so excited he passed out mid-post

Hahaha, that's some funny stuff

'72 Charger SE 4bbl 318                          '76 Power Wagon 400 W200                                 2011 (attempt at a) Charger

6pkrtse

Congrats & sweet car. Welcome to the board with the rest of us freaks. Charger freaks that is.....
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

cdr

Quote from: 6pkrtse on September 20, 2012, 01:06:25 PM
Congrats & sweet car. Welcome to the board with the rest of us freaks. Charger freaks that is.....
:scratchchin: :scratchchin: YEAH --YEAH--THATS IT----- CHARGER FREAKS
WELCOME to the best charger site! & speak up man,,,,,PICS ,LOTS OF PICS :icon_smile_big:
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

RCCthatsme

Are any of you related to, or have connections with the B-Body design team in Highland Park during the development of the original Charger?   

During the Stone Soup Roadrunner  raffle for WRIF the design team came out of retirement.  My father was part of that team and I am trying to find out more about what occurred in that era (my father has passed away).  When his name was mentioned at the rally, the guys all began talking about him (2nd hand knowledge, I was not in attendence).  I will not disclose his name on the Internet, but if any knew him, this is the only clue I believe they will need - Italian guy who loved baseball, broads and booze.  He was also an accomplished musician (sax and clarinet) and was a leader on the design team. 

As a kid, he would bring home some bad a** rides, even the concept cars.   I rode in this very car...

Thanks

lukedukem

Quote from: RCCthatsme on October 20, 2012, 01:19:38 PM
Are any of you related to, or have connections with the B-Body design team in Highland Park during the development of the original Charger?   

During the Stone Soup Roadrunner  raffle for WRIF the design team came out of retirement.  My father was part of that team and I am trying to find out more about what occurred in that era (my father has passed away).  When his name was mentioned at the rally, the guys all began talking about him (2nd hand knowledge, I was not in attendence).  I will not disclose his name on the Internet, but if any knew him, this is the only clue I believe they will need - Italian guy who loved baseball, broads and booze.  He was also an accomplished musician (sax and clarinet) and was a leader on the design team. 

As a kid, he would bring home some bad a** rides, even the concept cars.   I rode in this very car...

Thanks

nope, but maybe if you start another thread instead of posting mid therad of marios story, and someone can help you out                                             
just saying, not trying to be rude

luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: lukedukem on October 20, 2012, 01:30:33 PM
Quote from: RCCthatsme on October 20, 2012, 01:19:38 PM

Thanks

nope, but maybe if you start another thread instead of posting mid therad of marios story, and someone can help you out                                             
just saying, not trying to be rude

luke

^^^ nothing rude there.  Someone apparently just learned how to use forums this week :D
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Chargerguy74

Yup, I vote for a new thread. I'd like to see where it goes.

OP, what a nice grandmother!
WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

skip68

Yes.  I think Chargerjeary is his name or something like that was involed in the old Charger's back in the day.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mario

I been working a lot lately coming soon I will post pictures(hold your horses) rum rum lol

Fred

Oh my God! it's Mario.  :lol: