News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock 1407 distributor vacuum port

Started by Dino, June 18, 2012, 10:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Quick question:  Until my TQ is rebuilt I need to use this paperweight and I have a question on the distributor vacuum line.  It's always been hooked up to the passenger side port.  Yesterday I read in the manual that the ps port is for emission controlled cars and the ds port is for non emmision cars...so I moved the line to the ds.  As far as I can tell that didn't change anything.  Can I leave it there or should I move it back?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

randy73

I asked the same question of the Edelbrock tech and he said on non-emision cars it does not matter.

Dino

Great!  One less thing to worry about.  Thanks!

Musicman

The passenger side which sits a little higher is ported vacuum for emmisions, the drivers side which sits a little lower is manifold vacuum. The engine will idle a little cooler connected to the drivers side.

69rtse4spd

Dino

Chryco Psycho

or hotter in my world , make sure you reset the timing which ever one you connect it to , or just leave it disconnected