News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How many wings are going to Monster Mopar?

Started by Mopurr, June 06, 2012, 11:21:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

41husk

I will have my clone out there.  Will there be a designated spot for us like in the past?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mopurr

I don't know, as far as I know Josh never contacted Rich or Gene, so perhaps there will be parking but have no idea who is in charge of the wing cars.

That is why we are going wingless

41husk

I only saw 2 Daytonas and 5 birds today.  Sorry to see so few winged cars but I am very glad to see the event back.  There are about half the venders in both the swap and midway.  I have had a good couple days buying and sellin parts.  Scored a new console for the daytona :2thumbs:  All and all it has been a great show!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on June 09, 2012, 07:38:25 PM
I only saw 2 Daytonas and 5 birds today.  Sorry to see so few winged cars but I am very glad to see the event back.  There are about half the venders in both the swap and midway.  I have had a good couple days buying and sellin parts.  Scored a new console for the daytona :2thumbs:  All and all it has been a great show!
sorry such a bad turn out  , hope he changes the date next year so not to be our the local show date and des moines local show too 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

I think Gateway availability may have something to do with dates :shruggy: Still a very nice show field! I hope to see you all next year.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

the swap meet was a little weak, but i still scored some stuff i needed bad. the show was weak friday, but had a nice showing by noon on sat. they were having a little trouble filling a couple of the classes in drag racing. but all in all, its been a great show. drag eliminations will be good tomorrow. plan to get mt spot at 8:00 in the morning. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on June 09, 2012, 08:38:07 PM
the swap meet was a little weak, but i still scored some stuff i needed bad. the show was weak friday, but had a nice showing by noon on sat. they were having a little trouble filling a couple of the classes in drag racing. but all in all, its been a great show. drag eliminations will be good tomorrow. plan to get mt spot at 8:00 in the morning. :2thumbs:
my buddy Deron Mc Graw with Mc graw racing it racing up there this weekend  silver cuda
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

I got third in the show with the Daytona, That probably means there was only two others :2thumbs: Did real well at the swap meet.  Paid for my entire weekend including parts, Tshirts, food and entry :cheers: I hope it is back again next year.  All in all it was a great weekend!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

nvrbdn

i got some good drag racing pics i will have to post later. seen the petty blue wing driving around the pits on sunday. took the dodge truck challenge and won free nhra weekend passes with the parking pass for the weekend in september. had a great time. thanks josh for bringing it back. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Hoser2455

For first year back again I thought it did real well.  Was missing about 1/4 more of the swap meet vendors on Saturday and probably 1/3 of the show cars on Saturday as compared to two years ago ( I'm guessing 275 to 300) cars were there.  A little short on the race cars but not much.  A lot of fast ones there.  I think since they have the Mopar show in Indy now the St. Louis show lost some of the cars that would usually go to it.  All in all I did real good at the swap meet.  I got a original date coded alternator, an original date coded starter, and a original date coded master cylinder that the lines go toward the motor side for my bird.  Still looking for a 15 inch rim for my spare tire though.

41husk

Im sure you came through my swap area, wish I knew I could have said hello.  I was across from the large Little Detroit tents.  I had three tables in a U shape next to a trailor with a 340, 8 3/4 rear, headers, heads and other junk.  I was just a couple spaces behind the Gunslinger set up.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

BPTRacing

Quote from: Mopurr on June 06, 2012, 07:36:14 PM
I don't know, as far as I know Josh never contacted Rich or Gene, so perhaps there will be parking but have no idea who is in charge of the wing cars.

That is why we are going wingless

I talked to Josh about the lack of the Aero club, and he indicated he had talked to someone that claimed to be able to "take care of it for him". Obviously he took the word of the wrong person or there was a mis-commumication.  :brickwall:

So to prevent that from happening again, Whom shall I contact about trying to get something going for the Monster Mopar event in Indy?? :shruggy:

Scott :cheers:
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

Mopurr

if he thinks where I inquired about what he was planning for the wings and mentioned Rich......he told me to have Rich call him.....Rich said that Josh had his number the year before and contacted him about Indy but that was much to far to expect Rich to do something.

I agree with Rich, that Josh should have contacted him, instead of expecting Rich to call him.

I told Josh that the wing car part did not just happen, that a lot of work went into what people were used to and so I decided to just sit back and let him find out for himself.

Rich put in months of planning for the events that everyone was used to.

I don't know that he ever contacted Gene either.

I never said that I would take care of it for him, because he would have been coming up with support to make things happen and would have had numerous contacts with me.

We didn't get to come at the last minute, but had planned to be there Wingless.

Wing Warriors claim Indy as their fall meet, but I don't think they had a lot of wing cars there last fall either.

hotrod98

The whole thing is screwed up in my opinion. People that live seven hours west, southwest of St. Louis had a nice show to attend at a cooler time of the year. Going all of the way to Indy for a weekend show is just asking too much.  The new June MMW show is right in the middle of the show schedule for our area. Couple that with the wingcar meet being held at Indy and it's just not going to work for people in this part of the world. First, we lost the HPAC show in Topeka and now we've lost the St. Louis show.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

TheAutoArchaeologist

Wasn't bad last year at Indy.  And this isn't even all the wing cars.

Ryan

BPTRacing

Quote from: Mopurr on June 15, 2012, 10:39:23 PM
if he thinks where I inquired about what he was planning for the wings and mentioned Rich......he told me to have Rich call him.....Rich said that Josh had his number the year before and contacted him about Indy but that was much to far to expect Rich to do something.

I agree with Rich, that Josh should have contacted him, instead of expecting Rich to call him.

I told Josh that the wing car part did not just happen, that a lot of work went into what people were used to and so I decided to just sit back and let him find out for himself.

Rich put in months of planning for the events that everyone was used to.

I never said that I would take care of it for him, because he would have been coming up with support to make things happen and would have had numerous contacts with me.

We didn't get to come at the last minute, but had planned to be there Wingless.

Wing Warriors claim Indy as their fall meet, but I don't think they had a lot of wing cars there last fall either.

You were not the one that assured him "the proper people would be contacted". Josh wanted the wingcars and believed it was being taken care of by someone that assured him he could take care of it. I know who it was and they do not post on this site.

I am willing to help Josh out to help get more cars there for Indy, so I am asking what needs to be done and who I should be contacting.

Scott
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

hemigeno

Quote from: Mopurr on June 15, 2012, 10:39:23 PM

No one contacted me this time around, but I would not have been in a position to help this year even if they had.  Simply too many things happening this spring to work on car show stuff.  I wasn't even able to attend @ Gateway much less bring a vehicle to show.   :brickwall:

I think Rich MIGHT* be able to host something again for a future show at Gateway (and Lord willing, I'd be happy to help too), but planning for such absolutely cannot happen in the last few months.  We always joked that planning for the next year's MonsterMopar aero gathering started the day after it ended...  which is not far from the truth.  As for making things happen at Indy, Rich and I neither one are able to host or put things together like they used to be done for logistical reasons.  Hopefully someone else can carry the banner.

* He and I haven't discussed this specifically