News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1975 roadrunner

Started by billssuperbird, June 05, 2012, 04:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

i have a chance to get a 1975 roadrunner for 100.00 it needs work and it ben sitting a long time out side. the vin is rm21l5g193934. the in side looks ok and it has a 360 eng :shruggy:

BigBlockSam

if you got the space , go get it!
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

petercharger

That's the price for 27 gallons of gas... :smilielol:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

BigBlockSam

would make a funny looking wing car  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Ghoste

Sure seems to be a lot of mention of those things lately.  They were nearly unheard of from new and now there are people looking for them and a mention in Hemmings Muscle and some guy locally apparently is fixing one up.    :ahum:

TheGhost

Quote from: Ghoste on June 05, 2012, 05:03:41 PM
Sure seems to be a lot of mention of those things lately.  They were nearly unheard of from new and now there are people looking for them and a mention in Hemmings Muscle and some guy locally apparently is fixing one up.    :ahum:

As the 1rst and 2nd gen Roadrunners get more out of reach, pricewise, you'll see these become more popular.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

I suspect you're right but personally I have to say that I find them as much a Road Runner as the 76 Daytona is a wing car.  Ditto for the Volare version.  Yes, you could get a performance engine in them but as soon as the Road Runner made the performance part optional and the stickers standard it was time to cue up a B.B. King* classic as far as I was concerned.

*(The Thrill Is Gone  ;) )

TruckDriver

Get it! A friend of mine is trying to sell one, and the car is near mint, plus he replaces everything it needed. He found it in a barn, but it only has the 318, and he wants $9,000 for it  :P :eek2:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

hatersaurusrex

I think they're pretty cool in their own right, and would make a nice daily driver.   Add in the fact that it was a 'one year only' body style for the Road Runner and the also that they made (IIRC) less than 10,000 of them but cranked out a ton of B-Body Furies for donor cars makes them somewhat interesting.

Is it still a 'Road Runner'?   Not really, but still a cool ride.   Much better than the Volare-based pseudo-RR that replaced it.   With the Volare-RR Chrysler did to the B-body what Ford did to the Mustang when they tried to slap a 130HP 302 in a Pinto and call it a sports car.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

cdr

at least its rear wheel drive  :lol: i say get it
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

aussiemuscle

if you can't get $100 worth of parts out of it then it's not worth it.

TruckDriver

Quote from: aussiemuscle on June 06, 2012, 01:05:50 AM
if you can't get $100 worth of parts out of it then it's not worth it.

He should buy it for the $100, then I'll happily give him $500 for it.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

TeeWJay426

For a hundred bucks, how could you possibly go wrong? If it's fixable, it's a steal, and even if it's not, gotta easily be worth 7-8 hundred bucks in parts.  :shruggy:
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

hatersaurusrex

If it has a functional 8 3/4 rearend, it's already worth more than $100 in parts

GOTWING

It's worth more then that in scrap weight. Yes get it you can't go wrong. I like them if they have a good color comb and the rear tunnel decal on the trunk lid. There used to be a red one for the longest time around our small town in the 80's, like everything else i saw it in the salvage yard years later. :eek2:

billssuperbird

the body is very bad and the frame in the rear bad.the right rear spring is in the trunk :brickwall: :hack:

GOTWING

still get it! just curious what color combo is it?

nh_mopar_fan

I'd take the Volare RR over that tank anyday especially with the 360.

They're rare because they were underpowered land yachts. You think that Volare was underpowered? Throw that very same 318 in this barge.  :eek2:

Would I say no to one for $100? Nope.

billssuperbird

blue paint and blue interior.

F8-4life

The only thing cool about a '75 roadrunner is the trunk decal.

billssuperbird

this one did have one.

RallyeMike

QuoteAs the 1rst and 2nd gen Roadrunners get more out of reach, pricewise, you'll see these become more popular.

Considering the popularity of them is currently just above ZERO, "more" popular won't be to much of stretch. Muscle car prices have tanked and are going to rise so slowly that the last of the 75 Roadrunners will have long been scrapped before there is any interest in them. And by then everyone will buy Dynacorn 69 Roadrunners....

The only reasons to pick up a 75 Runner are: 1) It already a survivor and you can get it for a song, 2) It's being sold cheap by someone who lost their ass restoring it, 3) Parts, 4) Scrap metal value. 

Quotebody is very bad and the frame in the rear bad.the right rear spring is in the trunk

Sounds like a total loser, but for $100 I'd still pick it up just for misc. parts and scrap.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on June 06, 2012, 06:12:10 PM
I'd take the Volare RR over that tank anyday especially with the 360.

They're rare because they were underpowered land yachts. You think that Volare was underpowered? Throw that very same 318 in this barge.  :eek2:

Would I say no to one for $100? Nope.

Curb weight was only about 3700, this wasn't based on the Gran Fury, it was the smaller one.   It just looks like a Land Yacht cause all cars in the late 70's were hideous and swoopy.   The late 70's has to be the absolute ugliest time in car design history.

Ghoste

Was the trunk decal optional on them or standard?