News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

real fast dodge charger

Started by charger490, June 03, 2012, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger490

Indygenerallee

It's a Nascar car. not suprising of the speed.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

RallyeMike

True. But its Nascar + XXmph on a 2-lane public road in Nevada designed for 70-75 mph, with a crown in the road, rumble strips ground into it, few guardrails, dips and bumps, limited course control, and if you crash the nearest help is not sitting in the infield 3 minutes away. Average speed over the 90-mile course was a new record of nearly 217mph, taken from a Camaro (edit - I think it was actually another Mopar), and now owned by a Dodge Charger (at least in name).

I've run this race, and as cool as this achievement is, ..... my opinion is that they are completely nuts and lucky to be alive.  

...and now a quote from the driver from the Silver State Challenge message board:

QuoteNow let me decide just how much I want to tempt fate.  I do have that unfinished monster '69 Charger Daytona, and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.  Hmmm.

Daytona. Cool.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Fred

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

UH60L

Hmmm, well, let's see, it's a nascar version (IE nothing like a production car) of a 4 door sedan.

Thus, calling it a "real fast dodge charger" would be wrong for at least two reasons.

Mike DC

It's not like an old Grand National stock car was a whole lot like the production versions either.  The raw materials were closer to stock but the final product was certainly a one-off racecar.

Yeah, the Silver State Classic speeds are getting pretty nuts.  Like all modern-day motorsports it's a matter of time before they have to start slowing the cars down.

Bob T

That was a Killer noise went it went past  ;D

Watched your clip a few times RM, it would be real cool with an in-car camera  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

RallyeMike

QuoteYeah, the Silver State Classic speeds are getting pretty nuts.  Like all modern-day motorsports it's a matter of time before they have to start slowing the cars down.

SSCC is basically the wild west of auto racing. Though controversial, I wouldnt expect any changes.

QuoteWatched your clip a few times RM, it would be real cool with an in-car camera  2thumbs

Tired it once, but as fate would have it the Camera failed. No big loss really... for some reason in-car video looks like 1/2 speed of the real thing  :shruggy:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RallyeMike on June 04, 2012, 10:30:54 AM
Quotefor some reason in-car video looks like 1/2 speed of the real thing  :shruggy:

I would think that an in car camera would be ok to see the country side go buy but the perception of speed would just not be there.  Look at the Top Fuel cars doing over 300 MPH with the in car cameras, you really have no perception of how fast they are going, but you do see the 1000' go buy real fast (time wise)  :yesnod:

Mytur Binsdirti

Between the low resolution and shakey camera, how can can you even tell that was a Charger?   :shruggy:

67Charger440

Here is a better one.  I've run that race a number of times.  It's a blast.  As stated earlier, in car footage never does the real thing justice.  140mph looks like a Sunday cruise.

http://youtu.be/erR4AJGBgYg

Play it in the highest definition you computer will handle and crank up the speakers.  You may begin to understand the speeds we are talking about here.

AirborneSilva

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 04, 2012, 12:26:34 PM
Was that a charger  :shruggy:

Being that it's a current Nascar Charger, it should have grille & headlight decals stuck on it that look something like the current production Charger. I guess that's all you need today.  :shruggy:

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 04, 2012, 12:34:43 PM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 04, 2012, 12:26:34 PM
Was that a charger  :shruggy:

Being that it's a current Nascar Charger, it should have grille & headlight decals stuck on it that look something like the current production Charger. I guess that's all you need today.  :shruggy:

Yeah I guess it looked like that, wonder what motor it was running, sounded great  :drool5:

Indygenerallee

Nascar spec motor, Nothing available to the public unless you buy one used from a race team. I believe it is around 359 c.i.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Chryco Psycho

only the engines are unique to the type of car used anymore . 217 MPH average is wicked !!

AirborneSilva

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 04, 2012, 01:02:00 PM
Nascar spec motor, Nothing available to the public unless you buy one used from a race team. I believe it is around 359 c.i.

Whatever happened to the rule you had to be able to buy it on the showroom floor on monday?  Yeah that was rhetorical  :rotz:

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 04, 2012, 02:11:14 PM

Whatever happened to the rule you had to be able to buy it on the showroom floor on monday?  Yeah that was rhetorical  :rotz:

race friday, buy it monday.

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on June 08, 2012, 04:28:16 AM
Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 04, 2012, 02:11:14 PM

race friday, buy it monday.

I have friends here at work that like to rag on dodge because they pretty much suck at NASCAR (I'm an NHRA fan myself), but nothing of their ferds or chebys are ferds or chebby (and that includes dodges too), so they are only beating (or not), another race team.  Yeah the body panels look similar to a car you can buy on monday but that's where it ends...  I am not ragging on NASCAR, I have been to a couple of races and really enjoyed them but to say a ferd or cheby won today is just not correct, what is correct is that a Pensky team or a Waltrip team so on and so forth won.   :Twocents: