News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dukes event Va

Started by GL#10, June 03, 2012, 05:09:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GL#10

tan top

how come he hit the patrol car , looks like he drove straight into it  :scratchchin:  power steering belt come off , & he only had one hand on the wheel  :shruggy:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

That's awesome, and I bet mishaps happened all the time when filming the dukes.

I had thought about attending that event, but Where the heck is Galax?

GL#10

Ha , have no idea what happened , was sent the link  ,  it was not a original DOH stuntman ,doing the stunt .

Glad it wasn't my patrol car .

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 03, 2012, 06:00:07 PM
Tard...

I second that.   I don't care if these cars are just slapped together for the day, they're obviously restorable, driveable cars and they're completely ruining them so 23 rednecks can holler 'weeewwwwwwwww'.

I went to a DukesFest a few years back and walked around taking pics with all the Chargers.  It was like I died and went to heaven. I had no idea they'd be destroying a car that day.   After they jumped it I left and I've never gone to another one, it pissed me off so much.

Someone needs to start making premade fiberglass tubs/tube frames that can take the impact and just use that.   Wasting another classic Charger is just tragic.   No wonder so many people on this board hate General Lees.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

westcoastdodge

I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

aussiemuscle

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 03, 2012, 06:13:50 PM
Someone needs to start making premade fiberglass tubs/tube frames that can take the impact and just use that.   Wasting another classic Charger is just tragic.   No wonder so many people on this board hate General Lees.
That is what they were doing in season 4 of Knight Rider, not because of loss of firebirds, but due to cost of repairing/replacing them, but still....your point is valid. a buggy frame with fibreglass panels would do more jumps and be safer to the driver.

oh and i agree...

TARDS!  :icon_smile_angry:

Indygenerallee

The last season of the Dukes of Hazzard they were using small model cars for the stunts because the Chargers were getting more expensive. And you can blatantly tell the model car stunts because the General Lee is usually jumping over a Barn and a silo or the length of two semi's, Just ridiculous stuff that would never be possible in real life.  :lol:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

jaak

Nice to see Uncle Jesse helping out with the repairs.

Jason

BY RSCO

I was there, and have no clue what happend on why the guy hit the car... head in butt I would guess...He just drove around the ramp and hit the car, no reason for it at all - moron.
Please do not slam me on the rest of this, as I am as big of a charger fan as anyone here, but I looked at and took pictures of the jump car. ANYTHING is restorable with enough cash and resources. This car had no useable sheet metal on it (unless you wanted multiple patch panels on every body panel on the car - some of the panels were wrapped in exterior thin metal just to make them paintable), the sub-frames were rotted and barely held together, the grille, tail panel were made from cheap sheet metal and cardboard (yes cardwoard), the window trim was tin foil (literally), no useable floor pans, no interior, etc. What I am getting at is that is would be just as restorable after the jump as it was before....  Now, do I still think it is senseless, absolutely. I would have had just as good of a time at the event if the jump was left out. Please dont jump on me too bad for this post, but just pointing out that at least in this case, this jump car was in just as bad of shape before the jump as it was after from a restoration standpoint.  Pretty well what I am saying is that I did not see a 69 Charger jumped, I saw cheap sheet metal, bondo, and cardboard in the shape of a 69 Charger jumped, (with box tubing holiding the rest together). Anything that was useable before was useable afterwards.

Cooter

"Not a perfectly good car if you'd do any research.The cars he puts together would have went to the crusher if he wouldn't have saved them enough to do these stunts.They have like 5 gallons of bondo and pizza boxes in a lot of these "perfectly" good cars.The grills and tail panels are fake mock ups.Trust me he has offered these cars to you know it all people before jumps and no one yet has shown any interest in restoring any of them because they aren't worth restoring."

I think this comment bout sums it all up....If you aren't willing to buy the damn thing, then don't bitch when it's jumped, as it serves it's purpose and there's ALOT of people standing out there that don't care how "Rare" that roach of a Charger is/was....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

GordonGriggs

I don't see how anyone here can support the destruction of these cars. I live in VA and was thinking about attending. But when I found out they were going to jump a charger I decided to boycott the event.

Cooter

With AMD metal now, all you need is a 1969 Dodge Coronet and you can "Convert" to a Charger. We have new metal now...Be happy.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Mike DC

QuoteI second that.   I don't care if these cars are just slapped together for the day, they're obviously restorable, driveable cars and they're completely ruining them so 23 rednecks can holler 'weeewwwwwwwww'

Some of the more recent jump cars were literally held together by the rollcage.  Those things put the best Ebay con-artists to shame.  They have body parts made of cardboard and tape. 

The "Knight Rider" TV crew tried using a rollcaged dune buggy chassis with a fiberglass Firebird shell.  It didn't fly well, it looked all wrong, and it wasn't safe.  They were back to wrecking real Firebirds within a couple of weeks even though it was very expensive.

Brock Lee

So, uh, professional drivers are too expensive or something? One of these days a tire or whole car will end up in a crowd of people. As long as nobody dies and people profit off the events, they will continue. So if they really make you sick, make sure you never go to one as your mere presence supports this activity.

Too bad yet another car has to be slaughtered to get a few rednecks off. This one didn't even go out in a blaze of glory. Smashed into another car by the idiot driver, then limped off the ramp with all the grace of that awkward slide you do when you step on a fresh dog turd on the side of a hill.

Cooter

::)

So, All you guys I see here b*tchin' bout "Another Charger destroyed" must be the same ones I see whining about how much work/money it would take, (and how "Crazy" the seller is for asking anything but free for a roach of a Charger) to get one of these things back on the road when they are for sale on Craigslist huh?
Never buy anything, just b*tch when someone else puts them to use.

I really wonder how many of you woulda took it if someone hadda told you how "Senseless" it was to be jumping those Chargers back when you all were watching the DOH....

Back N Black

Whats the point of jumping a orange charger over a white cop car? i got tired of seeing it on TV when i was 12 years old, why do people just stand there in awe of the same old poop?

AirborneSilva

I always thought the show was retarded and never watched it... 

Cooter

Quote from: Back N Black on June 04, 2012, 10:23:20 AM
Whats the point of jumping a orange charger over a white cop car? i got tired of seeing it on TV when i was 12 years old, That's you. Alot of folks still love that show and watch it today. This isn't anything that hasn't been gone over many times here before.why do people just stand there in awe of the same old poop?For the same reason people still stand there in awe of a Hemi, Black '68 Dodge Charger, Red Dodge Charger with huge wing on trunk, etc.

Mike DC

Pick any motorsport, and I can probably show you a thousand people who think it's mind-numbingly boring & repetitive to watch.

As for the wrecked Charger, take a look at that video on making the jump car.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjj_zwuXuVk&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLC30C70547714ECD9

We have advised forum members against saving better bodies than that.  Many times.  Would YOU write a check to AMD to make it whole again?  And that's just the raw unibody, the rest of the car wasn't there either.    

Cooter

Exactly Mike. Thank You. :2thumbs:

Bob