News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why does this read/feel like a scam?

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, June 02, 2012, 11:12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-/130704414795?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e6e97184b#ht_500wt_1182

Was for sale about a year ago and I thought they "wanted" $28,000. Now it's for sale again, but something isn't adding up... Last night, bidding climbed to $23,000. Now it's back around $15k  :scratchchin:

QuoteSelling my 1969 Dodge Charger General Lee, restoration completed April 2007. Car is a correct General Lee in every aspect. This  car, that had no major rust when restored. This car is near perfect and has show quality paint. Car has a 383 cubic inch engine, 727 automatic transmission, power steering and brakes. The air conditioning was removed from car. Has correct 1st season General Lee decals, and correct Radio Shack CB Antenna. Roll bar is exact, except it was made out of 1.75 inch roll bar tubing and welded together. The unit is bolted to the floor and can be removed for convenience. The front pushbar was made from the same jig that Warner Brother's used for the Dukes of Hazzard TV series (have documentation). The pushbar was made by the Smith Brothers. The working CB is a Cobra Night Watch (same as used in new Dukes movie). The stereo installed is the Custom AutoSound Secret Audio system, including Alpine amp, Infinity speakers and 10 disc CD changer, with remote control. The brand new tires are Firestone Indy 500 on correct American Racing Vector rims. New exhaust includes new TTI ceramic coated headers. Car has new windshield. Remaining glass is excellent. Car has correct Dixie horn. All mechanical systems have be reviewed and updated, repaired, including steering box and steering, rear end, transmission, engine, brakes, electrical system, cooling system. Body and Paint The body was completed disassembled and media blasted. The typical rust seen on any 68-70 Charger was repaired, included both quarter panels, trunk floor, tail light panel and metal around the rear window. There was no rust in any frame rail, or inner fender, or around hood hinges, or anywhere else on the car. All metal seams where coated, and POR-15 rust protectant was used throughout the car. Entire car (except interior floor) was primed and seal coated. The interior floors were in such good condition, that refinishing and painting was not necessary. The black inserts on the hood were painted on instead of using decals. Car was sprayed with multiple coats of PPG Deltron in the correct General Lee color of 1970 Corvette Orange Flame. Seven (7) coats of clear were sprayed, and the car was wet sanded and buffed to perfection. Fenders, doors, trunk lid, hood and other body parts were sprayed while off the car. Inside of quarter, fenders, undercarriage, frame, wheel wells were coated with 3M Body Schultz, which is like undercoat, except not like tar and is a harder coating, not soft. Decals are accurate reproductions of 1st season General Lee's. Interior Interior is all new Legendary Auto Interior seats and door panels. All other interior trim was redyed the correct 1969 Charger Saddle color (around headliner, front and back windows, upper door pads). Carpet and liner is new and correct. Console was completely restored (chrome and woodgrain) and redyed. Headliner and package tray are new and correct. All gages work. Instrument panel and heater controls were not repainted. Grill The grill on the car was completely disassembled, primed and painted the correct Charger colors. All the aluminum trim had the dings removed and was polished. The headlight door mechanisms and all hardware behind the grill was detailed, restored or painted. Chrome and Stainless Trim Bumpers were removed from the car and rechromed. All dents and dings removed. Every piece of stainless trim on the car was removed and polished. The 4 pieces of trim on a Dodge Charger that is pot metal, were also rechromed. Rims The correct American Racing Vector rims were media blasted and powder coated black. Then all surfaces were lathed and then the rims were clearcoated. Engine Bay The entire engine bay and K-frame was painted and detailed. Too much to explain. 383 is stock, except for electronic ignition upgrade, Edelbrock carb, coil, wires.If you are interested,my asking is low.

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Why does this one look like a scam, also?

Is the 69 Charger a scammer's dream car?  :popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-440-Triple-Black-/230802090978?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35bce06be2#ht_500wt_1182

This is a real triple black  1969 Charger R/T.
Buy It Now - $22K
This is a Stunning  x9 Black , V8R red stripe,  R/T 440 4 Barrel Auto. Black vinyl top (V1X)Top and black Interior .
The engine and transmission are the original matching numbers to this car, Power steering, Am radio. Tinted glass. Bucket seats. Dual Exhaust with tips.
This is a well preserved  always cared for R/T.
Always adult owned and maintained.
This car just went thru a good freshening up. New Top. New brakes. New engine and trans, paint.
All mechanicals that needed replaced were done or rebuilt.   
A Charger R/T in this color and condition is a very rare find.
This car runs and drives like a dream  and is tight and fast.
You will be hard pressed to find one another on like this. 
You can be the next person to baby it.

E86:         Exterior Color  (see below Triple X9 codes)
D32:       Trim - Luxury, Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat, Unknown Color
XS29: 2 door RT model     
L9G:       Build Date: 9G
244034: Order number
X9:           Top Color BLACK
X9:          BLACK COLOR
C6X:       Unknown
G21:       Clear Glass (with ac)
C55:       Bucket Seats
M21:      Roof drip rail moldings
M31:      Belt Moldings
M91:      ?
N85:       Tachometer
V1X:       FULL VINYL TOP BLACK
V8R:       Transverse Stripes, Red

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

lukedukem

the first one doen't have alot of pics, plus he states that no major rust. but then talks about all the panels they replaced. he does have some fedback that is 100%

the second guy has no feed back at all 0. lots of pics but?? looks like nonoe of the a/c parts are there. freshening up could be just slap paint on it and go. idk. to good to be true maybe. plus the car is in front of trans am specialties, witch i believe is in floriday and teh seller is in south carolina???????

email and find out. ask about final payment, coming out to see them, or send someone
what could it hurt.
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: lukedukem on June 02, 2012, 11:43:13 AM
the first one doen't have alot of pics, plus he states that no major rust. but then talks about all the panels they replaced. he does have some fedback that is 100%

email and find out. ask about final payment, coming out to see them, or send someone
what could it hurt.

I think I inquired about the GL when they were asking $28k, as I was in the area, they never got back to me then, but I think the seller was different.  :shruggy:

vick79

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on June 02, 2012, 11:32:51 AM

Why does this one look like a scam, also?

Is the 69 Charger a scammer's dream car?  :popcrn:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-R-T-440-Triple-Black-/230802090978?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item35bce06be2#ht_500wt_1182

This is a real triple black  1969 Charger R/T.
Buy It Now - $22K
This is a Stunning  x9 Black , V8R red stripe,  R/T 440 4 Barrel Auto. Black vinyl top (V1X)Top and black Interior .
The engine and transmission are the original matching numbers to this car, Power steering, Am radio. Tinted glass. Bucket seats. Dual Exhaust with tips.
This is a well preserved  always cared for R/T.
Always adult owned and maintained.
This car just went thru a good freshening up. New Top. New brakes. New engine and trans, paint.
All mechanicals that needed replaced were done or rebuilt.   
A Charger R/T in this color and condition is a very rare find.
This car runs and drives like a dream  and is tight and fast.
You will be hard pressed to find one another on like this. 
You can be the next person to baby it.

E86:         Exterior Color  (see below Triple X9 codes)
D32:       Trim - Luxury, Cloth/Vinyl Bench Seat, Unknown Color
XS29: 2 door RT model     
L9G:       Build Date: 9G
244034: Order number
X9:           Top Color BLACK
C6X:       Unknown
G21:       Clear Glass (with ac)
C55:       Bucket Seats
M21:      Roof drip rail moldings
M31:      Belt Moldings
M91:      ?
N85:       Tachometer
V1X:       FULL VINYL TOP BLACK
V8R:       Transverse Stripes, Red

Yep thats a scam  that car was posted by Transam specialties in florida for sale a few weeks ago for $52k buy it now
'70 Charger RT

hatersaurusrex

Yep TransAm Specialties is out near Tallahassee.   What they do is really cool if you like old Firebirds (I do).

Edit:  Nevermind, I was thinking about the place out in Tally that does the new Camaro -> Firebird conversions.

Hate GM if you must, but these cars are way cooler than the doofus wing cars I see being made out of new Challengers:

http://www.transamdepot.com/

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

marshallfry01

I think that the smith brothers general lee is a scam too. The first time it was listed about a year ago and I saved all of the pictures to my desk top. A couple months ago the seller said he needed to sell it ASAP and had a price in the item description of $18,000. The next time on auction he said the same description but the price was like $24,000. The next time it was $28,000. Now this time it's $26,900. The funny thing is that he has used the same exact pictures for over a year. I don't care if the car has been in a garage for a year with a cover on it, I want recent pictures if I was to bid on it.  It is a nice general lee though :)....well the pictures have a nice general lee.... Who knows if the car is really out there for sale or not.
1969 Charger 383/auto
1969 Charger R/T 440/auto (waiting to be restored)
1972 Chevelle SS clone 383 sbc
1959 Chevy Apache short bed stepside
1968 Charger (glorified parts car)
Yes, I know I have too many cars. My wife reminds me daily.

lukedukem

Quote from: marshallfry01 on June 02, 2012, 10:08:52 PM
I think that the smith brothers general lee is a scam too. The first time it was listed about a year ago and I saved all of the pictures to my desk top. A couple months ago the seller said he needed to sell it ASAP and had a price in the item description of $18,000. The next time on auction he said the same description but the price was like $24,000. The next time it was $28,000. Now this time it's $26,900. The funny thing is that he has used the same exact pictures for over a year. I don't care if the car has been in a garage for a year with a cover on it, I want recent pictures if I was to bid on it.  It is a nice general lee though :)....well the pictures have a nice general lee.... Who knows if the car is really out there for sale or not.

same here... why do people state a true r/t but don't put pics of fender tag or the vin or stuff like that.   
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Looks like 2 of the 3 ads were scams, subsequently pulled from eBay. Good!  :2thumbs:

Now, is the first one a scam, too?  :popcrn:

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

::) This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.  :popcrn:

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on June 02, 2012, 11:12:59 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Dodge-Charger-General-Lee-/130704414795?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item1e6e97184b#ht_500wt_1182

Was for sale about a year ago and I thought they "wanted" $28,000. Now it's for sale again, but something isn't adding up... Last night, bidding climbed to $23,000. Now it's back around $15k  :scratchchin:

QuoteSelling my 1969 Dodge Charger General Lee, restoration completed April 2007. Car is a correct General Lee in every aspect. This  car, that had no major rust when restored. This car is near perfect and has show quality paint. Car has a 383 cubic inch engine, 727 automatic transmission, power steering and brakes. The air conditioning was removed from car. Has correct 1st season General Lee decals, and correct Radio Shack CB Antenna. Roll bar is exact, except it was made out of 1.75 inch roll bar tubing and welded together. The unit is bolted to the floor and can be removed for convenience. The front pushbar was made from the same jig that Warner Brother's used for the Dukes of Hazzard TV series (have documentation). The pushbar was made by the Smith Brothers. The working CB is a Cobra Night Watch (same as used in new Dukes movie). The stereo installed is the Custom AutoSound Secret Audio system, including Alpine amp, Infinity speakers and 10 disc CD changer, with remote control. The brand new tires are Firestone Indy 500 on correct American Racing Vector rims. New exhaust includes new TTI ceramic coated headers. Car has new windshield. Remaining glass is excellent. Car has correct Dixie horn. All mechanical systems have be reviewed and updated, repaired, including steering box and steering, rear end, transmission, engine, brakes, electrical system, cooling system. Body and Paint The body was completed disassembled and media blasted. The typical rust seen on any 68-70 Charger was repaired, included both quarter panels, trunk floor, tail light panel and metal around the rear window. There was no rust in any frame rail, or inner fender, or around hood hinges, or anywhere else on the car. All metal seams where coated, and POR-15 rust protectant was used throughout the car. Entire car (except interior floor) was primed and seal coated. The interior floors were in such good condition, that refinishing and painting was not necessary. The black inserts on the hood were painted on instead of using decals. Car was sprayed with multiple coats of PPG Deltron in the correct General Lee color of 1970 Corvette Orange Flame. Seven (7) coats of clear were sprayed, and the car was wet sanded and buffed to perfection. Fenders, doors, trunk lid, hood and other body parts were sprayed while off the car. Inside of quarter, fenders, undercarriage, frame, wheel wells were coated with 3M Body Schultz, which is like undercoat, except not like tar and is a harder coating, not soft. Decals are accurate reproductions of 1st season General Lee's. Interior Interior is all new Legendary Auto Interior seats and door panels. All other interior trim was redyed the correct 1969 Charger Saddle color (around headliner, front and back windows, upper door pads). Carpet and liner is new and correct. Console was completely restored (chrome and woodgrain) and redyed. Headliner and package tray are new and correct. All gages work. Instrument panel and heater controls were not repainted. Grill The grill on the car was completely disassembled, primed and painted the correct Charger colors. All the aluminum trim had the dings removed and was polished. The headlight door mechanisms and all hardware behind the grill was detailed, restored or painted. Chrome and Stainless Trim Bumpers were removed from the car and rechromed. All dents and dings removed. Every piece of stainless trim on the car was removed and polished. The 4 pieces of trim on a Dodge Charger that is pot metal, were also rechromed. Rims The correct American Racing Vector rims were media blasted and powder coated black. Then all surfaces were lathed and then the rims were clearcoated. Engine Bay The entire engine bay and K-frame was painted and detailed. Too much to explain. 383 is stock, except for electronic ignition upgrade, Edelbrock carb, coil, wires.If you are interested,my asking is low.