News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need front drum spindle for wilwood disc upgrade?!?!

Started by killer8man, May 30, 2012, 06:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killer8man

I just got off the phone with Wilwood. The guy (Marcus, I think), told me that if I want to upgrade to one of their 6-piston kits, I have to have drum brake spindles. Since my car (71 Charger) has stock disc brakes, they only have one kit and it's 11" and 4-piston....less than ideal. Where would I find these spindles? Has anyone else ran into this problem?

Thanks for the help!

hemi71x

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261031993390?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Did they tell you what spindle is required for their kit?
There are differences in spindles, with the inner wheel bearing diameter.
I have these for sale, in the above link, for your consideration.
Jim V.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

killer8man

Jim,

If it fits these, I'll take them! Can you let me know?

Thanks,

Adam

hemi71x

Adam.
Pretty sure all the aftermarket disc brake kits use a modern rotor that has the larger diameter inner wheel bearing.
When you find out what rotor they use, you can decide on the spindles that i have.

killer8man

Jim,

I'll do some research. I'm new to the brake game, so I'm not as learned as I could be. I forgot to include the link to the hubs in the last post. When I said "these"...this is what I was talking about. http://www.wilwood.com/Hubs/HubProd.aspx?itemno=270-10812

What else do I need to know to ensure they will fit?

- Adam

P.S. Are you a Phantom pilot? I'm a helo bubba in the Navy.

hemi71x

Reading everything in the link you provided in your last posting, the spindles that i have aren't the ones that you will be needing.
Their hubs are machined to use bearings from the 72 and earlier B body cars.
So your gonna be needing Spindles from the B body cars.
I don't have any of those.
They won't be hard for you to find. They are common items.
I'm sure lots of other members here will be able to help you out in that department.

I was the flight line crew chief on that Phantom during my Air Force years, when the Phantoms ruled the skys back in the dinosaur days.
I don't own any more Mopars in my life, so that Phantom became my signature picture on the web sites.

Rolling_Thunder

I have a spare set of 1968-1969 B-body drum spindles if you need them.   :2thumbs:   Shoot me a PM if interested
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

killer8man

Thanks everyone. I ended up going with the Magnum Force spindles along with the Wilwood brakes that go with them. I threw in some double adjustable upper control arms as well since I'm going to have all of that stuff apart.

Now to decide on some wheels and tires  :scratchchin: