News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Desert Car Kings are doing a 68 Charger (plz don't watch)

Started by BB1, May 31, 2012, 10:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

BB1

2 week build, looks like a train wreck.  :eek2:

The announcer said "you can't find parts"... what a tool.

I can't watch it, turned it off.   :down:

Good nite
Delete my profile

Darkman

I watched bits of the episode where they did the green 68.

At the auction, as it sold and rolled off the stage I noticed a square hole on the grill on the bottom (it was an elevated shot). To me it looked like the hole for the hood latch, if it was, the numbnuts put the grill in upside down
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Kern Dog

R E R U N .
I try to give these car building shows a fair shake. The  Car Warriors, Wrecks to Riches and this Desert car hacks shows all seem to have manufactured drama. They must think that they have to inject all this crap to keep viewers interested. It is annoying to me. BUILD the car and quit yer crying.
These buttholes from the desert do hack work, plain and simple.

Old Moparz

I hate reality shows, they're all fake & far from reality. That's why I pitched my own reality show idea to several networks. I have yet to hear back on whether they want to audition anyone for the pilot episode, but I am hopeful. It has genuine real life drama & it's car related. The show is based on a group of car guys with all different tastes in automotive brands having to live together. Mopars, Chebbies, Phords, Imports, etc. They have to eat beans & drink beer everyday, but the instigation factor in the show is that there is only one bathroom for the 6 to 8 guys.

All the guys have to vote on the best car each week, & the one who gets the most votes is the one who distributes the toilet paper ration of 5 sheets to the others. There is a hidden camera in the crapper & there is never any toilet paper other than the rations handed out. There's usually a big fight for who uses the bathroom first, & sometimes someone takes a big dump & doesn't flush. If you use up your ration of paper, you're given the choice of having to use one of your socks, or a car magazine laying on the floor that's damp from urine.

I think the ratings would be pretty high.   :2thumbs:

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Nickrc3

Quote from: Darkman on May 31, 2012, 11:13:30 PM

At the auction, as it sold and rolled off the stage I noticed a square hole on the grill on the bottom (it was an elevated shot). To me it looked like the hole for the hood latch, if it was, the numbnuts put the grill in upside down

Yeah, I was disappointed with that along with those grungy floorboards they covered up, and that horrible quarter-mile time of 19.5 seconds.  Probably a good deal @ $15K though.

Mytur Binsdirti

When you can see waves in the bodywork on tv, I can't imagine how bad that turd looks in person.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 31, 2012, 11:18:24 PM
R E R U N .
I try to give these car building shows a fair shake. The  Car Warriors, Wrecks to Riches and this Desert car hacks shows all seem to have manufactured drama. They must think that they have to inject all this crap to keep viewers interested. It is annoying to me. BUILD the car and quit yer crying.
These buttholes from the desert do hack work, plain and simple.

Same here. Skip the Drama!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BB1

I don't understand why they even have a show? It's the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

I like:

Pawn stars
American restoration
American guns
Holmes on homes

Getting into:

Wheeler dealer, such crap cars over in England  :lol:
Chassing Classic Cars, like the exotics cars.
American trucker, guy is kind of a nut case.
Delete my profile

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Darkman on May 31, 2012, 11:13:30 PM

Ha!  Reminds me of my shower fiberglass wall with the soap holder. You couldn't put soap on it because it would slide off. The underside was flat. Some idiot installed the whole panel upside down. I've seen that show. It's just nice to see a 2nd gen on anything for any reason.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

bull

Quote from: BB1 on June 01, 2012, 10:58:25 AM
I like:

Pawn stars
American Restoration

:iagree: Those are good shows but you tell when the drama is manufactured. Usually the dumb arguments that seem poorly scripted are obviously fake but for the most part it's got some decent historical relevancy. You can tell on Pawn Stars that they just don't randomly film people walking up to the counter. I would imagine they're doing national searches for a lot of the stuff that "just happens" to walk through the door.

model maker

These are the same guys who restored ( ? ) a 68 charger for auction and this might be the same one. When they replaced the vinyl top, I could not believe that they just put the NEW vinyl top RIGHT ON TOP OF THE OLD ONE THEY SAID NEEDED REPLACING ! :flame: :brickwall:talk about taking shortcuts ! these clowns who try to break a speed record for restoring a car always screw everything up and just make a piece of junk a shiny piece of junk. If they are going to restore a charger, have the parts, know how, and contacts they can call on, then WHY DO THEY DO IT WRONG WHEN THEY CAN DO IT RIGHT ????? :brickwall: :brickwall: These guys are supposs ed to know what they are doing and then you listen to them talk and it becomes very clear on just how little they really know. Putting a new vinyl top over one that needs replacement :scratchchin:
MODEL MAKER

71green go

I like cars......I dont really care if they do a great job or not...I find it somewhat entertaining...I'm not buying the car so it doesnt bother me.....I dont expect a great job so my expectations are low  :smilielol:......I take it for what it is.

Patronus

goes to show, you cant polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.  :D
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

hatersaurusrex

All these shows are completely manufactured.   TV sucks hardcore these days.   It's the same thing: drama drama drama teen drama omg adult drama omg you're stupid I can't believe you said something rude drama moment drama music drama closeup drama drama soap opera vaginal hormonal DRAMA. 

If I wanted to watch a bunch of 14 year old sissies slapfight, whine, and cry over something, I could go hang out at my sister's house.    When will they debut the Chuck Norris channel?    America needs it.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

jaak

aussiemuscle

Quote from: model maker on June 01, 2012, 02:47:40 PM
WHY DO THEY DO IT WRONG WHEN THEY CAN DO IT RIGHT ?????
umm, not doing it right IS doing it wrong  :pity:

take a breath dude, before you pass out.

Patronus

I would much rather watch something centered around techniques and innovation. A show to show you how, not how to break down under fake pressure.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

HOTROD

The only thing good came out of it the car was saved !! :2thumbs:
looked like shit  :icon_smile_blackeye:
What the Hell-Dumass !

Dino

Quote from: Patronus on June 03, 2012, 08:48:03 PM
I would much rather watch something centered around techniques and innovation. A show to show you how, not how to break down under fake pressure.

Yep it sure would be nice to have a show with more of a how to approach.  With all the weekend bodymen and mechanics that show would draw one hell of a crowd.

Instead we get a half hour parts commercial disguised as a car show.  I used to watch Gearz and picked up a few tricks but now it just drives me nuts to see them pushing the sponsor's crap from start to finish.  I used to watch Two guys garage for the same reason but that one got even worse.  Shows with drama like Overhaulin' or Car warriors are not even on my list, can't stand that crap.

I forget the name but there's a woodworking show that pops up on local tv from time to time and the format is simple, they show you how to make stuff from scratch.  They don't mention what type of tools they use as they are all in plain sight, what more promo would you need?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

UH60L

Quote from: jaak on June 03, 2012, 04:52:49 PM
Quote from: hatersaurusrex on June 03, 2012, 04:14:00 PM
    When will they debut the Chuck Norris channel?    America needs it.

Amen.

Jason

Noone dubuts the Chuck Norris channel, the Chuck Norris channel debuts itself!

(sorry, I just had to do it, he he   :icon_smile_big:    ) 

ACUDANUT

Umm, didn't we already talk about this last year ?

hatersaurusrex

I found the episode on the web and watched most of it.  What I learned:  68 Charger interior parts are really hard to find.   Oh wait, I already knew that.   I also learned that car dealers will tell you that that '11 models are just like the '68.   Could have fooled me :)

Still it was cool to watch, but probably only really interesting if you're the average lay person who wants to live vicariously.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on June 01, 2012, 09:55:38 AM
When you can see waves in the bodywork on tv, I can't imagine how bad that turd looks in person.

probably why they expect to get $25,000 and only get $6,000 or so for most of their cars.  :scratchchin: (most projects are lucky to break even)