News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

elephant

Started by poppa, May 31, 2012, 07:50:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

poppa

What makes an engine a elephant,is it just Hemi's or any big block???
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

charger Downunder

[/quote]

RamZCharger

The 426 Hemi.  It was nicknamed the elephant due to it's heavy weight and large outter dimensions.

404NOTFOUND

Quote from: charger Downunder on May 31, 2012, 07:56:10 AM
The ears.

It must be the ears cause my car has a trunk but still no hemi.
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Ghoste

And contrary to popular myth, elephants are most definitely NOT afraid of mice.  :D   (automotively speaking of course)

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: Ghoste on May 31, 2012, 08:30:44 AM
And contrary to popular myth, elephants are most definitely NOT afraid of mice.  :D   (automotively speaking of course)

.. or rice, for that matter :)
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Bobs69

I thought it had something to do with the valve covers being so wide.

Cooter

Depends on the mouse and the elephant as to who's scared of who. Can't stand against money.

$14K for 2nd Gen. Hemi @ 426 C.I. = around 465 HP...

$14K in a 434 C.I. Small block Chevy..= Around 800 HP with enough left over to maybe buy a trans.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

chaos52

I've heard that the sound of a HEMI at WOT resembles the sound of an elephant bugle/trumpet...

Could be wrong and unfortunately I haven't heard any HEMIs to make the judgement for myself  :'(

TheGhost

Quote from: Cooter on May 31, 2012, 11:15:44 AM
Depends on the mouse and the elephant as to who's scared of who. Can't stand against money.

$14K in a 434 C.I. Small block Chevy..= Around 800 HP with enough left over to maybe buy a trans.

...and I'd still rather have the HEMI.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Lennard

Quote from: TheGhost on May 31, 2012, 01:28:10 PM

:iagree: It's a legend.

Tilar

Wouldn't look right in a Charger.  :nono:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Fred

Quote from: Lennard on May 31, 2012, 02:24:18 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on May 31, 2012, 01:28:10 PM

:iagree: It's a legend.

A Hemi is a Hemi is a Hemi!  :2thumbs:   No prize for second.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Scaregrabber

Actually that $14k spent on a gen 2 Hemi can produce much more than the SBC. Big cams don't cost more than small ones, headers all cost the same, a good intake for a Hemi costs the same as a stock one etc. I'm currently building a 572 with all new parts and it will come in at less than the 426 inch crate engine. I have about $12k in the 472 in my 66 and it's easily good for 650HP.

Sheldon

Tilar

Quote from: Scaregrabber on May 31, 2012, 05:22:26 PM
I have about $12k in the 472 in my 66 and it's easily good for 6540HP.

Sheldon

That's a lotta ponies.    ;)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BananaDan

Ludicrous Speed!   He's gone plaid!

:2thumbs:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Scaregrabber

" That's a lotta ponies.    "

Yeah: I wish! Fixed it.

Sheldon

Fred

Quote from: chaos52 on May 31, 2012, 11:22:55 AM
I've heard that the sound of a HEMI at WOT resembles the sound of an elephant bugle/trumpet...

Could be wrong and unfortunately I haven't heard any HEMIs to make the judgement for myself  :'(

The sound of a Hemi.................is music to my ears.   :musik010:

Cooter

Actually that $14k spent on a gen 2 Hemi can produce much more than the SBC. Big cams don't cost more than small ones, headers all cost the same, a good intake for a Hemi costs the same as a stock one etc. I'm currently building a 572 with all new parts and it will come in at less than the 426 inch crate engine. I have about $12k in the 472 in my 66 and it's easily good for 650HP.

Sheldon

I knew there was one that was gonna mis-read that post.  Sure speed parts cost bout the same. However, you misunderstood the cost of just owning the NEW 2nd GEN HEMI....I can buy a BRAND NEW 434 Chevy for WAY LESS than the $14K it will take to own that Hemi, and it already has the Speed parts in it.
Enuff said....To use your own words, a $12K SBC will eat a 650 HP Hemi's lunch...Hate to break it to ya', but that's a fact. You simply get more for the same money with the SBC. And contrary to popular belief, the elephant is always scared of the mouse. Would I rather own the Hemi instead of the SBC? Sure, for the appeal alone, but when it comes to making top power, for your dollar, the SBC has the Hemi crushed.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ghoste

Cooter

TheGhost

Quote from: Cooter on June 01, 2012, 06:42:24 AM

Sheldon

I knew there was one that was gonna mis-read that post.  Sure speed parts cost bout the same. However, you misunderstood the cost of just owning the NEW 2nd GEN HEMI....I can buy a BRAND NEW 434 Chevy for WAY LESS than the $14K it will take to own that Hemi, and it already has the Speed parts in it.
Enuff said....To use your own words, a $12K SBC will eat a 650 HP Hemi's lunch...Hate to break it to ya', but that's a fact. You simply get more for the same money with the SBC. And contrary to popular belief, the elephant is always scared of the mouse. Would I rather own the Hemi instead of the SBC? Sure, for the appeal alone, but when it comes to making top power, for your dollar, the SBC has the Hemi crushed.

You do realize that nobody here cares, right?  If we did, we'd all be driving fox body mustangs or camaros.

Show me a built chevy 350 making 500+ HP, and a bone stock 340, I'd take the 340 every time.  Dont care for chevy, never have, and never will.  Alot of members here are the same way.

You are on a Mopar forum, posting in a Mopar related topic.  Try not to forget that.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Ghoste

He enjoy being contrary, thats why he has a disclaimer.  Its his way of saying right up front that he's going to tell you something that he already knows you won't like and that he is doing it on purpose so too damned bad.  He calls them facts, we call them whatever.
We all know the sbc is the ultimate, thats why they banned it in Pro Stock.  Oh wait, that was the Hemi that was banned, sorry.
So at the end, yes the Chevy is cheap, yes all Hemi owners are frightened silly of small block Chevy's, yes Cooter is wise, yes Scooby Doo is a talking dog, yes Barney is a purple dinosaur, and yes... Hey!!! A bird is building a nest right outside my window, I think I'll watch that.

PocketThunder

Quote from: BananaDan on May 31, 2012, 07:44:11 PM
Ludicrous Speed!   He's gone plaid!

:2thumbs:

My favorite movie of all time.   :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Cooter

Quote from: Ghoste on June 01, 2012, 10:31:10 AM
He enjoy being contrary, thats why he has a disclaimer.  Its his way of saying right up front that he's going to tell you something that he already knows you won't like and that he is doing it on purpose so too damned bad.  He calls them facts, we call them whatever.
We all know the sbc is the ultimate, thats why they banned it in Pro Stock.  Oh wait, that was the Hemi that was banned, sorry.
So at the end, yes the Chevy is cheap, yes all Hemi owners are frightened silly of small block Chevy's, yes Cooter is wise, yes Scooby Doo is a talking dog, yes Barney is a purple dinosaur, and yes... Hey!!! A bird is building a nest right outside my window, I think I'll watch that.

I could take this the "other way", but I will take the high road here. Have a nice Day Ghost..  Maybe a hug? You gonna be at Carlisle? Would Love to meet ya'....:cheers:

Cooter

Quote from: TheGhost on June 01, 2012, 09:43:03 AM

You are on a Mopar forum, posting in a Mopar related topic.  Try not to forget that.

Again, I will take the high road here. I think it's obvious that you are a diehard Mopar fan and that's great for you, but I sincerely hope you don't think everybody here owns nothing but Mopar, and is willing to just be a "Sheeple" and agree with anything related to Mopar. This is why we have opinions. I mean to do that would seem even more concieted than you seem to think I am. We all Like Mopar for different reasons, but when someone posts something I don't nessesarily agree with, I reply with my opinion...Don't like it?(Said with little flowery sh*t and stuff), Don't read it.

TheGhost

Quote from: Cooter on June 01, 2012, 11:58:12 AM
Quote from: TheGhost on June 01, 2012, 09:43:03 AM

Again, I will take the high road here. I think it's obvious that you are a diehard Mopar fan and that's great for you, but I sincerely hope you don't think everybody here owns nothing but Mopar, and is willing to just be a "Sheeple" and agree with anything related to Mopar. This is why we have opinions. I mean to do that would seem even more concieted than you seem to think I am. We all Like Mopar for different reasons, but when someone posts something I don't nessesarily agree with, I reply with my opinion...Don't like it?(Said with little flowery sh*t and stuff), Don't read it.

Actually, Cooter, I also happen to be a big Pontiac fan (would love a 66 GTO or a 77 Bandit).  However, I don't click on a thread about Chargers, and then post a reply talking about how much better a Judge is.

Common sense.

Ghoste

Unfortunately I won't be at Carlisle for the July event.  I would like to meet you too though as believe it or not, I honestly think you and I would find more common ground than not in person.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

John_Kunkel

Quote from: TheGhost on June 01, 2012, 12:12:13 PM
post a reply talking about how much better a Judge is.

But if it was a Taurus Judge that'd be different.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Bobs69

Allright to lighten things up a bit.  TheGhost, I think it was THEGHOST and not just GHOST who said who cares blah blah blah if we did we would all own fox body mustangs and camaros..............

So here it is, I'm seriously considering buying a fox body mustang.   I want to give the Charger a break.  I'm not getting any fun or satifaction from it.  That being said, could that be considered a failure!

Oh, I also think the 77 Bandit is one hell of a good looking car.