News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stance Adjustment - Before & After

Started by OldGuy, May 30, 2012, 07:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Before and after photo's.
Okay - we put the spring blocks back in.  They are 1 1/2" tall.  It lowered it down a bit - at least to a level I can live with.  What do you all think now?
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

OldGuy

Let both horses out of the garage to stretch their legs.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

what brand rear sway bar is that ???   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

OldGuy

Quote from: moparstuart on May 30, 2012, 09:31:17 PM
what brand rear sway bar is that ???   
Got it from Performance Suspension Components.  Item # HEL6903 - Dodge 1973-76 Dart, Duster & Scamp rear anti-sway bar 1" diameter.  It really makes a difference in the ride and keeping the car on the road.  The 1968 Charger that it is on rides a lot firmer than the 1969 that doesn't have one.

autodynamics

Needs to be lower
And get rid of those $13.00 shocks
Trust me they suck

FLG

Quote from: autodynamics on May 31, 2012, 12:19:45 AM
Needs to be lower
And get rid of those $13.00 shocks
Trust me they suck

I agree..i like rakes on these cars but why must they be run so high?

Going 2" drop spindles on mine.

tan top

Quote from: OldGuy on May 30, 2012, 07:51:43 PM
Before and after photo's.
Okay - we put the spring blocks back in.  They are 1 1/2" tall.  It lowered it down a bit - at least to a level I can live with.  What do you all think now?

:drool5: :coolgleamA: 

looks better lower at the back  :yesnod: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

6pkrunner

Another inch drop in the rear should be perfection.

tan top

Quote from: 6pkrunner on May 31, 2012, 05:39:39 AM
Another inch drop in the rear should be perfection.

:yesnod:  what i was thinking too
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

AirborneSilva

Patronus

OG, what are you running for exhaust? Got a pic?
(on the '68)
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

bull

I think it looks a lot better, and I think it looks fine the way it is now. How did it get so high to begin with?

OldGuy

Quote from: Patronus on June 01, 2012, 12:09:48 AM
OG, what are you running for exhaust? Got a pic?
(on the '68)

Temporary fix until the TTI pipes come.

OldGuy

Quote from: bull on June 01, 2012, 12:19:44 AM
I think it looks a lot better, and I think it looks fine the way it is now. How did it get so high to begin with?

Still trying to figure it out.  The 1969 has 3 leaves in the springs and the 1968 has 5 leaves.  That is the way it was when we got it.  Probably could just remove a couple of leaves from the springs and that would work, as well.  Just easier to put the blocks in at this point.  I don't want to go to high on the blocks due to possible rearend twist.  This is still work in progress on an ongoing basis.

Patronus

Ok, so what muffler did you tuck up there?
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

Budnicks

"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

model maker

OLDGUY, is that your green 69 charger in the driveway ? If so, can you post some new pictures of it with a couple with the headlight doors open ? I have always liked how the front of the 69 charger looks with the headlight doors open when parked. this is how I saw a co workers 69 charger r/t se in 1973. i was working at jack in the box when i was in high school and my co worker had his charger backed in and his light doors were always left open when he parked it, he would turn the car off & then he would turn the lights on & off a few times until he exhausted all the vaccum & it just gave his Charger a very aggressive look to it with the headlights looking back at you from deep inside the darkness of the headight area like  eyes peering out of a dark cave & the 69 grilles center piece added to the AGGRESSIVENESS  of that look, the center nose made the headlights look like they were even further back inside.  Photos taken From in front, above, and off to the side looks the most aggressive. This is how i saw his Charger every day and then I was hooked from that point on to the 69 Dodge Charger. any pictures you could take of the green 69 would be appreciated.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

OldGuy

Quote from: Patronus on June 01, 2012, 12:40:35 PM
None  :D - The neighbors hate it when I start it up :icon_smile_cool:

OldGuy

Model Maker - Bert:
I will have the 69 Charger out tomorrow for a cruise-in in the morning.  Will take some pic's of it in various poses for you ;D

Patronus

Quote from: OldGuy on June 01, 2012, 05:13:40 PM
Quote from: Patronus on June 01, 2012, 12:40:35 PM
None  :D - The neighbors hate it when I start it up :icon_smile_cool:

:o Niiiiice
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

model maker

Quote from: OldGuy on June 01, 2012, 05:18:15 PM
Model Maker - Bert:
I will have the 69 Charger out tomorrow for a cruise-in in the morning.  Will take some pic's of it in various poses for you ;D

Thanks OldGuy, I really appreciate it. Your Charger looks OUTSTANDING, in the Green with the chrome wheels. The color just looks nice and i am sure you get a LOT of compliments on your Charger.
Bert
MODEL MAKER

charge69

Be sure to post the pics here !  The '69 green one looks very nice and we all would appreciate the pics !

model maker

MODEL MAKER

ACUDANUT

I love it. I raise all my ass ends. It just looks better IMO.  KEEP IT THE WAY IT IS

firefighter3931

Old Guy ; can you post a pic of the rear shackles with the car sitting on the ground ?  It looks like the spring eye might be pinching the frame rails and facing forward instead of the neutral position. This will raise the back of the car significantly....seen this before  :yesnod:  

Properly set-up the shackle should be vertical or facing slightly towards the rear bumper.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

OldGuy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 01, 2012, 09:10:56 PM
Old Guy ; can you post a pic of the rear shackles with the car sitting on the ground ?  It looks like the spring eye might be pinching the frame rails and facing forward instead of the neutral position. This will raise the back of the car significantly....seen this before  :yesnod:  

Properly set-up the shackle should be vertical or facing slightly towards the rear bumper.  :2thumbs:

Ron
Ron,
Thanks for the input.  I will have it down off the lift tomorrow and will take some pics and post them up.
Carl

OldGuy

Just a little teaser before taking pics tomorrow.  Had a friend photoshop the background on one of my photos.

OldGuy

OldGuy

Pics for Model Maker-Bert:

OldGuy

OldGuy

Pics didn't upload on previous post.

OldGuy

Ron-
Pic of shackle angle - looks to be in the right position.

firefighter3931

Quote from: OldGuy on June 02, 2012, 12:58:58 PM
Ron-

Yep, that's just about perfect as far as the shackle angle is concerned.  :2thumbs:

I'm just wondering why there is so much arch on those leafs  :scratchchin: My old Super Stock springs didn't have the rear up as high ?  :shruggy:

There's allways the option of having them de-arched at a spring/suspension shop.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

OldGuy

Quote from: firefighter3931 on June 02, 2012, 02:46:21 PM
Quote from: OldGuy on June 02, 2012, 12:58:58 PM
Ron-

Yep, that's just about perfect as far as the shackle angle is concerned.  :2thumbs:

I'm just wondering why there is so much arch on those leafs  :scratchchin: My old Super Stock springs didn't have the rear up as high ?  :shruggy:

There's allways the option of having them de-arched at a spring/suspension shop.  :yesnod:

Ron

The springs on my 1969 have just a very slight arch in them - they almost look flat and with only 3 leaves, so I don't know what the story is with these springs.  Although they make the car ride a little higher, the car feels real tight and holds the road well.

model maker

Thank you OldGuy :2thumbs: Your Charger looks OUTSTANDING !! usually green is not a color i would choose for a charger however, I have just changed my mind after seeing how nice it looks. There is just something about your Charger that got my attention when you took the picture of your yellow 68 in the driveway. Your tire/wheel combination plus the color really make your Charger stand out like a show car, I bet it IS a show car. Thanks for the open headlight door pictures, There is something about a 69 Charger parked with the light  doors open and the headlights peering out with the grills nosecone giving it the AGGRESSIVE, "STRICTLY BUSINESS " ATTITUDE.  :2thumbs:
I had a 1973 Mustang mach 1 that was almost the same color green with green interior, the same color as the mustang in the movie "BULLIT".
You have a great looking Charger OldGuy, it really shows pride in ownership.
BERT
MODEL MAKER

ACUDANUT

I hate green and close the doors.  :icon_smile_big:

OldGuy

Quote from: ACUDANUT on June 03, 2012, 10:39:55 AM
I hate green and close the doors.  :icon_smile_big:
I took the pictures that way at the request of Model Maker - so if you can't handle it, don't look at the pictures.

model maker

Thank you OldGuy, your Charger looks great INSIDE & OUT and THANK YOU for taking those  "open headlight door " pictures I had asked for.
Bert
Model maker
MODEL MAKER

Wicked72

she looks fantastic!!! I was thinking of using hypercoil leafs to get mine a bit lower.
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Bob T

Hey OldGuy, your car looks good and if you're happy with the result, then sweet  :2thumbs:, I had just pumped up my KYB airshocks yesterday for the first time since I've owned the car, it had a slight rub on the LH when going over a bump with two people in.
A tyre guy mate of mine recommended 80lbs and it raised up to 1 1/8'' above the 295/50/15 and we were out cruising with 3 up yesterday 1 of which is a big guy , it handled well and had no rub, still trying to get used to the extra height/stance though, just looks a bit too high.
Likely will put some gas shocks in at a later date, not really sold on airshocks

Thanks for tip on shackles Ron  :2thumbs:  my shackles are facing slightly rearward, maybe de-arching the springs later on could be a plan
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

OldGuy

Bob T - your 68 is looking good!  The bottom/last picture looks like your car is almost level from back to front; is that with the shocks deflated?

Bob T

Quote from: OldGuy on June 03, 2012, 05:23:39 PM
Bob T - your 68 is looking good!  The bottom/last picture looks like your car is almost level from back to front; is that with the shocks deflated?

Cheers mate, enjoying the hell out of finally driving it now. Thats with 80lbs in them, they had zero in them before and the height difference is about 1 1/2+'' , arch trim  was about 3/8 below rear tyre , bit hard to see because of the dark in the carpark
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

ACUDANUT