News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Motorcyclist Clocked @ 193 MPH on NY Highway.......In the Rain!

Started by Old Moparz, May 31, 2012, 12:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Maybe the plan was to beat the rain drops to stay dry?   :shruggy:

My guess is that if something were to go wrong at that speed on a bike, you'd be history without even knowing it was coming.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway
Associated Press

ROSENDALE, N.Y. (AP) — Authorities say a 28-year-old man in upstate New York has been charged with driving his motorcycle at nearly 200 mph on a highway in the rain. State police say a trooper clocked Anthony Anderson of Poughkeepsie driving at 193 mph around 8 p.m Wednesday in the southbound lanes of Interstate 87 just south of Albany, the same stretch of road where another motorcyclist was spotted doing 166 mph earlier this month.

The trooper was able to get a description of the high-performance bike and alerted nearby patrols. Troopers eventually stopped Anderson in the town of Rosendale. He told them he was headed to a hospital to visit a patient. Anderson was issued 14 traffic tickets, including one for speeding. It couldn't be immediately determined if he had a lawyer.

http://news.yahoo.com/motorcyclist-clocked-going-193-mph-ny-highway-113500876.html
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Indygenerallee

Dude is nutz! I don't ride bikes (Too damn big at 6'8 300 lbs) I had a friend died on a Ninja back in the late 90's he hit a deer!!! No thanks I will keep my 4 wheels!!! No need to go that damn fast in anything unless your on the salt flats!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

PocketThunder

Didnt they have this happen a couple years ago and the bike forum community determined the bike the guy was riding wasnt capable of doing the speed the news reported?  I seem to remember that anyways.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 31, 2012, 03:16:30 PM
Didnt they have this happen a couple years ago and the bike forum community determined the bike the guy was riding wasnt capable of doing the speed the news reported?  I seem to remember that anyways.

This is local to me...  and Bob for that matter.    Here's the link to the local paper story from today.   

http://dailyfreeman.com/articles/2012/05/31/blotter/doc4fc7408a890df884452150.txt
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

skip68

My gsx1300r would do 194 MPH wide open and I have the video to prove it.   :coolgleamA:   However, I was not in traffic like that idiot was.   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mrsskip68

Funny your online Chuckie. I was just about to say, "This is something my husband would and has done as far as speed (Plus a few)!."  :coolgleamA:
Lisa