News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Charger Rear Window Interior trim

Started by PlainfieldCharger, May 30, 2012, 07:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlainfieldCharger

Got this car with the interior rear window trim missing. Got the kit from Trim Parts and I am curious how the corners attach. I have read some posts on here and they talk about screwing them in. There on no holes for this on the trim. The rest of the trim appears to push onto the clips. Any pics or advice much appreciated ;)

Fred

You need to match the exsisting holes provided in the metal to the trim.
see pic..............

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

PlainfieldCharger

I thought those had to be screwed in ;). Just thought they would have had the holes pre drilled ::). Now, to get those lined up. I guess it is good that the clips in the corner have a slot in them. Thanks for your time in posting the Pic. :cheers:

Fred

Pre drilled holes!..........That would make it all too easy. :lol:

And you're welcome.  :2thumbs:

Patronus

Quote from: PlainfieldCharger on May 30, 2012, 07:12:36 PM
Got this car with the interior rear window trim missing. Got the kit from Trim Parts and I am curious how the corners attach. I have read some posts on here and they talk about screwing them in. There on no holes for this on the trim. The rest of the trim appears to push onto the clips. Any pics or advice much appreciated ;)

Post a pic of your "trim." I got the "kit" from Trim Parts, and it was NOTHING like the original. Just some cheap extruded vinyl that you push on. (better than nothing I guess) I cant say for the corners as... you guessed it, those were extra. The original look similar to Fred's, ridged plastic with 2 screws per corner.
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

macca3441

Mine arrived today from Dante's.
It's a Trim Parts, and it looks exactly like Fred's!
It even has the holes pre-drilled in the corner pieces ready to go!
I guess the proof will be in the fitted product!

Wade

PlainfieldCharger

My set looks like Freds, I know that this set was bought years ago. Maybe the new ones come with the holes pre drilled.

Fred

Quote from: macca3441 on June 12, 2012, 10:55:05 PM
Mine arrived today from Dante's.
It's a Trim Parts, and it looks exactly like Fred's!
It even has the holes pre-drilled in the corner pieces ready to go!
I guess the proof will be in the fitted product!

Wade

Yes, keep us posted Wade.

macca3441

Will let you guys know how it fits when the headliner gets done in a week or so.

Wade

macca3441

Interior is finished! Looks a million bucks on what it looked like previously!
As for the Trim Parts rear window trim I got........it's ok, but not great. It's ok for me as mine's a driver, but it wouldn't be acceptable for a show vehicle!
Now my interior's completed - bring on Mopar Sunday in a few weeks time!!!!

Wade

Fred

roger440

Quote from: macca3441 on July 05, 2012, 03:49:28 PM
Interior is finished! Looks a million bucks on what it looked like previously!
As for the Trim Parts rear window trim I got........it's ok, but not great. It's ok for me as mine's a driver, but it wouldn't be acceptable for a show vehicle!
Now my interior's completed - bring on Mopar Sunday in a few weeks time!!!!

Wade

In what way do you not think its acceptable? Curious as i may be forced to buy one. Second hand is proving elusive here in the UK :(
1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE
1970 Plymouth Roadrunner - SOLD
2017 HSV Maloo
2003 Holden SS Ute
1970 Triumph 2000 Estate, fitted Rover V8
1961 Standard Atlas
1980 Triumph Dolomite Sprint
1974 Triumph Stag
2003 Subaru Forester

macca3441

Hi mate,

Where the ends of the corner pieces meet the side pieces, they dont meet snug. they leave a gap!
Will take a pic on Monday and post it here!
Like I said....they're not bad, just not perfect!

Wade

macca3441

You get an idea of what I mean by looking at the reflection, instead of the actual piece!
Like I said, not bad, just could have been better!!
Wade

PlainfieldCharger

Looks great straight on. Maybe a little sun will fix er up.