News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HARD times call for HARD decisions - How much should I ask?

Started by ChargerBill, February 02, 2006, 12:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orange_Crush

Why you can or can't get employed is not the topic of the thread.  You have to eat so the Charger has to go.  End of story. Perfectly understandable.

Two years ago, I sold a '69 SE 383 4barrel car with moderate rust in the quarters and NO bodywork completed never disassembled and in running condition for $8,400.00.

If you want to maximize the amount of money you can get for this car, there are only two ways to do it.

1.  Part it out and ebay it.  The NOS parts alone can make you a lot of money

2.  Spend a weekend bolting it together and sell it as a running (or at least rolling) car.

As it sits, If you want to sell it, I'll give you 6 thousand dollars for it cash, but you need to send me pictures first.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

ChargerBill

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on February 03, 2006, 08:15:05 AM
they were actually hiting two part-time people to do the job

That sounds pretty harsh. Does she get hit HALF as much, considering she's doing twice the work... JK, I know what you mean, sometimes you have to MAKE your own opportunities. I spent all night online last night looking at growth industries, job specific training, tech schools and Masters programs. I'm hoping to get to the county office soon (today) and also to see what is coming up on the community job board at church. A friend of mine work for our local water utility company (Nevada Irrigation District) and said a lot of managers are retiring soon, and our local paper had an article about teachers all retiring at once coming up verys soon (baby boomers), so I have my work cut out for me as far as searching goes, but it should all work out....I hope.

I also looked at degrees in:

Industrial Design (including Auomotive)
Civil Engineering
Aerospace Tech
Computer Software Engineering
Computer and Info Systems Engineering OR Management
Mangement Consulting (including Six Sigma)
Art/Creative Director

They are all industries with very high growth predictions. (other than Civil Engineering and Art Director wich are AVERAGE growth)

Chris, I KNOW I can make more money parting it out. The problem is that I'm not approaching this from a "flippers" mentality, I'm approaching it from a car guys mentality. I was never in this to make money in the first place I was in it because I love Chargers and cars in general. If I am going to squeeze every last penny out of this project, then I will have to switch my thinking.

OC, that's a decent offer...not sure I could get more on ebay...maybe not. Let me get parts and stuff out and take some pics - once I am sure I am selling that is.
Life is a highway...

69_500

I'm going to throw out a figure of what I've been seeing project cars around this are of the country trading hands for, and I think that you could get $9-12,000 out of the car in the condition you describe.

As far as all of the other comments, I hope I didn't offend you with anything I said. There aren't too many people on here that I don't like. I don't get along with everyone, but then again in every aspect of life there are bound to people you dislike or don't always agree with.

I was meerly just trying to give you a suggestion that might allow you to keep the car as well. I didn't know you had already been doing what I suggest, until I had asked. Sorry if it seemed like I was kicking a dead horse, I wasn't up to date on everything, as in reality I shouldn't be as it isn't my business. I was meerly trying to offer any advice I could.

Side note, I know you said you don't want to try bouncing again. Have you ever given any thought of being a personal trainer? As in working at a gym. I know you work out quite a bit and all, just wondering if you had ever given that any thought.

72Rallye440

Charger Bill,
With your graphic design ability maybe you should take a look in the sign industry? I'm a sales rep in Cincinnati Ohio for a company that supplies materials to franchise sign shops such as Fastsigns, Signs By Tomorrow, Sign A Rama. This industry is always looking for graphic designers just because of the technical aspect this industry has on in the last few years. If I can help or if you need some leads please let me know!

Dewey.Jones@fellers.com

Big Lebowski

If you must sell, I agree with the others, spend a week making a roller out of it. E-bay people want to see it on all 4 tires, and out in the sun. By then things will have changed, you might even be working enough to keep it.
   I used to have 5 Chargers at all times, I'd get nervous if went below 3 or 4. I learned one thing about selling Chargers....Sell when you WANT to, not when you NEED to, otherwise you might give in too easily on the $$$. I know you won't do that.   
                                   Dude.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."