News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A/C heater core o-ring size?

Started by Ranman69SE, June 01, 2012, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman69SE

Does anyone happen to know the exact size of the o-rings that seal between the heater core and feed tubes on an AC car (1969)??  Or, who might carry them?  I purchased new rings at a local hardware store that I think are close, but they seem like they may be a bit too small as the pipes go on pretty easily (I have not yet pressure tested it to see if they seal).  I know DMT sells a complete rebuild kit, but I really just need the correct o-rings, and I really don't want this thing to leak once installed  :rotz:
'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200

PlainfieldCharger

Just received that DMT kit. Measured up those o rings. OD 11/16    ID 9/16  Remeber to buy the nitrile rings. Why they had so many possible connections and possible fail points :shruggy:Just seems it could have been different.

Ranman69SE

Thanks!  I was just about to ask you how thick the rubber is, then the two remaining brain cells I have decided to get together and help me realize that if I subtract the i.d. from the o.d., then divide by two.........voila!  :icon_smile_big:
'69 Charger SE 493
'65 Pontiac GTO 6.5 Liter Tripower 4-spd convertible
'78 Ford F250 4x4 SuperCab 460
'85 Yamaha FJ1100
'91 Yamaha FJ1200