News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need advice please, Dealer issue

Started by rick.d, May 29, 2012, 02:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rick.d

Back in February my wife bought a new 2012 Dodge Journey, she wanted the Uconnect with bluetooth and the dealer "found" her one without the Uconnect but put in the contract that they would order it fron Dodge and install it. They said it would take about 30 days to get it. So now every time we call to check they tell us stuff like "Chrysler has not released it yet for purchase, but it is on backorder" I called the customer care number and they confirmed that it was not available at this time. Nobody can even confirm IF they are gonna release it. So basically, they promised her something that was not even available to make the sale. Thank god we got it in writing. So, i need some advice, if there are any Dodge techs on here, how difficult would this be to install, assuming they do end up getting it? Or is it not doable?

Also, if they cannot get this done as they agreed to, how much longer should i give they before i pursue legal action? Last time i was in there asking about the status, they actually threw around the idea of getting an aftermarket one for her! I pretty much squashed that right there. This thing is a couple grand on the sticker price too.

Thank guys!

SRT-440

Tell them to give you the money they charged you for it and go get something installed aftermarket..prolly will be better anyways.  :Twocents:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

68X426

Quote from: SRT-440 on May 29, 2012, 02:59:54 PM
Tell them to give you the money they charged you for it and go get something installed aftermarket..prolly will be better anyways.  :Twocents:

:iagree:

And it shouldn't take any legal action, this is an easy one.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

moparstuart

i would make them replace the car with what you wanted , make them get a car with it factory optioned . Thats what they promised and you have waited long enough .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

stripedelete

Is it priced out seperately on the sales contract? 

myk

I'd ask for the money back since it's taking so long.  However, if you really want this thing I guess you're going to have to wait it out... :shruggy:

resq302

Id go back and complain.  Id certainly ask for your money back or have them provide you with the vehicle that was spec'd out.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BBKNARF

Quote from: 68X426 on May 29, 2012, 03:23:40 PM
Quote from: SRT-440 on May 29, 2012, 02:59:54 PM

:iagree:

And it shouldn't take any legal action, this is an easy one.

x2  :iagree:
68 Charger, slowly in the works, 451 c.i. approx. 535 hp @ the flywheel, so far best time in the 1/4
11.21 @ 119 mph, full exhaust, stock suspension, 4:10s @ 3640 pounds.

rick.d

Thanks for all the advice. I did some checking at two other dealers and from what i understand, they would have to change the whole radio and rearview mirror (that's where the microphone is) and the radio is around $2400.

The dealer we got it from seems to be looking into a "mopar accessories" catalogue, rather than setting it up just as it would be if Dodge built it that way. These other dealers are telling me that it is not going to happen and to go tell the GM of the dealership that they offered me something and cannot deliver, so either get me a factory $2400 radio and take the hit, or like some of you all said, the cash, or another car with the Uconnect installed from the factory. So i will go there after work tomorrow and i hope it goes well.

404NOTFOUND

I can see why they calll it "U Connect".
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.