News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Added a new car to the family.

Started by 71 b-body charger, May 29, 2012, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 b-body charger

Well as of last Saturday I added another car to our family  :laugh:. Its a 1972 Dodge Charger SE. Body is absolutely perfect, Ill add pics when i get the chance. It was originally a 400 car. I bought it from a guy in northern MN not to far from where i live and i have to say i love it. The guy had bought it from some guy who drank a lot in Arizona. Lots of random parts were chromed (dont know why). My main concern is it didnt have a motor or tranny, I have a 318 From my 71 Parts car that i want to drop into it, Would the K-Frame for a big block work for my 318 or do i have to use the old K-Frame??
1972 Charger SE

72Charger-SE

Congrats on the new addition!  Can't wait see pictures of the your 'new born'...   

71 b-body charger

For some reason it wont let me upload my photos..... Anyone know why??
1972 Charger SE

nvrbdn

mabey too big. resize the pics to web large. they need to be less than 200. then you may have to rename the photo since you tried it once. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

71 b-body charger

Alright it still isnt letting me upload pictures, Ive resized them, changed the names (multiple times). This is the message that pops up "Sorry! There is already an attachment with the same filename as the one you tried to upload. Please rename the file and try again."
1972 Charger SE

72Charger-SE

Rename it something random...   72charger2467653456 for example... that might help...

71 b-body charger

Lets see if any of these work
1972 Charger SE

71 b-body charger

Alright it wont let me upload another one so heres the link to where i bought the car. http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/showthread.php?p=909731502#post909731502, As you will see im one lucky kid for both the price, and body shape this car is in :coolgleamA:
1972 Charger SE

71 b-body charger

Wont be able to get pictures up untill tomorrow some time. So far ive started to take out the old and rotting floor pan, and i have to say its going a lot smoother then i thought it would. Its hard to find the smot welds in the rusted portion of the drivers side bit all is well. Im buying a 449 from a family friend that has the chance to pick uo 2 440 motors for $150 and yes they are complete :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: 71 b-body charger on June 10, 2012, 10:15:45 PM
Wont be able to get pictures up untill tomorrow some time. So far ive started to take out the old and rotting floor pan, and i have to say its going a lot smoother then i thought it would. Its hard to find the smot welds in the rusted portion of the drivers side bit all is well. Im buying a 449 from a family friend that has the chance to pick uo 2 440 motors for $150 and yes they are complete :2thumbs:

Oh sweet that's only 75 apiece, have him sell me the other one for $125 and he makes an easy 50 bucks!
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

gschmidt211

I don't think anyone answered your initial question.  The k-frame you have will work fine for a 318.  The k-frame was the same for all of the motors, except the /6.  I do believe the 440 k-frame just had the extra skid plate welded to it.  This changed in '73 with the rubber insulators.  Then you would have to worry about it, but with a 1972, you are fine.  Should drop right in.

Good luck.
Greg
1972 Charger Rallye
2014 Ram Outdoorsman 3.6L 4x2
1978 D100 Utiline Standard Cab

71 b-body charger

Still working on getting the floor pan out and boy, now its not as easy as i thought it would be. Breaking the little bit of weld left is a pain in my rear. I wont be able to get much more done till saturday or sunday night due to a volley ball game tomorrow, my birthday friday, and our car club car show saturday. At mopars in the park the first weekend in june i ordered a carpet from laysons restorations and it should be here either friday or saturday  :popcrn: I cant wait to finally get that floor oan out and my new one in. I now take everyone seriously when they say they put blood sweat and tears into their project cause i have put a lot of sweat, more blood then i wanted to and no tears (yet) into this car.
1972 Charger SE

tan top

looks good from the pictures  :yesnod:  :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

71 b-body charger

http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t404/72-Charger-SE/
Heres my photo Bucket page, i will be updating pics to this instead of to this site
1972 Charger SE

71 b-body charger

I didnt get a whole lot accomplished over this past weekend with my birthday, set up of our car show, our car show, and clean up. I did however get some new tools. I finally got a nice compressor and some air tools to help get the rest of my floor pan out. It includes a power chisel set, and a sheet metal cutter. I will upload the photos to my Photobucket account so you all can see.    http://s1058.photobucket.com/albums/t404/72-Charger-SE/
1972 Charger SE

AirborneSilva

If you have the pictures uploaded to PhotoBucket you should have no problem loading them here....   :shruggy:

71 b-body charger

Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 18, 2012, 08:43:40 AM
If you have the pictures uploaded to PhotoBucket you should have no problem loading them here....   :shruggy:
I now know how to upload them here from photobucket, Im not all so tech savey for being a 17 yr old
1972 Charger SE

71 b-body charger

Heres what i found when i dropped my dash Started to pull little by little on the floor pan to see what i missed on spot welds The process of me driling out spot welds Passenger side floor pan near the back More spot welds                                        Another angle on the floor pan
My new air compressor
My new air tools
1972 Charger SE

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 71 b-body charger on June 18, 2012, 09:58:41 AM
I now know how to upload them here from photobucket, Im not all so tech savey for being a 17 yr old
Cool deal, glad you got it figured out  :2thumbs:

71 b-body charger

Quote from: AirborneSilva on June 18, 2012, 10:18:22 AM
Quote from: 71 b-body charger on June 18, 2012, 09:58:41 AM
Cool deal, glad you got it figured out  :2thumbs:
Thanks, I hope to get something done on this car this week. But with my step dad working shift work, its hard to accomplish anything. Untill hes off i cant get the compressor hooked up. I Might be able to get the few dents out of my fender, and the one out of the front valance.  :2thumbs:
1972 Charger SE

71 b-body charger

Got a little more accomplished sence my last post. Got my floor pan out (bout to upload to photobucket) and bought a new motor 7451 miles on it. Its a 2011 challanger R/T 5.7 hemi 6 speed. Full turn key drop out which includes dash harness, bidy harness, pedal clusters, shifter, throttle control.
1972 Charger SE

AirborneSilva

Quote from: 71 b-body charger on July 06, 2012, 12:35:31 AM
Got a little more accomplished sence my last post. Got my floor pan out (bout to upload to photobucket) and bought a new motor 7451 miles on it. Its a 2011 challanger R/T 5.7 hemi 6 speed. Full turn key drop out which includes dash harness, bidy harness, pedal clusters, shifter, throttle control.

Sweet!  I have thought about doing the same thing, you got lot's of work ahead....  Take lots of pics so we can follow along  :2thumbs:

71 b-body charger

It shouldnt be too hard, The main things im worrying about at this point is, getting the floor pan cut just right for the shifter, finding a way to use the old counsel with out it having problems, (Might just buy a manual counsel) And making brackets so we can attatch the motor mounts to the K-frame with out getting problems. Between my step dad (Electrition)  and my uncle (Restored a 71 Charger R/T) I think it should go semi smoothly. Just cant wait to get it on the road for the first test drive :coolgleamA:
1972 Charger SE

AirborneSilva

will be following this thread to see how it progresses  :yesnod:

71 b-body charger

Got a few pictures of my motor the other day, ive uploaded the pictures of the motor and of the speedo to show exact miles, to my photobucket account. Link found in an earlier post.
1972 Charger SE