News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood Turn signal Gaskets?

Started by PlainfieldCharger, May 29, 2012, 09:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlainfieldCharger

I have some new aftermarket Hood turn signals. Just curious if a gasket goes between the hood and the lens :shruggy:
It would make sense but I cannot see how one would install. Any thoughts much appreciated :2thumbs:

billschroeder5842

Mine had no gasket....I don't know if it ever came with one, but it does not have one now!
Texas Proud!

Just 6T9 CHGR

No gasket there....only between the lens & the bulb housing.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 29, 2012, 04:58:25 PM
No gasket there....only between the lens & the bulb housing.

Yup, that thin rectangular gasket is to seal up the lens to the bulb housing to prevent any moisture from getting in or corrosion from forming.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

PlainfieldCharger

What happens when the water pools in that area and drips into the engine compartment :o   Not a big problem that my car is not a driver. But dosen't make sense that the factory did not put something there. Sounds like a new gasket for one of our aftermarket guys....

twodko

Re: hood mounted turn signal
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:41:24 AM »

The thin flimsy gaskets go between the lens and housing. The lens originally attached to the housings with four small plastic pins on the underside of the lens. The pins were broken on one of my lens so I used small drops of silicon sealer at each corner along with the gaskets. Also coat the bulb housing with some dielectric grease before slipping it into the main housing.   
Any water getting into the engine bay would be insignificant.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

PlainfieldCharger

I have tubes of dielectric grease. Great stuff ;) Thanks for your replies.