News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Challenger door keys and re-keying locks

Started by oldcarnut, May 28, 2012, 09:06:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldcarnut

I got a 70 Chally yesterday and after getting it home I found out the neither the trunk or ignition key will unlock the door.  I cant remember which key is supposed to open was there a 3rd key for the doors?  Is it possuible to pull the existing locks and have them repinned to one of the keys I have?  This brings up another question too.  How many of you guys rekey your locks after you get the car as a theft deterent from a former owner?

Alaskan_TA

Door & ignition key are the same originally. Assuming you tried it in the doors teeth up, the ignition has likely been swapped.

Any good locksmith can re-key them for you.

Chryco Psycho

At one point I had 4 Mopars all keyed the same , saved a lot of time with keys , I could drive my truck to the track & use the same key in the race car etc , Being a locksmith I did all kinds of cool stuff with them .
They are easy to pin , an auto based locksmith will be a better bet , some locksmiths do a lot of commercial stuff & may not have the old pin kits for the cars .

myk