News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Awesome Memorial Day Show

Started by 68X426, May 28, 2012, 12:12:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68X426

I had a great experience at the Manteca California Memorial Day Show. It was very special commemoration for veterans, a wonderful patriotic day and tremendous community event (something like 5000 attendees).

Steve (aka ChargerSteve67) joined in. Over 200 cars were there, and his Charger and my Road Runner were the only Mopar muscle cars. This is Chevy country.  :brickwall:  Steve will post up cool pics I am sure. Here's the treat we had - a great day with an air show and military choppers and planes. Unexpected, as I didn't read the flyer, thought I was going to a veterans memorial but didn't know there was so much more.

The first pics are of a Coast Guard Dolphin and Army Chinook. Tours being given and air action to follow.

A C17 Transport did many multiple flyovers. These four pics are of the C17 flying directly over my Road Runner. I fell over with joy and snapped pics while the ground shook from the big jets. This bird was about 200 feet overhead. :icon_smile_big:

The Chinook put on a demonstration and it was incredible too. Precision to awe anyone, with just a little more horsepower than my Hemi (two 4,700 horse motors, top speed 196 mph). It was the precision flight that impressed.

So all you Northern and Central California folks, I'll post a reminder next year and maybe we can get a group together for a great day in the park and salute our vets.  :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

68X426

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

ChgrSteve67

Looks like we posted our threads at the same time.  LOL

How was the Modesto cruise-in Dan?

68X426

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on May 28, 2012, 10:31:08 AM
Looks like we posted our threads at the same time.  LOL

How was the Modesto cruise-in Dan?

In a close contest, I posted 51 seconds earlier.  :smilielol:

Zero, nada, nothing in Mo-town. They had all gone home. :shruggy:

Update: the formal portion of the Manteca event was the Welcome Home Heroes Traveling Tribute.  It is powerful, emotionally moving, and beautifully done. Thank you so much to the Welcome Home Heroes organization for their work. http://welcomehomeheroes.com/

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

twodko

I'll see you guys there next year fo sho!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

68X426

Tom, I would have told you all about this event and hoped you would join in, but had absolutely no idea it would be so special. It was a complete surprise. Let's hope we can make it happen in 2013.

We Want to Help You.

1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

sanders7981

Awesome pics!  I have been in both the C-17 and a CH-47, Marine Corps Version of the Chinook.  For such an old bird, it can still do some amazing things.   :2thumbs:

twodko

No worries Dan, you're still da man!
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

400/6/PAC

taxspeaker

Fantastic Pics! Thanks for posting
Semper Fi