News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger Heritage Kit....

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, May 26, 2012, 09:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

What do those items usually run? What's the Mopar tax rate on this  :shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Atleast they are recognizing the Heritage for once. Chrysler Has never been great about that. The muscle car era IMO was the best years Crysler ever had.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69CoronetRT

So which is it?

"1969 Dodge Charger Heritage Collection Kit
Part of the Mopar Heritage Collection, the 1968 Dodge Charger.

It would be worth $375 if they included the engineering drawings also. That would answer a lot of questions.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BrianShaughnessy

Yikes...   don't need that collection of stuff that bad.  :-\    They're also doing a 70 Chally set.  Same price.    They might sell a few but not many.

And along with being out of touch price wise... here's 9 tee shirts in a box for $259.   Of course you could buy them individually for $22.95 each.   You do the math  :P
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

stripedelete

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 26, 2012, 09:58:16 PM
Atleast they are recognizing the Heritage for once. Chrysler Has never been great about that. The muscle car era IMO was the best years Crysler ever had.

Recognizing,,,, or maybe Monetizing.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: stripedelete on May 27, 2012, 09:59:11 AM
Quote from: 1HotDaytona on May 26, 2012, 09:58:16 PM
Atleast they are recognizing the Heritage for once. Chrysler Has never been great about that. The muscle car era IMO was the best years Chrysler ever had.

Recognizing,,,, or maybe Monetizing.

Either way it make more things available from the OEM. Do you think GM did it simply because of the past? No they did it to create revenue. Mopar would have made alot of cash over the years by selling us parts instead of simply looking the other way.

The price they are wanting for these items is too much though.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

I think it's cool and I would buy one... for maybe 1/4 their asking price.

Indygenerallee

They will sell more than you think!!! I would not buy it but plenty of folks will!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BananaDan

For $375, Mopar should make the '69 Charger grille center I piece.  Then they'd be doing a solid for the hobby and heritage of their own product.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

BrianShaughnessy

For $100 or a bit less,  somebody could have their wife / GF get them a Xmas / Bday present that wouldn't involve an ugly sweater.     :Twocents:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chatt69chgr

I don't need that kit.  I've got the original owners manual and shop manual already.  But I've got something better than a bunch of overpriced paper.  I've got a REAL 1969 Charger.

Fred

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on May 27, 2012, 06:00:00 AM
Yikes...   don't need that collection of stuff that bad.  :-\    They're also doing a 70 Chally set.  Same price.    They might sell a few but not many.

And along with being out of touch price wise... here's 9 tee shirts in a box for $259.   Of course you could buy them individually for $22.95 each.   You do the math  :P

$22.95 plus the correct size................I'd say that's the way to go.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Ghoste

Fiat obviously thinks Chargers and Ferraris have the same demographic.

404NOTFOUND

Sure it's worth it. It comes with a "Certificate of Authenticity". :lol:
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Indygenerallee on May 27, 2012, 10:38:19 AM
They will sell more than you think!!! I would not buy it but plenty of folks will!!
I don't think so.  Here we are on a Dodge charger site, while owning the cars and saying it's to expensive.  I wouldn't.   I thought we were in hard times?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

Exactly.  They might, MIGHT have been able to pull this stunt in 2007 but I can't see many of these things flying out the door.  It will end up as further evidence that 2 door Charger fans are extinct.  As mentioned above, the engineering drawings are what they need to publish.

69_500

I am not positive they still have all of the engineering drawings for the charger. I have thought about buying this kit to just add it to my collection of papers. Even though I have original copies of everything in the kit.

XS29L9B2

that is so expensive i fine this on ebay with no box and i dont have for 375 dolls  :icon_smile_big:
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

THE CHARGER PUNK

Love how they have a 68 on the brochure smokin the tires, '' real authentic''  :2thumbs:

mpdlawdog

Quote from: THE CHARGER PUNK on May 28, 2012, 12:02:22 PM
Love how they have a 68 on the brochure smokin the tires, '' real authentic''  :2thumbs:

I think that pic is of a members car...I wonder if he knows?
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on May 28, 2012, 07:30:47 AM
It will end up as further evidence that 2 door Charger fans are extinct. 

Further evidence to them maybe. Apparently they think anyone that owns a classic Charger is romping around in a 100-points Hemi show car with C-notes falling out of their overstuffed pockets. As usual they are out of touch. I've yet to meet anyone in this hobby that I'd consider rich and hasn't had to work pretty hard to afford what they've got. Those guys aren't going to buy something this impractical that costs this much. As said, if Chrysler is going to finally join the heritage party they would be better served providing us with something more useful and affordable.

Ghoste

Yes, further evidence to them was what I meant of course.

resq302

wow.  very pricey!  Actually the engineer drawings are available repro now.  I picked up on from Faxon Auto Literature for the charger for about $25 or so.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto