News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Never really cared for "drifting"

Started by 1BAD68, May 24, 2012, 08:13:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

But this is pretty cool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bP9kV8BHU&feature=related
skip to 3:15, turn up your speaker's and enjoy  :2thumbs:

myk

Oh God.  I hate the whole "law breaker-Zen-Point Break" themes that these types of videos and shows try to emulate.  There's a motorcycle stunt show on Speed Channel that's in the same vein, as if the entire episode is "teh illegalz" and they could get in trouble for what they're doing.  Yeah right.  And then most of these shows try to portray the performers like they're these deep, intellectual types that just happen to do their philosophizing on wheels and that every episode is some spiritual journey.  Gimme a break.

Anyway, it's nothing short of impressive that people can drift things like bikes; didn't even know you could do that until recently, and that level of technical skill is respectable even if you don't like the drifting thing...

Patronus

That is a bit overdone.. Now here gentleman is the finest 1:13 on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmYR2ZBonbo
I assure you, there is no faster way around.. I drive for miles. Ride for hours for that feeling of sliding tires across the ground.  :mcride:
'73 Cuda 340 5spd RMS
'69 Charger 383 "Luci"
'08 CRF 450r
'12.5 450SX FE

FLG

Hung out with "drifters" all the time, its fun.

Liked this video

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PonKeBVyABI&feature=youtu.be

bull

Quote from: 1BAD68 on May 24, 2012, 08:13:03 AM
But this is pretty cool...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bP9kV8BHU&feature=related
skip to 3:15, turn up your speaker's and enjoy  :2thumbs:

I don't mind the cheesiness, it's just a little DOH-style entertainment mixed in with some good driving.

Never even heard of Oregon Raceway Park but it looks like an awesome track. And it's in Oregon. :2thumbs:

Kern Dog

Quote from: myk on May 24, 2012, 08:29:01 PM
Oh God.  I hate the whole "law breaker-Zen-Point Break" themes that these types of videos and shows try to emulate.   Yeah right.  And then most of these shows try to portray the performers like they're these deep, intellectual types that just happen to do their philosophizing on wheels and that every episode is some spiritual journey.  Gimme a break.

I laughed at this post. Great one, Myk! Friggen GREAT! I have thought the same way......"Whoa, dude....It was, like, I wasn't even ON the board, dude! It was, like, I WAS the board and the waves were taking me home, dude! Thats what its all about, bro!"

:smilielol:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sweet video.....love the Cobra SC whine  :drool5:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

It stopped whining when they rolled it. :o

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on May 25, 2012, 03:27:04 PM
It stopped whining when they rolled it. :o

That must have been the driver (or owner of the car) whining then....  ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T