News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird WIW

Started by n9671x2, May 25, 2012, 06:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

n9671x2

Sorry, don't have more pictures, but looking for WIW opinions.  Numbers motor and tranny V code bench seat 4 speed, EV2 Bird.  Buildsheet, original owner still around, bought car off showroom floor from Monicatti in Detroit.  3rd owner who is still local did the restoration about 15-20 years ago.  Nice driver local show car, had trunk floor/extensions and lower quarters done.  Numbers seem all over the board, many comparables are either a 4 bbl or an auto, realistic value on the car?  I have owned the car 8 years and am thinking of letting it go, busy with family, other cars and interests, great car that should be getting more use than I have been giving it !

moparstuart

:popcrn: :popcrn:  100k   :shruggy:   more pictures please
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

y3chargerrt

Wow nice car! BTW did you run someone over pulling into that spot! lol

n9671x2

Quote from: y3chargerrt on May 25, 2012, 06:54:34 AM
Wow nice car! BTW did you run someone over pulling into that spot! lol

My daughter trying to stay out of the heat at Indy last year ! :)

Sorry, I know I should have more/better pictures, but Superbirds all look the same so I never take many pictures of this car.  Interior is nice, dash/guages have not been redone.  Underhood is nice driver, correct manifolds, radiator etc..

hemi68charger

Quote from: moparstuart on May 25, 2012, 06:44:59 AM
:popcrn: :popcrn:  100k   :shruggy:   more pictures please

I would have to agree. I remember your car, it was very nice.......... I dig the 4-gear..  ;D
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

FJ5WING

Nice Bird....

I have no ideas of value but theres a console auto car listed on Moparts for $105.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7186006&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD
wingless now, but still around.

WINGIN IT

Are those torque thrusts on the car ?
Do you have original wheels ( may matter to some) .
Original jacks and spare ?

Wouldn't be looking to do any partial Mopar trades and cash wouldya?  :D  (hint hint  :icon_smile_wink: )
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,91337.0.html

Aero426

Mags look nice on that car.

n9671x2

Quote from: Aero426 on May 25, 2012, 08:21:27 AM

I don't have the original wheels, and your right, these look better than the 14" deluxe full hubcaps and white walls it is coded for !

WINGIN IT

Quote from: n9671x2 on May 25, 2012, 08:22:54 AM
Quote from: Aero426 on May 25, 2012, 08:21:27 AM

I don't have the original wheels, and your right, these look better than the 14" deluxe full hubcaps and white walls it is coded for !

You could get full hubcaps on Superbirds? I thought only dog dishes?
I do like the current set for sure, not a fan of Rallyes .

pettybird

rainbow4jd

Do you have an offer?

If not....

.... it's not worth anything.

I know this is my pet peeve - but nothing has value until you have an offer.    You should ask questions like.... "If I sold my Bird, can you recommend an asking price?"  OR, "How much insurance value should I purchase?" OR, "Would you have paid the $350,000 that I paid for this Bird?" (Answer: "NO!")

But ultimately, it is worth NOTHING until you have someone willing to actually hand you cash, check, or money order.

PS What is my opinion worth?

NOTHING - because it was given freely!

n9671x2

Quote from: rainbow4jd on May 27, 2012, 06:45:20 PM
Do you have an offer?

If not....

.... it's not worth anything.

I know this is my pet peeve - but nothing has value until you have an offer.    You should ask questions like.... "If I sold my Bird, can you recommend an asking price?"  OR, "How much insurance value should I purchase?" OR, "Would you have paid the $350,000 that I paid for this Bird?" (Answer: "NO!")

But ultimately, it is worth NOTHING until you have someone willing to actually hand you cash, check, or money order.

PS What is my opinion worth?

NOTHING - because it was given freely!

My apologies to the board for my poorly worded post

BIGBLCK11

No apology needed.  There are WIW posts all the time on here.  It is HIS pet peeve, he should keep it that way, sarcastic or not.

Nice looking car!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: BIGBLCK11 on May 27, 2012, 10:16:37 PM
No apology needed.  There are WIW posts all the time on here.  It is HIS pet peeve, he should keep it that way, sarcastic or not.

Nice looking car!  :2thumbs:
I agree you did fine

held1823

this should be your car. it looks great.

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

moparstuart

69_500

Are you bringing it back to Indy this year?

n9671x2

Thanks for the comments and pictures from Indy!  Enjoyed Indy last year, but a full summer on tap and will be out at Carlisle earlier in the month.  FWIW, 100k is about what I was thinking, I don't know that there have been many number v code 4 speed Birds changing hands under that price.

WINGIN IT

Great close up pic of those wheels, like them even more now . :2thumbs:

Regarding WIW, $100K is about right , in my opinion.
There was a similar #'s matching V code console auto , similar color, nice driver,  that sold for about $93K I think.  It was posted here, out of TX I believe.
Could it have gotten more?  Maybe, but it least it's ball-park for you.
( especially in any trade scenarios..... :D  )

hotrod98

I say $120K to $130K  The value of non matching numbers cars and automatic cars tend to cloud the issue.

I think we will see all of the musclecars start to go up in value now that so many of them are going overseas.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

boss429kiwi

You would be "blown away" of how many cars are leaving your shores (mostly high end cars)

I believe your 6 pack, 4 speed car would be worth more (NOT because I own one), its just that I have been doing some "homework".
Have a look at what has been sold at Mecum etc. Some are even higher than HEMI sales etc

6PK 4SP
Jan 12 $200K (sold)
Aug 11 $160K (sold)

HEMI
May 12 $167K (sold)
Aug 11 $205K (?)
NEW ZEALAND (aka Paradise)
1973 De Tomaso Pantera GTS widebody
1970 Superbird, 6pack, 4 speed, Tor-Red, Buckets, restored by Julius
1970 428 Cobra Jet, 4 speed, calypso Coral, white shaker
1970 Boss 429 KK2457, Concours, Calypso Coral (SOLD)
1957 Chevy truck, big rear window, ocean green, STOCK!.....nice!

WINGIN IT

Quote from: boss429kiwi on May 29, 2012, 08:07:08 PM
You would be "blown away" of how many cars are leaving your shores (mostly high end cars)

I believe your 6 pack, 4 speed car would be worth more (NOT because I own one), its just that I have been doing some "homework".
Have a look at what has been sold at Mecum etc. Some are even higher than HEMI sales etc

6PK 4SP
Jan 12 $200K (sold)
Aug 11 $160K (sold)

HEMI
May 12 $167K (sold)
Aug 11 $205K (?)

Recent auction prices are all over the place.
That $167K Hemi is now being flipped on E-Bay.
It was during that same auction  a 4bbl 4 speed went for nearly the same price.   :o:shruggy:
Could be due to it was the only 4 speed wing car during that auction.

Only one way to find out WIW, put it up for sale or auction and let the offers come in.
:Twocents:

hotrod98

At Mecum, if the bid goes to 150K, you will end up with about $138,500. Now deduct what you spent getting the car to the auction including travel and hotel expenses. If it doesn't hit reserve, you still have to deduct the expenses from that auction from the final sale price.

The thing is, it takes at least two people that really want your car. And, preferably several people that want your car. All auctions are hit or miss.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

WINGIN IT

Exactly my point Larry, auction ARE hit and miss, and  I don't think you can rely heavily on what was paid and base your car on it.
The EK2 Hemi Superbird on E-bay now is a prime example ( he explains in detail how he ended up with the car ).

Ideally it would be nice to hear from private sellers tell us what they paid for their cars, but that's not likely going to happen... ;)
Even if they did, it would subjective. Some might think they overpaid. I know of a few myself...