News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need your opinon on value 68 383 4 speed

Started by sharpspike, January 28, 2006, 05:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

That car looks to be 40K-50K large at least as is and not put back together. You should be able to get that any day of the week.

Troy

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 29, 2006, 11:30:00 PM
That car looks to be 40K-50K large at least as is and not put back together. You should be able to get that any day of the week.
Really? I'm not questioning your judgement so much as wondering where you're getting your information. Neither car listed in this thread is an R/T and I know of some very nice ones in the last year that haven't been able to break $50k. I've got a couple of 383 cars waiting in the garage to restore if they ever start bringing that sort of cash. My opinion of course...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

bull

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 29, 2006, 11:30:00 PM

I'd say $40k is about as much as you'd ever get for it, and that would be difficult. Maybe on Barrett-Jackson on a good day if everything was correct. But $30k is reasonable. Maybe even $35k but no way it's worth $50k... yet.

bull

Quote from: John G on January 29, 2006, 09:45:07 PM
Hi. I got a 383 4speed but with a two barrel carb. My engine bay still needs to be painted and I could user floor pans. The rest is pretty much done. It's the original engine and if I had to sell it right now, I wouldn't take less than $20,000. Yours looks a lot better.

Mine is one of 74 but that doesn't really kick up the value. It's the 4 speed and big block that does.

John G

Hey, I got one of those. Can you give us some more pictures and history? And welcome to the site!

Charger Aficionado

The guy that purchased mine liked the Novelty of '68 383 4-speed NUMBERS.  He had just sold a restored '68 HEMI Charger, and was looking for something with some rarity...  He said he never had HEMI car on market, just that someone saw it and Plunked down Cash...  So maybe part of the reason he paid what he did for mine was the rarity, and the pocket full of cash?  iono

bull

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 30, 2006, 01:42:11 PM
  The guy that purchased mine liked the Novelty of '68 383 4-speed NUMBERS.  He had just sold a restored '68 HEMI Charger, and was looking for something with some rarity...  He said he never had HEMI car on market, just that someone saw it and Plunked down Cash...  So maybe part of the reason he paid what he did for mine was the rarity, and the pocket full of cash?  iono

Was yours HP or 2bbl?

Charger Aficionado

4-barrel from factory...  Didn't you see the fender tag a while back?  I thought you did... 

bull

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 30, 2006, 03:05:28 PM
  4-barrel from factory...  Didn't you see the fender tag a while back?  I thought you did... 

I can't catch everything on here. ;D That's Troy's job.

Charger Aficionado

And what a fine job he does at it :)   

Do you have a 4-speed '68 Troy?

Troy

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on January 30, 2006, 03:55:53 PM
  And what a fine job he does at it :)   

Do you have a 4-speed '68 Troy?
Ummm no, but I have a 4-speed AND a 68 Charger that seem to like each other. Been trying to buy a local 383 HP 4-speed car since last year but it's a lot of work.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

sharpspike

chargervert

You're very welcome Sharpspike, that is a really sweet Charger,I like the Gold!