News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"No expense spared" - identify all wrong with this Charger"

Started by XS29L9Bxxxxxx, May 20, 2012, 10:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Brake master looks to be for drums, not discs.

Wrong washer bottle as well.  Opens the wrong way.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Kern Dog

That brake master cylinder is what is known as the "Corvette M/C". I have one that was not used in a Master Power rear disc kit. THAT M/C had a 1 5/16" bore and was hard as a rock in a manual disc application. I'm sure that it is better with a power booster.

Dino

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on May 21, 2012, 01:39:22 PM
That brake master cylinder is what is known as the "Corvette M/C". I have one that was not used in a Master Power rear disc kit. THAT M/C had a 1 5/16" bore and was hard as a rock in a manual disc application. I'm sure that it is better with a power booster.

So do they not have one half larger than the other as in our m/c's?
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

nvrbdn

Quote from: A383Wing on May 20, 2012, 10:52:46 PM
Quote from: bill440rt on May 20, 2012, 10:51:00 PM
No one noticed the grille is painted incorrectly???  :scratchchin:

I did, but I did not want to open my mouth and prove to everyone here how stoopid I was if I was wrong

Bryan

:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

resq302

If I missed it previously, I apologize.  The safety decal on the driver side door jamb should be below the A post and not above the door latch.

Plus what everyone else has said about the car.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Cooter on May 21, 2012, 06:10:30 AM
Wow, and i thought the 300 Club guys were bad about this... One would think we of all people would be happy there's one more not being jumped though the air with "every expense spared"....

Nice '69..Wish i could have done mine to that level.

Thats not what the thread is about....its about the flippers that tout a no expense spared resto when clearly nothing was spent on it.

PS---you all missed one big item.

It originally was F8 green, C6G green interior, V1W white top & V8W white stripe....  :nana:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 21, 2012, 05:21:14 PM

It originally was F8 green, C6G green interior, V1W white top & V8W white stripe....  :nana:

This explains quite a bit, actually  :Twocents:

RallyeMike

QuoteThats not what the thread is about....its about the flippers that tout a no expense spared resto when clearly nothing was spent on it.

Nothing spent on it? The frenzy you are all in about how incorrect this car is is clouding your judgement.  :lol:

Its pretty clear that someone has spent a boatload of time and money on this car. Everything looks fresh and clean and with some exceptions, is well executed, just not restored to stock standards. I would argue that the cost to get this car into its current condition is not far off from what it would have taken to restore it "right". It certainly would have been a better investment to do so, but some people don't care or know any better.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

rarefish

Quote from: jaak on May 20, 2012, 10:20:04 PM
Inner doors (around door panel) orange instead of black.

That being said, still an awesome car, I would take it if given to me.

Jason

You see that door frame paint mistake all the time by these so called top notch resto shops. Just like the missing black out paint on the core support.  :eek2:

Highbanked Hauler

Is there some rule of thumb on antennas ? My 500 has a solid non-adjustable antenna that it came with and also has the rear reflector housing the body color. Best i can figure mine was built in Sept. Judging by the days left and the price somebody is not to concerned about the color or the non stock "flaws".
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

TUFCAT

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on May 21, 2012, 05:26:19 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on May 21, 2012, 05:21:14 PM

It originally was F8 green, C6G green interior, V1W white top & V8W white stripe....  :nana:

This explains quite a bit, actually  :Twocents:

It appears Russo and Steele sold it four years ago to somebody who probably thought they bought a factory style restoration, and still thinks its a correct car :shruggy:

I'd call it a "free style" restoration needing TLC to be considered close by today's standard of correctness. Depending on price it could be a value as a real R/T with a color change.  Who Knows? :scratchchin:

I'm curious to see what happens  :popcrn: