News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This is the first classic Mopar I've seen that looks good with a painted bumper

Started by bull, May 22, 2012, 07:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

From Team Witt's Facebook page. I think the Challenger looks pretty good here. At first I mistook it for a new Challenger.

charge69

Not a big fan of painted bumpers on cars that originally came with chrome-plated ones but ...............  that Challenger does look nice in the pics.

hatersaurusrex

I agree, I think it's the orange on black and the fact that the grille is blacked out over the metal that makes it work and it does look like a newer Challenger.

For me, the worst is any painted bumpers on the '70 Chargers.  Even when they're all blacked out it just looks 'wrong'

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

GOTWING

I don't like a grill sprayed with a black rattle can! i see it all the time with say 73 Chargers :flame:

myk

So....I can pretty much guess your guy's opinion on a 2nd Gen with painted bumpers-NO!  I have to ask because my car's getting sprayed this weekend and I don't know what to do with the bumpers.  Hell the shop pretty much decided what color to paint the car because it's been 3 months and I couldn't decide on that either.  I really, really, REALLY don't like chrome, but I don't want to ruin the look of the car, either.  Those bumpers are integral to the look of the car and unless they're removed I'm guessing they really can't be any color other than chrome.  Or black?  No, gray!  NVM... :brickwall:

Todd Wilson

That old Dodge truck looks pretty nice with a painted bumper!

Todd

A383Wing

Chryco Psycho

myk

Quote from: A383Wing on May 24, 2012, 10:46:12 PM
I painted the rear on mine

Bryan

Wait!  That doesn't look bad at all!  Are there any other 2nd Gens in here with painted bumpers?!

Todd Wilson

Fred

Quote from: A383Wing on May 24, 2012, 10:46:12 PM
I painted the rear on mine

Bryan

That looks great Bryan. In fact, it looks just how it's meant to be.  :2thumbs:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: bull on May 22, 2012, 07:31:01 PM
From Team Witt's Facebook page. I think the Challenger looks pretty good here. At first I mistook it for a new Challenger.

Same here.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

bull

I do like the look of it on that Daytona. I've seen a few 2nd gens with the front bumper painted and it just does not work for me at all but it would work on a Daytona since there's really no front bumper.

That orange third gen above looks good too but the Barracuda? No.

bull

Quote from: GOTWING on May 24, 2012, 05:34:14 AM
I don't like a grill sprayed with a black rattle can! i see it all the time with say 73 Chargers :flame:

If that grill wasn't blacked out I don't think the painted bumper would look as good. I think that's why the Chargers with painted bumpers don't look good if the grill is kept stock. All that silver paint and shiny trim look goofy without a chrome front bumper IMO.

thedodgeboys

I'm partial to the painted bumper look especially if they are the rubber or elastomeric covered ones.

GOTWING

Bryan, yours looks great! :drool5: i like second gen if it's factory done!

Chryco Psycho

XS29LA47V21

:popcrn:   :cheers:  did dat front and back in 1992 w/ F8 car painted 92 caddy pearl white, had the car like that about another ten yrs before selling ( :'( kinda wish I had that one back, nice original body/int).

...    :-\   I have past that look for me, but they can look good at times depending on car and color IMO

myk

Thanks for the pictures and opinions, guys.  Looks like I've got some quick thinking to do...

bull

Yea, no offense but I just don't like it on the front of a first gen.

myk

bull

Quote from: myk on May 26, 2012, 01:33:07 AM
Quote from: bull on May 25, 2012, 03:28:18 PM

You mean 2nd Gen?

Ooops, yea, 2nd gen. :slap: I probably wouldn't like them on a 1st gen either though.

A383Wing

Quote from: bull on May 26, 2012, 02:33:35 PM
Quote from: myk on May 26, 2012, 01:33:07 AM
Quote from: bull on May 25, 2012, 03:28:18 PM

You mean 2nd Gen?

Ooops, yea, 2nd gen. :slap: I probably wouldn't like them on a 1st gen either though.

yea, it ain't all that pretty on a first Gen either

Bryan

bull

That's not too bad. Something about the 2nd gen grill to me just doesn't look right without a chrome bumper underneath.

A383Wing

I like the painted rear bumper on my Daytona....I'm still undecided about the front on the 69

Bryan